Mercedes EQE looks better than EQS

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Thanks for posting. MB seems to have hit this one out of the park -- 110% improvement over current e-class on the exterior and about a 500% improvement on the interior. If Porsche did not make an EV I'd jump on this like stink on sh!t. It will be interesting to hear the comments from the Teslarati peanut gallery on this one (which will be priced at or below the Model S). My guess is they will be turning up the volume even louder on drag strip times, whatever.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
Different car for different people. I can't see anything to compare. It is a luxury limousine inside and out Taycan is a sports car. I wouldn't say it is bad, but "hardcore" Porsche buyer would newer swap for a car like this. From a Porsche point of view for me it is irrelevant.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
Not a fan of the grill/front of the EQE or EQS. Large applause to them for moving so quickly in this direction, but I find these to be their most umderwhelming looking cars.
Not a fan of the side view as well after seeing some stationary videos. The design is falling apart heir totally with a lot of triangles in different sizes and shapes on the window area.
It is clearly an ugly looking car similarly to EQS.
Additionally the back is a simple copy of Audi/Porsche with connected lights in a much worse look as copies used to be.
Maybe they hired the designer of Prius, I do not know...

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
Not a fan of the side view as well after seeing some stationary videos. The design is falling apart heir totally with a lot of triangles in different sizes and shapes on the window area.
It is clearly an ugly looking car similarly to EQS.
Additionally the back is a simple copy of Audi/Porsche with connected lights in a much worse look as copies used to be.
Maybe they hired the designer of Prius, I do not know...

I'm not a fan of the EQS, but I think the EQE looks quite attractive. It's almost Gen 1 versus Gen 2 Panamera. The EQS just doesn't quite look right and has odd proportions, but the EQE seems to get it right.

Compared to Tesla (because we compare everything to Tesla right :rolleyes:), I think it's substantially better looking then the Model 3/Y/X. It seems on par with the Model S.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
My guess is they will be turning up the volume even louder on drag strip times, whatever.
Well, all you need is an EQ with its high-tech noise insulation and this problem is solved! ;)

steen

First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB E-class coupe
Country flag
I think the EGE looks far worse than the old E class. Looks like something produced and designed in China.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
EQS/EQE extremely boring exteriors to my eye and indeed akin to something Toyota would produce if that's your thing - that new Maybach SUV looks more like a Buick :) Sometimes trying too hard to be E distinctive from prior ICE designs is not always a good thing imo! Porsche seem to be keeping more true to their exterior design ethic but some of course might argue this is too old school too - not me :)

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
Kingske

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Dear fellow forum members, time for a disclaimer: yes, I fully agree that the Taycan looks far better than either the Mercedes EQS or EQE. Yes, I also agree that many ICE cars look better than both Mercedes EV's. The only point I wanted to make is that IMHO the Mercedes EQE looks better than the EQS, at least the exterior of it.