Jsherid!

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 CTS-V Wagon (M6), 928S4
Country flag
Excuse my ignorance but aren’t we supposed to only for tires that are marked for electric vehicles. I understand these tires are supposedly ranked very high but wanted to confirm.
I went with the Cross Climate 2's and they have been outstanding in terms of wet and dry grip. The reduction in tire noise is nothing short of amazing--I had the OE fit Michelins on the car and they were always noisy.
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
The Pilot 4S is a great tire. By far my favorite over any manufacturer.
100% agree. - hands down incredible. Pilot Sport is the only rubber gracing my P-cars.

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
It took a while but I found a set thanks to on-sitetires.com who is installing them as we speak in my garage.

Left side done, right side in progress.
IMG_0004.jpeg
IMG_0005.jpeg
IMG_0006.jpeg
IMG_0007.jpeg

Hey Derek looks great.
Do you have any reservations about the lack of NF0 rating on these? I know it may be a formality or maybe it isn't. I wanna do these tires next too.
How many miles did you get out of front and backs you're replacing? Were they Pirellis or Goodyears?

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hey Derek looks great.
Do you have any reservations about the lack of NF0 rating on these? I know it may be a formality or maybe it isn't. I wanna do these tires next too.
How many miles did you get out of front and backs you're replacing? Were they Pirellis or Goodyears?
No reservations whatsoever about lack of N-rating. Tire tech seems to advance faster than Porsche N-rates tires; it's not the first time I've gone off the reservation to get a good set. The important things are to match size, speed rating and load.

My rears were Continentals. I got 10.5K out of the rears, and 18.5K out of the fronts.

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
No reservations whatsoever about lack of N-rating. Tire tech seems to advance faster than Porsche N-rates tires; it's not the first time I've gone off the reservation to get a good set. The important things are to match size, speed rating and load.

My rears were Continentals. I got 10.5K out of the rears, and 18.5K out of the fronts.
Thanks for the info. So you replaced all seasons with summer tires?

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It took a while but I found a set thanks to on-sitetires.com who is installing them as we speak in my garage.

IMG_0004.jpeg
IMG_0005.jpeg
IMG_0006.jpeg
IMG_0007.jpeg
I noticed on yours and mine that the balancing weights are black and not that ugly gray that Discount tires put on. Did your guy use the black weights?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag

Hi Derek, I will be very interested to hear your feedback on these Michelin tyres. I also want these and can not really wait for N-rated??

I also see that you plan a long trip with these tures so you will get a good feeling of them!

illini_sf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Thanks Derek, very interested as well as how you like them and if you notice any major range changes going from the Conti's.

Looking to replace them soon with either the Pirelli's or the PS4's

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I am LOVING these tires so far. It makes the car feel even better.

Subtantially better traction in the rain as well. 2000 miles on them so far.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Just FYI- Tirerack shows these as not being in till August for the rears, and the P Zeros as being back ordered. I chatted with Tirerack about the Pirellis, as I will probably need another pair of these rears first. They said they are not expecting the Pirellis anytime soon, as they are very low production and they said the dealer network is scooping up all the tires for the dealers.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I had a very difficult time finding the rears but on-sitetires.com came through for me.

I was very happy with the install work they did too.

illini_sf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Wondering if you had any noticeable drop for range now that you've had them a month plus now?

I saw for the fronts, Tesla Model S PS4's should fit as well, they have the foam liner for noise as well, wondering if you went with those?

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Wondering if you had any noticeable drop for range now that you've had them a month plus now?

I saw for the fronts, Tesla Model S PS4's should fit as well, they have the foam liner for noise as well, wondering if you went with those?
Very difficult for me to say re range - my range tanked because I took a high speed 4000 mile road trip :) Slowly building it back up.
Sponsored