Mid-corona update: my Turbo S is coming! [Update: now delivered!!]

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
Well, I will be taking the type of full insurance that covers even if the accident is my fault or the fault can't be determined. If it's the other guys fault as is the case here, *their* mandatory basic insurance would cover anything on my car automatically, my own insurance would not be used in such a case.

In this case if the rear ender has only a basic insurance he'll pay for the damages on his car. But if he has full insurance, it would pay for the damages. There is of course a deductible amount in these cases which would need to be paid by the rear ender but large majority of damage would be covered. Downside is you'd lose all your insurance bonuses leading to higher prices going forward.

This at least is how the car insurances work in Finland. Anyway, I did have another point.

I have requested full insurance offers for my upcoming Taycan 4S and man do they vary in cost. Like A LOT. Happily I got a decent offer from my regular insurance company and I will go for that but the one from its largest competitor was from another planet.

I asked why, and the answer was that their estimate for the cost of repairing premium electric cars is quite high and that's why their insurance cost is high. So some companies do take this risk into account already but when looking for insurances for your Taycan MAKE SURE to get offers from many companies! There can be like a 100% price difference as was in my case.

Not a 10% or 20% difference. Literally close to 100%. That's how new electric cars are to insurance companies. And not just that, it's a new electric car. And the first Porsche electric. They simply don't have the data. Some have more, some less, all quite not optimized yet. Make sure you find the best offers. At least that's how it is in Finland still.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Well, I will be taking the type of full insurance that covers even if the accident is my fault or the fault can't be determined. If it's the other guys fault as is the case here, *their* mandatory basic insurance would cover anything on my car automatically, my own insurance would not be used in such a case.
At least that's how it is in Finland still.
Here in the Netherlands we have three types (simplified):
-WA: minimum insurance for basic liability (only to others).
All cars have to have this.
-WA+Casco: same as above but with some own cover against fire, theft, storm, glass damage etc.
-Allrisk: all damage insured.

I have Allrisk and pay €130/month.
I also have a tracking system installed, that service is €299/year (the insurance demands that)
I charge at work so basicly the insurance are all my costs.

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
The insurance types are similar over here. Here are the offers I received from two leading insurance companies:

Basic insurance + highest level casco (basically allrisk)

Company one: 1900 € per year which is 158 € per month.
Company two: 3300 € per year which is 275 € per month.

Safe to say I'm finalizing the deal with company one when the car arrives. Just an example that the difference can be significant. 130 € for allrisk is a very good price!

Reactions: Dee

Mik76

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 320, Bmw 120
Country flag
Here in the Netherlands we have three types (simplified):
-WA: minimum insurance for basic liability (only to others).
All cars have to have this.
-WA+Casco: same as above but with some own cover against fire, theft, storm, glass damage etc.
-Allrisk: all damage insured.

I have Allrisk and pay €130/month.
I also have a tracking system installed, that service is €299/year (the insurance demands that)
I charge at work so basicly the insurance are all my costs.
@Dee
Where did you insurance the car? Was that at Porsche?

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok, have to wait just a little bit longer.
I was rear ended after picking up the car.
Can you believe it???
I'm pretty tired now.
From ultimate happiness to utter disappointment, that sucks a lot of energy...
All is being taken care of so meanwhile I got a 992 for the time being.
Sad story isn't it?
To be continued.
ah, damn. So sorry to hear that. It looks like some nasty scratches on your car, and his smashed into a brick wall. His airbags deployed ? wow. "do not run into 2 tons of batteries"

Whistler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne E-Hybrid, Taycan
Country flag

In this case if the rear ender has only a basic insurance he'll pay for the damages on his car. But if he has full insurance, it would pay for the damages. There is of course a deductible amount in these cases which would need to be paid by the rear ender but large majority of damage would be covered. Downside is you'd lose all your insurance bonuses leading to higher prices going forward.

This at least is how the car insurances work in Finland. Anyway, I did have another point.

I have requested full insurance offers for my upcoming Taycan 4S and man do they vary in cost. Like A LOT. Happily I got a decent offer from my regular insurance company and I will go for that but the one from its largest competitor was from another planet.

I asked why, and the answer was that their estimate for the cost of repairing premium electric cars is quite high and that's why their insurance cost is high. So some companies do take this risk into account already but when looking for insurances for your Taycan MAKE SURE to get offers from many companies! There can be like a 100% price difference as was in my case.

Not a 10% or 20% difference. Literally close to 100%. That's how new electric cars are to insurance companies. And not just that, it's a new electric car. And the first Porsche electric. They simply don't have the data. Some have more, some less, all quite not optimized yet. Make sure you find the best offers. At least that's how it is in Finland still.
out of curiousity, which company did you choose?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag

I agree that the rates can vary quite a lot. I had a couple of quotes for my Taycan Turbo. The two quotes I look into a bit more differed by nearly 50% from. The lowest to the highest. The higher quote came through Porsche Assurance which was a surprise! And the Insurance company behind the quotes were the same, one of the worlds largest AXA! It was a surprise. But in. The end of day my quote was about 1410 Euro fully comprehensive, which I think is good value.

OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Guys, it's back!
Finally!
It took two months, the last part (diffusor) came in last Tuesday and I picked the car up yesterday, drove all day, lol!!! :)
Here are some pics:
Porsche Taycan Mid-corona update: my Turbo S is coming! [Update: now delivered!!] IMG-20200420-WA0002

First pic up, 11 april.
Porsche Taycan Mid-corona update: my Turbo S is coming! [Update: now delivered!!] IMG_20200605_180422042

Second attempt, yesterday...
So far so good! :)
Porsche Taycan Mid-corona update: my Turbo S is coming! [Update: now delivered!!] IMG_20200605_175259018

I managed to drive it home:
Porsche Taycan Mid-corona update: my Turbo S is coming! [Update: now delivered!!] IMG_20200606_094733171_HDR
Porsche Taycan Mid-corona update: my Turbo S is coming! [Update: now delivered!!] IMG_20200606_094749900_HDR
Porsche Taycan Mid-corona update: my Turbo S is coming! [Update: now delivered!!] IMG_20200606_094803938
Porsche Taycan Mid-corona update: my Turbo S is coming! [Update: now delivered!!] IMG_20200606_094824570_HDR
Porsche Taycan Mid-corona update: my Turbo S is coming! [Update: now delivered!!] IMG_20200606_095116036
Porsche Taycan Mid-corona update: my Turbo S is coming! [Update: now delivered!!] IMG_20200606_095138795
Porsche Taycan Mid-corona update: my Turbo S is coming! [Update: now delivered!!] IMG_20200606_095739209_HDR
Porsche Taycan Mid-corona update: my Turbo S is coming! [Update: now delivered!!] IMG_20200606_094628101_HDR
Porsche Taycan Mid-corona update: my Turbo S is coming! [Update: now delivered!!] IMG_20200606_095211343
Porsche Taycan Mid-corona update: my Turbo S is coming! [Update: now delivered!!] IMG_20200606_094650152_HDR
Porsche Taycan Mid-corona update: my Turbo S is coming! [Update: now delivered!!] IMG_20200606_095336404_HDR
Porsche Taycan Mid-corona update: my Turbo S is coming! [Update: now delivered!!] IMG_20200606_094706107_HDR

No need to tell you how happy I am to have it back!...
Let the good times roll!

bangersandmash

First Name
bib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Alpina B3S, Opel Corsa electric
Country flag
Nice interior, glad you got her back and can enjoy your Taycan Experience

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Congratulations and enjoy the car. Nice to see a lighter colour interior. Black is too hot in warm climates. And we are still in the beginning of summer!

Hope you have some fun drives with it and let us know what you think of your experience.

dmb

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hope you are still enjoying the car!

I was just rear ended by a drunk driver today, I asked for their insurance info and she kept refusing so I called the police and while waiting for them she took off.

My damage was not as bad as yours, just a few scuffs on the lower diffuser but i am wondering did you have any hidden damage? I dont know what is on the otherside of the bumper that might like sensors that need to be replaced/recalibrated etc.

OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Hope you are still enjoying the car!

I was just rear ended by a drunk driver today, I asked for their insurance info and she kept refusing so I called the police and while waiting for them she took off.

My damage was not as bad as yours, just a few scuffs on the lower diffuser but i am wondering did you have any hidden damage? I dont know what is on the otherside of the bumper that might like sensors that need to be replaced/recalibrated etc.
Nothing much really.
Only a speaker and some struts.

Porsche Taycan Mid-corona update: my Turbo S is coming! [Update: now delivered!!] IMG_20210629_114121404
Sponsored