Mileage Question

Basebull7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So my Taycan is 2021 with 10,000 miles. I’ve noticed that my mileage at 85% charge has been dropping. Originally it was 235 miles now I’m getting 195. Can’t understand why it’s going down. I live in South Florida so cold weather is. It a factor.

any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Any recent road trips?

I find they drag it down a while.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So my Taycan is 2021 with 10,000 miles. I’ve noticed that my mileage at 85% charge has been dropping. Originally it was 235 miles now I’m getting 195. Can’t understand why it’s going down. I live in South Florida so cold weather is. It a factor.

any help would be appreciated.
Could be weather (ambient) related, could be the consequence of uPdate (colour icons etc) changes (my range dropped significantly for several weeks before recovering) or it could be some battery degradation. My money is on uPdate!

Reactions: B61

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Actually yes...I just got back from Key West drove into the garage and charged it....car was still hot.
That shouldn’t matter. What I have found is that road trips with lots of highway miles burn more electrons and throw off the range estimator for a while. You should see it recover over the next few weeks as you return to your normal routine.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Mine seems to have lost about 30 miles range after update too. 250 to 220 at extrapolated 100%. No change in driving habits, it is a bit cooler I guess, but not much.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Mine seems to have lost about 30 miles range after update too. 250 to 220 at extrapolated 100%. No change in driving habits, it is a bit cooler I guess, but not much.
Yep - I'm the same, lost miles due to uPdate but range has recovered in the last month. The weather has been very mild (21C in London) of late so unlikely to be a factor until we are in sub 10C territory.

I wouldn't worry - check your average consumption figure rather than the range stated on the battery.

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Yep - I'm the same, lost miles due to uPdate but range has recovered in the last month. The weather has been very mild (21C in London) of late so unlikely to be a factor until we are in sub 10C territory.

I wouldn't worry - check your average consumption figure rather than the range stated on the battery.
That’s exactly what i wanted to say.
About 10 weeks after uPdate my average consumption (between charging) is still arround 20-21kwh/100km. My predicted range after charging dropped from 400-420 down to 360/370km, so i think that’s just different prediction alghoritm.

today, i found out some strange behaviour that i have never noticed before.
i charged till 92% SoC and when i stopped, there was 92% SoC and predicted 376km on the screen.
I still watching on the screen, and kilometers increased by one…up to 390km.
After that, i disconnected & store cable to the trunk, locked the car and went to the house where i launched app and predicted range dropped back to 356km….

edit: just to make things clear. I stopped charging, when i started to monitor the screen, noticed how range estimation increasing. It takes about a minute or two until the number stays at 390km.

Last edited:

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Hmm. Just did a road trip. Mosly motorway at 60-70. Range at 100% started at 220 miles. Got it down to about 20 miles remaining in the tank, and that was after 180 miles. So true range more like 200 :confused:. Return journey, car much the same performance.
Sponsored