Missing Matrix Headlights?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ferrari F355 spider, Mercedes 500E, Toyota Prius P
Country flag
I think it depends on the market and the time the spec was locked.
I realise that.
If the options change after you have made your order and paid your deposit but before build you are stuck with either taking a car spec you didn't want, cancelling or waiting an aeon.

Since the Taycan CT 4S is literally the only car available on the market today which appeals to me but I don't need a new car at all my choice is limited so I will wait until there is a build slot and decide.

I may even change my spec to one of the ubiquitous ones with selling in mind and re-order what I really want, but I am getting too old to bother.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
So I have a slightly different perspective having just picked up my 4S with the matrix headlights in the UK. They are good, but I am not sure that they would be a dealbreaker for me. I live in a rural area so benefit from good lights at night and there is no question, they are good. But I think the standard ones will be be good as well. The matrix function is good, but I have been flashed a few times by cars coming the other way and the way they dim sectors works but isn’t that amazing. PDLS+ is also good I think. I had this on my Macan with xenons - not as good as the Taycan, but that is because they weren’t LED I think.

Would I spec them again? Possibly, I am not sure yet. Would I cancel a car order if I couldn’t have them. No. Maybe this perspective will help someone out there

OP
OP

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
So I have a slightly different perspective having just picked up my 4S with the matrix headlights in the UK. They are good, but I am not sure that they would be a dealbreaker for me. I live in a rural area so benefit from good lights at night and there is no question, they are good. But I think the standard ones will be be good as well. The matrix function is good, but I have been flashed a few times by cars coming the other way and the way they dim sectors works but isn’t that amazing. PDLS+ is also good I think. I had this on my Macan with xenons - not as good as the Taycan, but that is because they weren’t LED I think.

Would I spec them again? Possibly, I am not sure yet. Would I cancel a car order if I couldn’t have them. No. Maybe this perspective will help someone out there
Very insightful, thanks for that!

OP
OP

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I realise that.
If the options change after you have made your order and paid your deposit but before build you are stuck with either taking a car spec you didn't want, cancelling or waiting an aeon.

Since the Taycan CT 4S is literally the only car available on the market today which appeals to me but I don't need a new car at all my choice is limited so I will wait until there is a build slot and decide.

I may even change my spec to one of the ubiquitous ones with selling in mind and re-order what I really want, but I am getting too old to bother.
Agree with your perspective. I hope you’ll get what you wish for 😌😌

Advertisement

SRM Autosports
Advertisement