ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have had my 2020 Taycan since November 2020 and have appreciated the “G” icon in the search bar next to the text entry area.
For those that don’t know pressing on this icon will perform a Google search for the destination you type in which is much more gracious and thorough than the search provided by the Porsche system.

I know it has been omitted when I do not have Internet access but it was reliably there when I did have access. I have noticed in the last few weeks that the option has disappeared and I’m wondering if any other owners have seen this or know how to resolve it. I do have a case open with Porsche North America and will post here if I get an answer from them.
I have images:
Porsche Taycan Missing the “G” icon in Nav Search 202CB9F0-F0FE-4AAF-B2E0-A18BEEF3D855
Porsche Taycan Missing the “G” icon in Nav Search C19F7704-B086-49CE-8CF6-1BCA9DA21FB0

MartyMosh

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Panamera 4SE Executive
Country flag
I have had my 2020 Taycan since November 2020 and have appreciated the “G” icon in the search bar next to the text entry area.
For those that don’t know pressing on this icon will perform a Google search for the destination you type in which is much more gracious and thorough than the search provided by the Porsche system.

I know it has been omitted when I do not have Internet access but it was reliably there when I did have access. I have noticed in the last few weeks that the option has disappeared and I’m wondering if any other owners have seen this or know how to resolve it. I do have a case open with Porsche North America and will post here if I get an answer from them.
I have images:
202CB9F0-F0FE-4AAF-B2E0-A18BEEF3D855.jpeg
C19F7704-B086-49CE-8CF6-1BCA9DA21FB0.jpeg
I have the same issue in my 2020. Started happening around the same timeframe as you (about a month now) after a visit to the dealer for a recall. I also have a case open and it will be in the shop next week to try to resolve. The Nav is really unreliable without the Google search... as is the voice command for Nav. I'll also update here if they find a solution. Interesting that I also am having some trouble with the connection status in the MY Porsche app showing "no connection" even though the remote functions work fine. Also in the app I only can only send map destinations to our other car (Panamera) as the Taycan is no longer listed as a "send to" choice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for the update Marty, I was noticing that the send to function wasn’t where I expected it a few days ago and no I agree with you it is completely missing. I will add that to my ticket.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Ditto. No Google search in my 2020. Bummer. Hope it is a glitch and not a money-saving maneuver to save a few pennies per car per month!:angry:

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I did talk with Porsche Cars North America and they had be remove my account and re-add it but no change. I also talked to two other Taycan 2020 owners in my area and confirmed the same issue with them.

I called my local dealership and a salesman was kind enough to check a 2021 and the G icon was there. He even did a factory reset and verified it was there after that as well.

I am to get another call from PCNA tomorrow afternoon after my contact attempts to find more information. Will keep you posted.

I am hoping it was just a bad SW update that “accidentally” removed the option.

FYI: here you can watch Sabine demonstrate the Nav search and talk about Google search functionality:

Last edited:

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I received a callback from PCNA, they confirmed with me that the contract to provide the Google search has ended and is being removed. This was the worst outcome from of my fears, though I do appreciate getting an answer.
They have escalated my second issue of the missing ability to send a navigation address from the My Porsche app to the vehicle. I also checked using the Porsche Connect app and the "Transfer" button is there but is greyed out and not available.
Porsche Taycan Missing the “G” icon in Nav Search image0-2
Porsche Taycan Missing the “G” icon in Nav Search image0-3

JonS1234

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Model S Plaid, Model X LR
Country flag
I received a callback from PCNA, they confirmed with me that the contract to provide the Google search has ended and is being removed. This was the worst outcome from of my fears, though I do appreciate getting an answer.
They have escalated my second issue of the missing ability to send a navigation address from the My Porsche app to the vehicle. I also checked using the Porsche Connect app and the "Transfer" button is there but is greyed out and not available.
image0-2.jpeg
image0-3.jpeg
+1 on experiencing all of these issues with a 2020 Taycan Turbo. The in-built navigation has become really bothersome without ”send to vehicle“ and the removal of Google Search integration in the Nav.

Sounds like this was a pure cost cutting exercise from Porsche’s point of view. It’s just forcing me to use CarPlay on a more consistent basis now (Oh and one of the reasons I’ll trade the car in for something else).

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
They really should at least offer Google search as an FOD and not leave us out completely.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Has anybody got any more information about this?

I have also lost the Google search as well as lost all my entered addresses and previous entries.
All of my favourites have also disappeared since last week. They were available last Friday but blank now.

Sending any destinations or Chargers to the vehivle as well as route planning are also lost.

Is this problem widespread??

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag

I have also lost the Google search as well as lost all my entered addresses and previous entries.
All of my favourites have also disappeared since last week. They were available last Friday but blank now.

Sending any destinations or Chargers to the vehivle as well as route planning are also lost.

Im not sure if mine disappeared but it is definitely there now.

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
image0-2.jpeg
image0-3.jpeg
Same problems with my 20. I think the reason for both issues has more to do with our software version in conjunction with the server migration at the end of April. In Europe they cannot suddenly functionality that was purchased cancel, that would for sure result in claims. I have mentioned this issue to my dealer. They also could not solve it and are now escalating.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Same problems with my 20. I think the reason for both issues has more to do with our software version in conjunction with the server migration at the end of April. In Europe they cannot suddenly functionality that was purchased cancel, that would for sure result in claims. I have mentioned this issue to my dealer. They also could not solve it and are now escalating.
I also have contacted my SA and its good yo hear that others have done the same, thanks. Since I am on a road trip just now it is a feature that is sorely missed. And making it worse is that I now longer can find a destination on my phone and send it to the car.

Great to be able to use of Apple CarPlay with Google or Waze though. And routing has been much better using Google maps than what the car could provide.

Now if I only could find a way to get Google Maps to show in the instrument cluster, I would happily stop using anything from Porsche in the PCM.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I also have contacted my SA and its good yo hear that others have done the same, thanks. Since I am on a road trip just now it is a feature that is sorely missed. And making it worse is that I now longer can find a destination on my phone and send it to the car.
That is so frustrating.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag

I lost the G as well, along with Apple Podcasts.