Mission E - Change Color

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
I have solid black ME wheels and looking to have the outer ring painted to match car color (Carrara White)
Has anyone done this?
How difficult is it to paint match the Carrara White?
I‘m assuming to paint match the wheels would be painted vs powder coated correct?
Sponsored

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have solid black ME wheels and looking to have the outer ring painted to match car color (Carrara White)
Has anyone done this?
I‘m assuming to paint match the wheels would be painted vs powder coated correct?
I'd imagine you'd want to do powder coating - for the process they strip down the wheel before applying the coat of paint.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Haven’t done it so can’t add much, but will be looking into it, but the other way to all black as per yours currently ( although like the current silver/ black standard more than I thought I would).

OP
OP
TheFutre

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
@Nickj
I do love the all black wheels
Kinda wanna have fun with the white mission e design
I also had the silver and liked but wasn’t crazy since there’s no other silver on the car

Haven’t done it so can’t add much, but will be looking into it, but the other way to all black as per yours currently ( although like the current silver/ black standard more than I thought I would).

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
@Nickj
I do love the all black wheels
Kinda wanna have fun with the white mission e design
I also had the silver and liked but wasn’t crazy since there’s no other silver on the car
Absolutely. Have fun modding!

I wanted all black for that exact reason of no other silver, but couldn’t justify the £900 extra to have them all black. Plan was to paint black immediately, but on getting the car the silvers looks ok, in some lights it almost looks matched to the crayon. Either way it doesn’t look out of place, but I will still go all black at some point.

Have you considered getting the inserts wrapped and then you could try all sorts of colours? I’m pondering seeing if the outer rim inserts could be wrapped black as a starter for ten.

BTN1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S & 2020 911 Turbo S
Country flag
Wondering if you ended up painting the outer wheel rim to match Carrera white? Looking to do same and any advice you can give would be great!

Has anyone done this?

ZMan76

First Name
Ziyad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A7
Country flag
Wondering if you ended up painting the outer wheel rim to match Carrera white? Looking to do same and any advice you can give would be great!
I plan to also get my all black ME wheel painted white or possibly chrome on the outer edges. Its a shame Porsche wouldn't swap them out. That would be ideal, since there may be someone out there who wants the all black mission E wheels.

I mean, they charge extra for the jet black powder coat in the configurator. There should be a separate thread or place on this forum to swap parts if they live close by.

Cdeedee

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi, just curious, did anyone on the thread go through with modding the mission e? My 4s came with satin grey finish, but I really like the signature 2 tone look. I’ve had the car for a year and have been debating the whole time. I found a reputable business who will black satin paint the center hub and spokes while masking off the existing satin grey lip/curve. Attached is my wheel (all grey) and the look I’m hoping to achieve.
Porsche Taycan Mission E - Change Color 73B2E7F5-5B95-4C07-9E5D-81F92114130F
Porsche Taycan Mission E - Change Color 181519BB-FBAB-4109-8B7E-E0B448FE78F6
Porsche Taycan Mission E - Change Color C6D104DB-0800-4377-83D6-6544557C24B2