Mission-E wheels fit Taycan 4S with the standard brakes?

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
Damn, this has put a spanner in my works. I LOVE those wheels, but am reluctant to pay the £5,100 difference for the wheels and mandatory brakes as seen on the configurator.
Will email my dealer now to see if it's possible and feedback here
Even in the UK, winter tyres are a great idea. You could get the car on 19s or 20s and fit winter tyres on those rims, and you will definitely find Mission Es or the Exclusive 21s for less than that from 3rd party companies that you could fit summer tyres to.

So for the 5k you can end up with a great set of summer / winter wheels. Just a thought.
Sponsored

JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
Even in the UK, winter tyres are a great idea. You could get the car on 19s or 20s and fit winter tyres on those rims, and you will definitely find Mission Es or the Exclusive 21s for less than that from 3rd party companies that you could fit summer tyres to.

So for the 5k you can end up with a great set of summer / winter wheels. Just a thought.
So am I correct in thinking the OP bought the alloys and put them on some non-Porsche provided wheels?
Will have to find out where to buy the alloys from I guess

DarthRaider81

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4S, '18 Macan GTS, '18 RS5, '10 FX35S
Country flag
I have no problem at all, no noise or other issues!

0D573C98-3ACB-42BE-B425-4387200E3AB8.jpeg

ABDA588D-DFC7-4D86-A6FC-728E7BFE2ED1.jpeg

42387292-F1AA-46BE-AD62-A03B5375DC30.jpeg
Have you noticed any “knocking” sound when you make a full or wide turn? My friend had this issue with his Taycan when he put the Mission E wheels on his standard brakes and I was worried it might be an issue with the caliper fitting with these wheels.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Have you noticed any “knocking” sound when you make a full or wide turn? My friend had this issue with his Taycan when he put the Mission E wheels on his standard brakes and I was worried it might be an issue with the caliper fitting with these wheels.
Can anyone please reconfirm that they have had no issues with mission E wheels on standard brakes? One dealership told me it should be ok, another told me there will be loud sound issues..
I'm not sure how many owners have done this... Thanks...

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
I was told it was a heat issue.
You may get more break dust with them being none ceramic but the brakes are used less than a regular car anyway.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've had the mission E's on my 4S with standard brakes and have had no issues with noise or feel.. besides hitting a pothole and blowing out a tire.... I have not been over 80km/hr on them so will need to go on the highway and see... The MY21 have smaller callipers.... there are plenty of people with aftermarket 21" with standard brakes, and have not heard of any issues...

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
The knocking sound at full / wide turn is normal and mentioned in the manual. Some cars do it with specific tyre sizes and tyre manufactures. The Mission E I have do it - the 20” Turbo wheels don’t. I’ve been told that the Pirellis are especially prone to this. So the sounds you mention should not be a problem.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
The knocking sound at full / wide turn is normal and mentioned in the manual. Some cars do it with specific tyre sizes and tyre manufactures. The Mission E I have do it - the 20” Turbo wheels don’t. I’ve been told that the Pirellis are especially prone to this. So the sounds you mention should not be a problem.
Porsche calls it tire scrub. Caused by steering geometry optimized for performance, not slow-speed turns (especially on slippery or sandy surfaces).

DarthRaider81

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4S, '18 Macan GTS, '18 RS5, '10 FX35S
Country flag
Thank you so much for your reply. I was really worried about this because I thought it might be a fit or spacing issue and was causing damage. This makes me feel much better.

Porsche Taycan Mission-E wheels fit Taycan 4S with the standard brakes? 2141CDA5-3B47-4265-8BE1-D85CD223FBD0

Axdenied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
For all those having Mission E rims on standard brakes, have you heard about it voiding your warranty on Brakes and suspension?
My dealer is telling me this will void it and honestly not sure if I should believe it as could not point me to where in the warranty this is mentioned.

They look so nice on the car.... but now worried I should remove them to avoid any issues in case of accident.
Porsche Taycan Mission-E wheels fit Taycan 4S with the standard brakes? IMG_3583
Sponsored