Mission-E wheels fit Taycan 4S with the standard brakes?

Toodal00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD, 21 Tesla MY, Mercedes E350, GLC 300
Country flag
Do the mission E's come in 20"? Where is everyone getting theirs from?
Sponsored

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
I think it has to do with brake dust. The upgraded brakes produce little brake dust. The standard brakes will at the very least dirty the silver drum on the mission E wheels, maybe even permanently stain the paint. Porsche is mandating the upgraded brakes to avoid warranty claims with the paint stain/flaking on the wheels. Expect a warranty claim rejection if you show up with non compliant brakes

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I think there's an offset difference...
I think the offset will be the same for all Taycans what may well be different is caliper clearance for the spokes of the Mission E wheels. The 4s caliper location is much nearer the hub so the spokes may clash with the caliper.
I write this as somebody who has designed a lot of running gear for racing cars where we try to get things tight and caliper/spoke clash is often a potential problem.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To be honest, I've already purchased the rims without having the car yet ;) In my config the car will be already on 21" wheels, but not the misssion-e ones. I plan to have the mission-e ones for the summer tires and the other for the winter.

I've already found an answer to my question:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/21-inch-wheels-on-4s.1136/#post-15803

I think that Porsche didn't want to let putting mission-e wheels on standard brakes as they indeed look a bit worse as they are smaller and that's the only difference.

The other thing to consider here is that Porsche will not let the car have the warranty extended if it has mission-e wheels on standard brakes.
The configurator happily allowed 21" wheels on standard CT 4S so I am sure it isn't the look (though the 4S discs do look tiny in 21" wheels) I am still pretty sure based on my experience it is a clearance problem and the mission E wheel spokes will hit standard 4S calipers.

Axdenied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The configurator happily allowed 21" wheels on standard CT 4S so I am sure it isn't the look (though the 4S discs do look tiny in 21" wheels) I am still pretty sure based on my experience it is a clearance problem and the mission E wheel spokes will hit standard 4S calipers.
@f1eng I have the Mission E on Standard break on a Taycan 4S and enough clearance between Calipers and Spokes. However I do have an annoying breaking squeal that I still can’t diagnose if due to Mission E vibration or simple rust on rotors….
Porsche Taycan Mission-E wheels fit Taycan 4S with the standard brakes? A6A913E3-B21B-4338-947D-E707C52AD1F3

Hessam001

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
What tires do you guys recommend for 22” wheels on a Taycan 4s
Front wheel 22 x 9
Rear wheel 22 x 10.5
I was thinking about going 35 series for the front because I want some extra tire for the pot holes
What do you think of these tires below, do you think it will rub?
Front: 275/35R22
Rear: 305/30R22

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S PBP
Country flag
No clearance problem. I’ve even seen Porsche driving with mission E on track with standard brakes.

I have Mission E on my 4S standard brakes, and after 10.000km there’s no issues with brakes or caliper clearance.

Porsche Taycan Mission-E wheels fit Taycan 4S with the standard brakes? IMG_2306.JPG

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No clearance problem. I’ve even seen Porsche driving with mission E on track with standard brakes.

I have Mission E on my 4S standard brakes, and after 10.000km there’s no issues with brakes or caliper clearance.

IMG_2306.JPG
In that case I can't see any technical reason to not allow mission E wheels on the configurator without additionally specifying more expensive brakes.
It is either styling or profiteering then.

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
In that case I can't see any technical reason to not allow mission E wheels on the configurator without additionally specifying more expensive brakes.
It is either styling or profiteering then.
Of course it’s profiteering, but I think the “logic” is because their color painted (or silver) wheels they don’t want them out there full of brake dust. I don’t think they trust us to wipe our wheels everyday….. but yes, profiteering

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S PBP
Country flag
Of course it’s profiteering, but I think the “logic” is because their color painted (or silver) wheels they don’t want them out there full of brake dust. I don’t think they trust us to wipe our wheels everyday….. but yes, profiteering
No visible brake dust. Car brakes up to 3G on the motors. I’ve had zero problems with visible brake dust, only issue is dust and dirt from road or other cars :p

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
No visible brake dust. Car brakes up to 3G on the motors. I’ve had zero problems with visible brake dust, only issue is dust and dirt from road or other cars :p
Question regarding that. My 2013 Model S still generates some brake dust due to the having to actually clamp pads below about 6-7mph. Can the Taycan stop with out using the pads? I think the new Teslas do…

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S PBP
Country flag
Question regarding that. My 2013 Model S still generates some brake dust due to the having to actually clamp pads below about 6-7mph. Can the Taycan stop with out using the pads? I think the new Teslas do…
Not much brake dust at all. Surprisingly brake pads and disc almost doesn’t show signs of wear at all.

I believe when you do a full stop it’s on the brakes (hold). Like waiting for green light or intersection. But when driving and you push the brake pedal it brakes with the motors.

Porsche have chosen “coasting”. So the car is rolling when you take your foot of the gas. But they’ve chosen to implement motor braking when using the brake pedal.

Deleted member 6348

This is all about the brake dust and appearance of the wheels. The PSCBs and PCCBs generate practically no brake dust leaving those Mission E wheels looking sharp and clean.

There is zero issue with brake dust and paint. There’s no interaction. All Porsche wheels are painted. The paint isn’t going to “fail” getting dirty. You can get cars incredibly dirty and do zero damage to the paint — the trick is cleaning it properly. You don’t damage paint by getting it dirty. Paint is damaged by improper cleaning.

As for replacement costs, whatever brakes you choose are going to last a long time on an EV. Those PSCBs look sharp as they get broken in and develop a mirror like finish with use.
Sponsored