Mission-E wheels fit Taycan 4S with the standard brakes?

OP
OP
rstr

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
If you look on the configuration tool under the sports design side skirts.. it shows the following...

1594228393952.png
Using the occasion - does anyone know or has on his / her car such black&silver caps on his / her mission-e wheels? I still neet to purchase them and it'd much easier to have the part number or at least some VIN number of a particular Taycan that does have such caps.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Using the occasion - does anyone know or has on his / her car such black&silver caps on his / her mission-e wheels? I still neet to purchase them and it'd much easier to have the part number or at least some VIN number of a particular Taycan that does have such caps.
Are they not the standard ones? The coloured ones are optional I think?

OP
OP
rstr

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Are they not the standard ones? The coloured ones are optional I think?
Possible. I ordered them as a second set of wheels and they come without caps... I need the part number or a VIN of a car that has them to order them.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I am in Minnesota and plan to use the Taycan as an all year car. Does anyone have an opinion on weather the 21" wheels would be worse for winter driving in the snow? I can't think of a reason it would perform worse but I thought I would ask.
I would be happy with 20" rims but honestly none of the other rims thrill me very much. The other option would be to get two sets of wheels and swap them.
Hello fellow Minnesotan - here are my $0.02.
I have used dedicated winter tire and wheels for the last 15 years - amazing how much better is the grip in winter (compared to all-seasons). Each time I asked, I was told to get a smaller wheel (say go from 21 to 20 or from 20 to 19) because of better grip in winter. I did that for 6-7 cars, then I could not find the correct package online so for the Merc Coupe I purchased OEM wider staggered wheels - it was by far the best winter experience. It may have been that the performance Michelin Pilot Alpin were better than the Blizzak, Pirreli Sottozero, Michelin Ice I had on previous cars - but certainly the wider wheel did not seem to make any difference.

After this N=1 experience I decided to opt for better tires rather than for the usually recommended donwsizing -1 for winter. Nokian makes the Happakellita R3 in the size that fits the 20" Taycan, so that is what I am planning to do. I am looking for 20" OEM or non-OEM in the less than breaking-the-bank-wheel category to make the combo.

Drew Webb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 GT2, Tesla Model X, Maserati Quattroporte
Country flag
Has anyone found a good source of Non OEM 19” wheels for 4S with steel brake rotors. I have turbine style 19” winter wheels for my Tesla MX and would like to find something similar for the Taycan

JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
Damn, this has put a spanner in my works. I LOVE those wheels, but am reluctant to pay the £5,100 difference for the wheels and mandatory brakes as seen on the configurator.
Will email my dealer now to see if it's possible and feedback here

JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
I have no problem at all, no noise or other issues!

0D573C98-3ACB-42BE-B425-4387200E3AB8.jpeg

ABDA588D-DFC7-4D86-A6FC-728E7BFE2ED1.jpeg

42387292-F1AA-46BE-AD62-A03B5375DC30.jpeg
How much was the wheels on their own, if you don't mind me asking?
And did you get them directly from Porsche?
Would like them to fit them upon collection really.

JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
Damn, this has put a spanner in my works. I LOVE those wheels, but am reluctant to pay the £5,100 difference for the wheels and mandatory brakes as seen on the configurator.
Will email my dealer now to see if it's possible and feedback here
Porsche Taycan Mission-E wheels fit Taycan 4S with the standard brakes? f0e3bca1c3e6d16f2ca49d442a2e7e14

His response. Seems like the wheels alone are more expensive than the brakes and the wheels from the config?!
Sponsored