Mission E Wheels or Taycan Exclusive Wheels for 4S buyers?

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
On a carmine red I'd definitely go with the Taycan exclusive wheels and black calipers. Very clean look, and the exclusive wheels are phenomenal looking. Second choice would be mission E wheels painted to match car color and black calipers.

PITTSBURGHTAYCAN

First Name
CH-PGH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Palisade, Previous A4, Cayenne, 2018 M5
Country flag
Close up of the wheel - I covered all of the black areas on the face of the wheel because the glossy black vinyl was a little off from the painted face of the wheel. More than 10 feet away, it’s hard to see the alteration unless your looking for it, unless there is direct sunlight on the wheel. Many Porsche owners have already asked me how they can order that style for their cars.

Porsche Taycan Mission E Wheels or Taycan Exclusive Wheels for 4S buyers? 04787FA4-2B47-40B5-B74B-C8ADE77FC26B

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
I was thinking of wrapping my standard Taycan wheels in either a black vinyl or carbon fibre vinyl wrap.
Is vinyl tough enough or will it peel easily?

Porsche Taycan Mission E Wheels or Taycan Exclusive Wheels for 4S buyers? Original
Porsche Taycan Mission E Wheels or Taycan Exclusive Wheels for 4S buyers? Black
Porsche Taycan Mission E Wheels or Taycan Exclusive Wheels for 4S buyers? Carbon Fibre

Swede-ish

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Land Rover Defender 110, BMW 530e
Country flag
Mission E wheels was an absolute must for me. When I ordered my 4s, that was one of the first things I had to have. Then this Turbo showed up before my 4s and that was it! :angel: Yes, and the silver looks great, btw.

papa1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4s taycan
Country flag
Mission E wheels and I left the silver on a white body. I have the white brakes and since that is what I ordered it is what I suggest. I have had my 4s for 3days and I am happy so far.

vhdeanda

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Country flag
I think they made the brakes smaller for 2021 btw. You have a 2020 I assume?
Yes that is the problem I am having on my config. Want the Mission E in Satin Platinum but the MY2021 are only 6 piston instead of the 10 piston, and only come in black and white. So have to pay $10,000 extra for the wheel + PSCB brake setup and can't even get a pop of color in the calipers. Would have to go up to the Mission E + Ceramics for $15,000 USD

Porsche Taycan Mission E Wheels or Taycan Exclusive Wheels for 4S buyers? iris

vhdeanda

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Country flag
your houghts on the 21" Vossen EVO2 in matte gunmetal for a chalk Taycan?

Porsche Taycan Mission E Wheels or Taycan Exclusive Wheels for 4S buyers? taycan evo2

Porsche Taycan Mission E Wheels or Taycan Exclusive Wheels for 4S buyers? Taycan Evo

Last edited:

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes that is the problem I am having on my config. Want the Mission E in Satin Platinum but the MY2021 are only 6 piston instead of the 10 piston, and only come in black and white. So have to pay $10,000 extra for the wheel + PSCB brake setup and can't even get a pop of color in the calipers. Would have to go up to the Mission E + Ceramics for $15,000 USD

iris.jpeg
Sounds about right - I wound up going with the stock wheel because of that and plan to powder coat it (or get a different one). Best-case I think it was +$7-8k (wheel upgrade, paint wheel, paint caliper), or +$15k if you get the Ceramics.

I made a little cheat sheet for myself for the wheel choices, but didn't love any of them honestly:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JeM_yxGK4dHHSXLh-ABFSEq-FN-aX_XOklkV7QrQa2g/edit

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Close up of the wheel - I covered all of the black areas on the face of the wheel because the glossy black vinyl was a little off from the painted face of the wheel. More than 10 feet away, it’s hard to see the alteration unless your looking for it, unless there is direct sunlight on the wheel. Many Porsche owners have already asked me how they can order that style for their cars.

04787FA4-2B47-40B5-B74B-C8ADE77FC26B.png
I'm thinking of doing something similar but powder coating the entire thing black (except the rim). I can't tell how that would look given the black vinyl there though - what do you think? You applied the black vinyl yourself or you had a shop do it?

PITTSBURGHTAYCAN

First Name
CH-PGH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Palisade, Previous A4, Cayenne, 2018 M5
Country flag
I'm thinking of doing something similar but powder coating the entire thing black (except the rim). I can't tell how that would look given the black vinyl there though - what do you think? You applied the black vinyl yourself or you had a shop do it?
I had a shop do it for me, it’s was $250 USD. - The challenge was the ridges of the spoke as you can see the coverage up close. I would have preferred to make them flush/smooth so you wouldn’t see the ridges, but there was no easy way to build that up AND be able to strip easily upon my lease turn in. I’m definitely glad that I did it and I like the unique look.

Just know the surface/face paint on the wheel is difficult to match, so we needed to cover everything on the front of the wheel with black vinyl to get a consistent black look. The black in the interior of the wheel doesn’t matter as you can’t see it and essentially no light reflects the color.

best of luck on your project.