Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Today I crossed the nearby French border and took some pictures during afternoon sun.

000_DSC_2838_scaled.JPG

010_DSC_2845_scaled.JPG

020_DSC_2860_final2_scaled.jpg

040_DSC_2858_final1_scaled.jpg

Fun fact: The water on the pictures is from the river Rhein. 20km above is the largest German hydropower plant run by this river. My local power supplier receives all renewable energy from this hydropower plant - and I use for home and office only contracts, which ensure renewable energy. So all water you see in the background is liter by liter literally powering the battery of this 100% electric Taycan 4S ;)
Stunning shots and car! Reminds so much of the Mission E!

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
Man that’s a great looking car. I just do not understand why they are only releasing the classroof version in the US. The sold roof is the only way to go! My order is with class and I’m thinking of requesting a change and just waiting a few extra months....

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Man that’s a great looking car. I just do not understand why they are only releasing the classroof version in the US. The sold roof is the only way to go! My order is with class and I’m thinking of requesting a change and just waiting a few extra months....
I do agree that the car looks great with the metal roof and it's a bit lighter too. In my test drives I can't say the glass roof did anything for front seat passengers; however, I have heard and my son also said (as he was in the back with salesperson in front passenger seat) that the panoramic roof is very very nice for folks back there. It's supposed to ease car sickness as well. Not sure if you plan to have more than two folks in the car, but if you do I would consider the panoramic roof.

OP
OP
Mission4S

Mission4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi M4S ! Congrats with the new Porsche - May I ask when you ordered the 4S ?
I was first at my local Porsche dealer to take part of the Taycan deposit program in Germany (I don't remember the exact date when the deposit program started in Germany - in different countries it started at different dates). Before the deposit program I was already on a non-formal list at my local dealer of persons interested in the Mission e (back at that time the name Taycan was not born). The first day you could convert a deposit to a locked down formal order of a Taycan 4S on 14 Oct 2019 I ordered ... because I know how fast all Porsche drivers are, I placed my order on that day very early in the morning ;)

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Stunning shots and car! Reminds so much of the Mission E!
It really does, if it had the concept wheels. That would be it, if you take anymore pics, would love to see the parking lights, also can you drive with just the parking lights on?

MetallicBlue

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audii Q7
Country flag
Wonderful car - congratulations! Share as much as you can - after obviously enjoying the ride. I think you are the first member of the forum to own a 4S
Congrats - What a way to get a Taycan, right from the factory!

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Welcome aboard. Go have (more) fun!

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It really does, if it had the concept wheels. That would be it, if you take anymore pics, would love to see the parking lights, also can you drive with just the parking lights on?
Those are the concept wheels. At least as close to the concept wheels as the Taycan is to the Mission E.

OP
OP
Mission4S

Mission4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Welcome aboard. Go have (more) fun!
Don - thanks for your epic lap and everything you share with us during your adventure!

... in case you plan to go for a small extra lap (e.g. full Europe) I hope you will stop here in the southwest of Germany (I am sure you would because the Porsche headquarter is around).
You could "slow down" a little bit compared to your Taycan Turbo and have some Launch Controls together with me in my Taycan 4S ;)
We could find out on the German "Autobahn" in my area, which have no speed limit at all, if my maximum speed is really limited to 250km/h (155 mph) - as usually the given numbers from Porsche are less compared to the experience in reality!

I would like to invite you for dinner! Just in case German sportcars are on your bucket list, but German food is not, we could cross the nearby border and have some excellent food and a bottle of Bordeaux from our French neighbors.
... I promis you will get the full bottle of red wine, because I will go for sparkling water to ensure I'm the one of us driving home - maybe you should expect that we have to skip the "mousse au chocolat" and "creme brulee" to get earlier back into the Taycan ;)

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Don - thanks for your epic lap and everything you share with us during your adventure!

... in case you plan to go for a small extra lap (e.g. full Europe) I hope you will stop here in the southwest of Germany (I am sure you would because the Porsche headquarter is around).
You could "slow down" a little bit compared to your Taycan Turbo and have some Launch Controls together with me in my Taycan 4S ;)
We could find out on the German "Autobahn" in my area, which have no speed limit at all, if my maximum speed is really limited to 250km/h (155 mph) - as usually the given numbers from Porsche are less compared to the experience in reality!

I would like to invite you for dinner! Just in case German sportcars are on your bucket list, but German food is not, we could cross the nearby border and have some excellent food and a bottle of Bordeaux from our French neighbors.
... I promis you will get the full bottle of red wine, because I will go for sparkling water to ensure I'm the one of us driving home - maybe you should expect that we have to skip the "mousse au chocolat" and "creme brulee" to get earlier back into the Taycan ;)
I do like German food (being of German heritage) but also love French food and wine.

I don’t have any current plans to visit Europe, but if Porsche invited me, I certainly wouldn’t turn it down!

My last experience on the Autobahn was in a rented BMW 118d. Good car, but not very quick. A perfect learning tool for the ‘Ring.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Hi Mission4S, in case you are looking for an excellent excuse to drive your beauti to Munich Sat 29th, message me, please...

OP
OP
Mission4S

Mission4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did the full “Starwars package” include the car being delivered by Stormtroopers?

1581972620266.jpeg
Yes! After the delivery by Stormtroopers Porsche skipped the original idea of sending me to the Porsche Experience Center Hockenheimring - instead they arranged a race with my new Taycan against a Star Wars space ship ...

OP
OP
Mission4S

Mission4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
3 Launch Controls with 3 friends in my Taycan and trying to count down from 3 ... but never could wait until zero ;)

Last edited: