Mobile Charger Connect - what's in the bag?

mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm taking delivery of my new Taycan 4S in a few days, and my dealership was kind enough to provide me my mobile charger connect in advance so I can install it and have it ready. When I opened the bag, I discovered it was missing the 120V cable (to connect to a basic wall outlet) and a 6-30 connector instead of the NEMA 14-50 I had specified.

My salesperson told me a story about how it is illegal in Canada to supply a 120V cable, to which I asked "how are people who haven't installed level 2 charging supposed to charge?"

It was my understanding that according to the Porsche Canada website cables are provided to connect to both residential (120V) and commercial (240V) outlets. Am I correct in this supposition?

Out of curiosity, what was in your bag with your Mobile Charger Connect?
Sponsored

TT459S

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Targa 4, 2023 Macan S
Country flag
My 2020 4S came with a 120 and a 240 lead. The 120V lead gives me 0.8kW (~8A). Works fine, but takes a while.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
You need a proper supply connector to hook up to a dedicated 32 /40A (whatever is appropriate for your region) to get up to 9.6kW. This ought to have been optioned when the car was ordered. Engage an Electrician to set this up for you.

The supply connectors you have are for use when on the road as a belt and braces solution and not intended for regular home charging. The manual will explain what you need.
Sponsored