Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
Hi,
Looking for some advice...
Got a 20 amp fuse and my Home Charger seems to limit itself to 10 amp.
Found this in the online manual:

Charging Current Limiting
The control unit detects the voltage and the available current automatically.
The power to be used for charging can be set using charging current limiting. The last charging current set is saved.
On delivery, the charging current is automatically limited to 50 % to prevent overheating of the electrical installation.

If the charger is connected to an energy manager, the energy manager limits the charging current in accordance with the values set in the energy manager.
The maximum available charging current can also be reduced by other consumers in the home network, e.g. by an electric heater or water heater.
The charging power must never be set higher than the maximum available power of the electrical circuit used. If you are unsure about this, contact a qualified electrician.
Does someone know how to change the 50% safety mode?

thx in advance,

Tom
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Hi,
Looking for some advice...
Got a 20 amp fuse and my Home Charger seems to limit itself to 10 amp.
Found this in the online manual:

Charging Current Limiting
The control unit detects the voltage and the available current automatically.
The power to be used for charging can be set using charging current limiting. The last charging current set is saved.
On delivery, the charging current is automatically limited to 50 % to prevent overheating of the electrical installation.

If the charger is connected to an energy manager, the energy manager limits the charging current in accordance with the values set in the energy manager.
The maximum available charging current can also be reduced by other consumers in the home network, e.g. by an electric heater or water heater.
The charging power must never be set higher than the maximum available power of the electrical circuit used. If you are unsure about this, contact a qualified electrician.
Does someone know how to change the 50% safety mode?

thx in advance,

Tom
What plug and lead did you use to connect the charger to the power source? And are you talking about one phase or three phase supply?

OP
OP
TVL

TVL

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
What plug and lead did you use to connect the charger to the power source? And are you talking about one phase or three phase supply?
I’m on a single phase, need to check the lead

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I’m on a single phase, need to check the lead
I have a one phase socket that I used before I installed my three phase socket. That was fused with 16 amps , but the Porsche lead with a Shuko plug limited the amps to 10 amps. I believe this is done by the lead connector on the PMCC. Once I installed the 3 phase 32 amp socket it all changed. Now the charger happily charges other vehicles at 22 kW, like the Zoe.
Sponsored