Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Has anyone fitted the charger to 3 phase? I’ve took a picture of the industrial socket in the demo last weekend and just noticed it is not 3 phase? Any ideas? I want to charge at 11KW at the office.
Sponsored

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Has anyone fitted the charger to 3 phase? I’ve took a picture of the industrial socket in the demo last weekend and just noticed it is not 3 phase? Any ideas? I want to charge at 11KW at the office.
I certainly have mine connected to three-phase, neutral and ground at 400V AC and the Porsche Charger Connect output is 22kw ! However, the Taycan only takes 11kw (hopefully at some point a retrofit for 22Kw will be available).

OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I certainly have mine connected to three-phase, neutral and ground at 400V AC and the Porsche Charger Connect output is 22kw ! However, the Taycan only takes 11kw (hopefully at some point a retrofit for 22Kw will be available).
Thanks, do you need to order a three phase plug? The blue one that comes with car is only three pin single phase 32 Amp.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks, do you need to order a three phase plug? The blue one that comes with car is only three pin single phase 32 Amp.
You must order the cable in 5 pin 32Amp (22kw) industrial connector (red) configuration when configuring the car. In Spain it is a no-charge option, as is the 7,5 meter long cable, which I ordered. I had to install a very heavy gauge 125 meters-long cable to withstand the current draw with no heat or significant power loss from the electrical mains to my garage. I also ordered the Porsche Home Energy Manager, which we shall install in a couple of weeks after receiving the extra probes needed for three phase and solar three-phase inverter installation.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You must order the cable in 5 pin 32Amp (22kw) industrial connector (red) configuration when configuring the car. In Spain it is a no-charge option, as is the 7,5 meter long cable, which I ordered. I had to install a very heavy gauge 125 meter cable to withstand the current draw with no heat or significant power loss from the electrical mains to my garage. I also ordered the Porsche Electrical Home Manager, which we shall install in a couple of weeks after receiving the extra probes needed for three phase and solar three-phase inverter installation.
Thank you. That’s what I thought with the red connector. I do not believe that was a option when I ordered so there will need to be a chat on collection to get this sorted.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
DO you guys not have a charger installed at home? I'm confused as to the use of this mobile charger connect if I have a charger installed at home?

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
DO you guys not have a charger installed at home? I'm confused as to the use of this mobile charger connect if I have a charger installed at home?
My Mobile Charge Connect is at home and I left it there when I went on my first road trip. Only travelled with my type 2 charging cable and used a Porsche Destination charger at my hotel and the rest of public chargers, at least in Spain, have cables with CCS. So I am travelling naked compared to road warriors ! Probably 10-15 kg. of dead weight less and some valuable boot/frunk space available.

OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a home charger that is installed with a tethered cable to the Taycan (when it arrives). But I've bought an enclosure for the porsche charger and will fit that at my office with 3 phase supply, meaning 11KW charging.

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
it’s a bit of a con, the charge is really a charger for use at home mounted either in or out of the optional case.

it’s way too bulky for mobile use but as I’m getting a Zappi installed next week (so I can charge from solar) then I’ll just keep the Porsche one as a backup via the 5 pin 32 amp socket as it will allow 11kw charging.

OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Brilliant. Thank you. I’ll send the pics to my parts guy as he was quite confused. But he did say he liked a challenge. Which to be honest, I find it amazing that these guys dint have this kind of stuff in stock for Porsche.
Sponsored