Mobile Connect Charger Web Access Password

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I noticed in the documentation that its possible to access your mobile connect charger using a web browser. Doing this, you get access to a lot of detailed information about your previous charges.

Trying to access this you end up on a page that asks for a password. There is no username field, only a password and a drop down that lets you pick “Customer Service” or “Home User”. I did read that the password is included with a letter that you get when you buy the car, which I never received or cannot find anywhere.

I called Porsche Connect customer care and waited for 45 minutes for someone to answer the phone before eventually hanging up.

I called my dealer’s service department and they were not sure what I was talking about but promised to look into it.

I will try the Porsche Connect customer care line again tomorrow.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the password for the charger?
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I noticed in the documentation that its possible to access your mobile connect charger using a web browser. Doing this, you get access to a lot of detailed information about your previous charges.

Trying to access this you end up on a page that asks for a password. There is no username field, only a password and a drop down that lets you pick “Customer Service” or “Home User”. I did read that the password is included with a letter that you get when you buy the car, which I never received or cannot find anywhere.

I called Porsche Connect customer care and waited for 45 minutes for someone to answer the phone before eventually hanging up.

I called my dealer’s service department and they were not sure what I was talking about but promised to look into it.

I will try the Porsche Connect customer care line again tomorrow.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the password for the charger?
When I got my car and charger, there was a small envelop stuck to the inside of one of the user manuals. And in that envelop the paper showed both of these passwords. I can not remember if there really was anything important that I could use.
It looks something like this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mwa3aan

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the quick response. I looked everywhere and definitely didn't have that in any of the manuals. It's exactly what I am looking for. I will try to get hold of the Porsche Connect people.

OP
OP
Mwa3aan

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I couldn’t track down Porsche Connect over a 2 week period regardless of what I tried. They don’t reply to emails, don’t answer their phones and even though they have a callback request feature they never call back. Day in and day out. Nothing. When I asked the dealers they laughed and said “yep, those guys almost never answer their phone”

It is incredibly frustrating.

Eventually the dealer tracked down the information for me after working their network for 2 days.

The reality is Porsche, in the USA at least, is grossly under equipped To launch a true competitive offering to Tesla.

I say offering not car on purpose. The offering is the car, reliable charging network, technology and services that goes with it.

Sure, they built a great car but just about everything else (software, Porsche connect, charger network, communication and being informed) is lacking embarrassingly.

They won’t succeed at scale if this is how they are planning on competing. Try and launch a mass production car like the smaller electric SUV they have planned with this terrible experience and service.
Sponsored