submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Cool that they were able to mod it, though personally, as someone who actually enjoys the Electric Sport Sound, I feel this is trying too much to be a V6. It would sort of be like adding a fake exhaust to the back of the Taycan just for looks.

jonbek

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I just dont get it, let gas go, let the sound go. I was hoping this was going to be some sort of new electric sport sound.

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Ick. Sounds like a V8, which I have always disliked. For sure, that's the last thing I would want my Taycan to sound like.

If they really want to sell something, come up with a mod for the stupid trunk sound. It blows my mind to read about the extensive effort Porsche made to come up with sounds for the car. Yet, choose the sound of a UPS truck backing up for the trunk opening sound. Not to disparage the UPS truck. It works on their trucks, an cement trucks.

OP
OP
DCYL725

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Ick. Sounds like a V8, which I have always disliked. For sure, that's the last thing I would want my Taycan to sound like.

If they really want to sell something, come up with a mod for the stupid trunk sound. It blows my mind to read about the extensive effort Porsche made to come up with sounds for the car. Yet, choose the sound of a UPS truck backing up for the trunk opening sound. Not to disparage the UPS truck. It works on their trucks, an cement trucks.
I don't agree w/ the v8 as well. That can be easily changed though.

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I use the sport sound daily when in a parking lot, after a bunch of pedestrians crossed in front of my silent Roller Coaster

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If the Acoustic Warning sound isn't playing, you can't turn off the acoustic warning sound, you should have your dealer take a look.
I'm sorry, I don't understand. I am saying that my only use for the Porsche Electric Sport sound is in a parking lot to try not to runover people that don't hear me coming

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I'm sorry, I don't understand. I am saying that my only use for the Porsche Electric Sport sound is in a parking lot to try not to runover people that don't hear me coming
Your car should be making sounds, a pedestrian warning, even when stationary, and moving at slow speeds like in a parking lot. Every Taycan has this feature since it is required by law, even Taycans without the Electric Sport Sound. You can't turn this feature off. If your car isn't making this pedestrian warning sound then you should have your dealer take a look.

Acoustic warning required by the legislator
In contrast, the Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System (AVAS) at low speeds cannot be switched off. The installation of such a generator for warning noises in electric cars has been mandatory in the European Union (EU) since 1 July 2019. The EU regulation prescribes an Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System (AVAS) for the protection of other road users up to a speed of 20 km/h. A similar situation applies in China and Japan. The regulation defines highly detailed framework conditions on how an AVAS noise may and may not sound. This applies, for example, to the minimum and maximum volume as well as to certain noise components. The equivalent regulation in the USA even requires a warning sound when the vehicle is stationary and requires an increase in the noise level until 32 km/h is reached.

The Porsche engineers also adapted this sound so that it is as emotive, sporty and powerful as possible within the framework of the legal regulations. The AVAS is faded out above the legally required speed ranges up to about 50 km/h. When Electric Sport Sound is switched on, the AVAS sound and the emotive sports sound blend harmoniously with each other.

Note: Even with the warning sound, oblivious pedestrians may well still walk in front of your vehicle. I've had them do this to my ICE cars. Sometimes they just don't care and figure at slow speeds you have time to stop so just walk in front of cars.

Last edited: