Model year 2020 wireless carplay

rma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cayenne e hybrid, urus, huracan evo
Country flag
Hi guys so as we all know the MY20 doesn’t have wireless CarPlay yet, I’ve been using this adaptor called carlinkit 2.0 in my urus to get the wireless CarPlay working. Just tried it in the taycan turbo and it’s worked flawlessly!
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
So these definitely work? I’m in the uk, any UK users of this yet?

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag

OP
OP

rma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How did you update the firmware when you can't get it to work with the car?
download the latest version of the firmware on a computer, transfer to usb stick, stick the usb into the full size USB port on the carinkit, plug the carinkit into a powered socket and it will update itself.
Re firmware there is a thread on macrumors which had links to the latest firmware

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
Reactions: rma

BlueHorizon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Purchased one of these this week and unfortunately it appears defective (the green light won’t light up). Returned it and debating whether I try again..

OP
OP

rma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Purchased one of these this week and unfortunately it appears defective (the green light won’t light up). Returned it and debating whether I try again..
I wasnt able to get anything lighting up initially when doing the firmware update, restarted the process and managed to get it working. Follow instructions on the link posted by dnanian above yours.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I did the OTA update. I couldn’t get the USB update to work.

redrocket

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Panamera 4S, Bimmer X3
Country flag
I followed the instructions in this thread. Downloaded the s/w (2020.11.10.2137) to a usb stick which was properly formatted. Plugged the usb stick into the USB port on the box. Then plugged the usb c side into an iPad charger w/usb adapter. Nothing is working. No lights, no nothing. Any advice would be appreciated. I’m thinking I have a dead device and am about to try another one from Amazon. Thx

redrocket

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Panamera 4S, Bimmer X3
Country flag
Never mind, I got it working and even updated the sw through the web link. What I found is you MUST use a USB A to USB C cable, and a USB A to USB C adapter. Weird. C to C doesn’t work. That was mentioned in a thread on this forum but I thought to myself, ‘yeah, sure’. But it is correct. Won’t work at all with a C to C cable. Anyway, going to order a much shorter cable from Amazon.

***Edit...turns out I have a USB A to C adapter, so I used that with the supplied Carlinkit cable. So far it’s working great, but I need to get some mileage on the system before I say it’s a hit.

Speaking of mileage, this is the coolest car I have ever driven. Practical too. And not a day goes by when some stranger walks up to me and we end up in a 20-30 minute discussion on the car. Not to mention the multiple ‘thumbs ups’ I get daily. I’d buy another one in a heartbeat.
Sponsored

Last edited: