First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Hi guys & girls,
Updated the firmware today. All went well. Connected to car and worked first time. Drive a few trips snd everything seems fine, only once apple car play paused the track. But that has happened when cabled so probably a PCM bug.
Cool device as I’ve got a iPhone 12 max now and it’s a bit big to drop into the centre armrest etc.
Sponsored

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
@Gogs
Just received mine yesterday
Haven’t updated yet, probably will tomorrow
What method / steps did you choose to update the firmware?

Hi guys & girls,
Updated the firmware today. All went well. Connected to car and worked first time. Drive a few trips snd everything seems fine, only once apple car play paused the track. But that has happened when cabled so probably a PCM bug.
Cool device as I’ve got a iPhone 12 max now and it’s a bit big to drop into the centre armrest etc.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Hi guys & girls,
consider getting a MagSafe charger to plug into front console and will keep charging even as you accelerate!

moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My carlinkit CarPlay dongle stopped working in my Taycan a few weeks ago. Red light remains on the dongle and doesn't bring up the dongle user interface to link my phone. I took the dongle out and plugged it into my Audi Q5 and it works fine...

I did upgrade the firmware originally following the link that @dnanian posted earlier in this thread and all was working fine...

Does the dongle automatically install new firmware by itself that rendered it unusable in my Taycan?

Anyone else have their carlinkit device stop working recently?

OP
OP

rma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cayenne e hybrid, urus, huracan evo
Country flag
I’ve stopped using mine tbh I’ve got a Brodit mount and have that plugged into the CarPlay usb - I drop it in there every journey - much more reliable than carlinkit and just as easy considering the batt drain with carplay

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine is still working for what it’s worth, I’ll check for an update later and report.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
My CPLAY2air is working well. I did have a brief period where it did not work. What happened to me is that I inadvertently authorized my phone to connect to the Porsche bluetooth as well, which confused the CPLAY2air. I deleted my phone from the PCM bluetooth device list and everything started working again.

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
Does the dongle automatically install new firmware by itself that rendered it unusable in my Taycan?
It definitely doesn't automatically update the firmware. You may need to reconnect via BT first...or unplug and plug in the dongle again.

Note, too, that sometimes (if you've used a different phone, as @KensingtonPark indicated) you have to reselect the device in Device Manager.

mike-taycan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I used the cplay2air in my Cayenne and it worked flawlessly. I bought a new one and am using it in my Taycan. Not having as much success. A lot of times when I get in after the car has sat for a while, I get the connection screen but only shows . . . instead of the car's name. I have to unplug, re plugin, turn off my iPhone radios and then back on to get it to work. And it doesn't work 100% of the time. I made sure my phone was not connecting via Bluetooth. I am also up to date on the device's firmware.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I used the cplay2air in my Cayenne and it worked flawlessly. I bought a new one and am using it in my Taycan. Not having as much success. A lot of times when I get in after the car has sat for a while, I get the connection screen but only shows . . . instead of the car's name. I have to unplug, re plugin, turn off my iPhone radios and then back on to get it to work. And it doesn't work 100% of the time. I made sure my phone was not connecting via Bluetooth. I am also up to date on the device's firmware.
I wonder if there are variations in the units based on when they were made and/or there have been firmware updates in the Taycan. I know mine was updated to the “latest” around 3 weeks ago and the adapter has been working flawlessly since the initial firmware update that supported the Taycan.

How can I check/force a firmware update the the Car2Play unit?

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@KensingtonPark
Are there any downsides of deleting phone from bluetooth

What happened to me is that I inadvertently authorized my phone to connect to the Porsche bluetooth as well, which confused the CPLAY2air. I deleted my phone from the PCM bluetooth device list and everything started working again.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
@KensingtonPark
Are there any downsides of deleting phone from bluetooth
I have not noticed any. Everything is working great so far!

I will note that I never connected my phone via Bluetooth even before CPLAY2air. I used a cable to plug my phone in or just went without a phone.

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's what I was thinking too, can't imagine anything other than phone, contacts, calendar, etc use which is replaced with CarPlay anyway

I have not noticed any. Everything is working great so far!
Sponsored