Modesta Nano-Titanium or CQuartz Finest

IcanTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, BMW 328xi
Country flag
Trying to decide which of these I should go with for my Cross Turismo. The quote for CQuartz Finest is quite a bit more that the one for Modesta, but I dont know if the quality and durability is also better.

Thanks
Sponsored

X-ray

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Tesla Model Y LR, Mercedes GLS580
Country flag
I would go with whom ever has the better reputation but…I myself wouldn‘t pay that much money for ceramic coating. PPF yes, it’s hard to do at home. Ceramic coating can easily be done at home for under $150 in product, applicators and towels. One thing that contributes to longevity is how you take care of the coating/paint.

X

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve used OptiCoat Pro Plus many times and love it. Decided to try CQuartz Finest once and thought it was a huge step down. And it was more expensive to boot. Would never use it again.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I would go with whom ever has the better reputation but…I myself wouldn‘t pay that much money for ceramic coating. PPF yes, it’s hard to do at home. Ceramic coating can easily be done at home for under $150 in product, applicators and towels.
Errrr, no. No, it can’t. The top end coating will cost you more than that, and doing prep and application properly will take hours. You can buy the low end temp coatings that last 1-2 years and slap it on, but it won’t compare to a properly applied multi stage permanent coating.

X-ray

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Errrr, no. No, it can’t. The top end coating will cost you more than that, and doing prep and application properly will take hours. You can buy the low end temp coatings that last 1-2 years and slap it on, but it won’t compare to a properly applied multi stage permanent coating.
True statement but $150 for 1-2 years of coating is a good value. $1500 or more for a coating to last 3-5 years is crazy. I did my own prep at home which is half of what you are paying for because it is time consuming and tedious. I would have to agre to disagree on your last sentense, depending on paint color and how you take care of your car it would be hard to tell the difference after 6 moths

I would rather spend $2k to get clear bra installed on the front of the car and save $$ on the coating rather than skip clear bra and assume the coating is going to offer any significant protection to the car. All a coating does (regardless of pro or consumer grade) is make the car much easier to keep clean and makes it easier to clean. It isn’t gointo to stop scrarches or chips.

The depth of shine/gloss between a pro and consumer coating is pretty small unless you have two cars right next to each other in the same color under good lighting conditions. My chalk paint looks pretty awesome despite me ”slapping it on” in my garage.

To each their own, but don’t over spend for a coating. Lots of marketing magic and only a little science.

X

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Honestly, my personal experience with consumer level coatings has been great. On my 6 year old X1, doing nothing but applying the base coating from the start and then using some of the ceramic infused drying aids, it lasted well throughout the vehicles lifetime. I really can't imagine paying 10x the price for a professionally applied coating.

X-ray

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Honestly, my personal experience with consumer level coatings has been great. On my 6 year old X1, doing nothing but applying the base coating from the start and then using some of the ceramic infused drying aids, it lasted well throughout the vehicles lifetime. I really can't imagine paying 10x the price for a professionally applied coating.
Porsche Taycan Modesta Nano-Titanium or CQuartz Finest 1657282902728

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
To add a tiny bit more here as well, there's also a huge difference in my mind between getting a brand new car coated and a used one. While even a brand new car will need some prep before applying, I expect most shops to charge a fairly standard rate that will cover a full paint correction that used cars will definitely need before applying, and that paint correction is the majority of the time spent (and cost) by the shop rather than actually applying the coating.

To me, paying a shop to do a full paint correction and coating on a brand new car is sort of like paying a contractor to rewire a brand new house when you really just want to replace the outlets.
Sponsored