ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I know there are many folks that have mixed feelings about Tim @SHMEE500 but he has a recent video that talks a fair amount on some Carbon Accents for his Taycan Turbo S by Zyrus, a Norwegian company. You can skip to 1:00 to get right into it.

More Carbon UPGRADES for My Porsche Taycan Turbo S! | SHMUSEUM VLOG 2
The Shmuseum
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
As an engineer I have been surprised carbon fibre has become popular for cosmetic parts on cars. A metal car with expensive composite trim parts is anomalous technically

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I know there are many folks that have mixed feelings about Tim @SHMEE500 but he has a recent video that talks a fair amount on some Carbon Accents for his Taycan Turbo S by Zyrus, a Norwegian company. You can skip to 1:00 to get right into it.

More Carbon UPGRADES for My Porsche Taycan Turbo S! | SHMUSEUM VLOG 2
The Shmuseum
I tried.
I can't.
Sorry. ??‍♂

Climax_F82

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 Taycan
Country flag
I have a couple zyrus spoilers left for sale if anyone is interested. They are really great quality.

Porsche Taycan More Carbon UPGRADES for My Porsche Taycan Turbo S! | SHMUSEUM VLOG 2 IMG_1611.JPG

Porsche Taycan More Carbon UPGRADES for My Porsche Taycan Turbo S! | SHMUSEUM VLOG 2 IMG_1613.JPG

Porsche Taycan More Carbon UPGRADES for My Porsche Taycan Turbo S! | SHMUSEUM VLOG 2 IMG_1620.JPG

Porsche Taycan More Carbon UPGRADES for My Porsche Taycan Turbo S! | SHMUSEUM VLOG 2 IMG_5488

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
The most annoying guy on YouTube. I can't.
Call me a Shm-hater if you will...but I just don't get it.
I know I am behind the times, despite being in the 30's, but I just can't support 'youtubers' and give another click to their pocketbooks (even though I did watch this, hahaha). Does this guy have an actual profession beyond youtubing that he generates income from and actually contributes to society with?

If this was sponsored by Zyrus or he was given a discount for the spot, good on 'ya for 'influencer marketing', however this has just turned me off from a purchase. I suppose they have to be someone that would influence you, in order for this to be effective?

As far as the Zyrus upgrades, very well done for what they are. I was about 98% of the way to purchase the rear spoiler and the front pieces, however in the video the blending of the side pieces of the rear spoiler (see at about 6:46 of the video), just doesn't seem to be tight/smooth at the front most leading edge. I would almost consider purchasing it for only the center section alone.

On the front pieces, I have been waiting for an aftermarket team to take the original pieces and basically, remake them in carbon fiber vs. an adhesive overlay. I was worried about the extra girth looking a little bit out of place and not fitting flush and tight. This was unfortunately confirmed (at about 10:01 of the video) where the inside/outside of the lights just don't fit flush and are sticking out from the body lines.

What is harder to engineer? taking the 3D model of the original pieces and making them in CF, or taking a 3D model and applying math to have it overlayed? Perhaps it is a matter of being able to be installed and removing the original plastic to be replaced with CF is just too complex/time consuming? I don't know, but personally would be more interested in REPLACING the plastic with CF vs. overlaying this on top.

Lastly, great engineering of the side-vent as that does not look easy, but the expense to even remove and replace the doors for something that you will only be able to see at a very small angle, I don't get? I also could not tell if this actually blocks the vent itself or not? I actually choose to not get the electric charging doors as I wanted to take advantage of the vent as it was designed.

Apologies to Zyrus if you feel this is purely negative, it is not meant to be and I know you are a sponsor of the website. Of all the aftermarket parts for the Taycan, you are #1 in my view. However, this still does not negate me drinking the Shm-atorade and/or from me voicing my preference to have 'aftermarket parts' actually be replacements to 'OEM parts' vs. an overlay. Please take that as constructive for the next generation, perhaps ... and I will be one of your first customers!
Sponsored