Most detailed Taycan spy pics yet, with first look at carbon ceramic brakes

Joe B

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne GTS, Volt
After seeing these pictures I am ripping up my reservation paperwork. This version does not come even close to the concept IMO. It’s a shorter version of the Panamera ( minus the power plant, of course). Looks average at best. I’d pay $125k all day for something close to the
Concept car! Very disappointed.
I'm glad it looks less like the concept. As the details become more obvious some important questions are being answered- like ---- Are we going to have some sort of autonomous functionality...when you look at the sensor array on the front there is definitely going to be something. The only thing I'm still missing personally is the obvious need for an active aerodynamic feature. I am very surprised the front grill slats don't indicate that in these images
Sponsored

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
thee is so much tape welds(especialy on the back and sides)on these photos,i think the final will have so many more curves.
Good point. Enlarge the photos, you can see blue paint or ? Orange paint under the entire side panels and doors. I think there is a lot more disguise than a little cladding fore and aft. In addition the headlights look like stick on photos. This leads me to believe we will be surprised by the final reveal in Frankfort IMO

Reactions: SHY

GratedWasabi

Banned
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan Turbo
Country flag
Every time I see the fake exhaust tips I get more and more concerned they aren't going to be removed
They're not going to run a mule on the streets without fake exhaust tips. Right now they can kind of trick cars behind them but remove exhaust tips and EVERYONE behind them would start snapping photos.

I think the mules have nice form, size and posture. It really wont take much in the form of additional curves to make the car pop. The BMW M2 someone mentioned is a perfect example.

Tweak the fascia, which is clearly a decoy, add a cut to the sides and flare the wheel wells and you're awfully close to the original concept. Specifically the early renders posted on here are looking spot on, and I think those renders look amazing.

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
thee is so much tape welds(especialy on the back and sides)on these photos,i think the final will have so many more curves.
Enlarge the pics. Some weird sights. On some of the mules the charging port cutout impinges on the vertical accent just aft of the cover. Yet in other shots the cover is several cm clear of the accent. You can clearly see blue or red painted panels under the black. I believe some of the countour of the production version will be very different. The whole thing is wrapped

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They're not going to run a mule on the streets without fake exhaust tips. Right now they can kind of trick cars behind them but remove exhaust tips and EVERYONE behind them would start snapping photos.

I think the mules have nice form, size and posture. It really wont take much in the form of additional curves to make the car pop. The BMW M2 someone mentioned is a perfect example.

Tweak the fascia, which is clearly a decoy, add a cut to the sides and flare the wheel wells and you're awfully close to the original concept. Specifically the early renders posted on here are looking spot on, and I think those renders look amazing.
Agree. That is black wrap. You can clearly see painted panels beneath everything

TAEKON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
550M R8 S4 300B
Country flag
After seeing these pictures I am ripping up my reservation paperwork. This version does not come even close to the concept IMO. It’s a shorter version of the Panamera ( minus the power plant, of course). Looks average at best. I’d pay $125k all day for something close to the
Concept car! Very disappointed.
In that case, please send me your res number immediately! Send it to TAEKON c/o Taycan Forum.....:D

Granola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant Quattro
Country flag
Awesome pictures. To me these images are the proof that under the camouflage there is a beautiful car, that looks much like Mission E concept, just without the suicide doors and clamshell hood.

GyAkUsOu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A1 GB
Country flag
I much prefered the smaller air intakes on the bumper of the Mission E. Not a fan of the visible sensors/cameras, too. Looks a bit unfinished.

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you look closely you’ll notice one of the mules is actually Miami or Voodoo Blue. The other looks like Lava Orange under the black wrap. Interesting choices. September in Frankfurt is going to be very cool.

hawc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf R
Country flag
This mule is not the Taycan. It's a body just for testing and probably the new Cayenne coupé
You're hilarious! This car pictured most definitely 100% is the Taycan body. Not a mule body. If you think otherwise you're crazy.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
You're hilarious! This car pictured most definitely 100% is the Taycan body. Not a mule body. If you think otherwise you're crazy.
Well substantiated.
If you don't have any facts you should show some manners at least.
Sponsored