Banned
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan Turbo
Country flag
If you look closely you’ll notice one of the mules is actually Miami or Voodoo Blue. The other looks like Lava Orange under the black wrap. Interesting choices. September in Frankfurt is going to be very cool.
This is exactly what I thought. Super happy to (hopefully) see them go with the more sports car color palette rather than the mostly generic Panamera colors.

Aventurine Green for my green car and I'll be a happy camper.

Series7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 BMW M550i
Country flag
Those calipers are bigger than my head! Curious though, why would you need such massive brakes in an EV since the regenerative braking does so much of the braking? For track use?

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
I've been following these mules since late 2016.
It's always the same body but with different "tail pipes", front and rear fenders.
Here's a pic from 2016, with the same areas covered at the rear windows and still the first style of mule tail lights.
Later mule versions have the more modern style Panamera tail lights.
porsche-pajun-spies-426_0.jpg
So, it's almost impossible to have a prototype of the Taycan ready for testing within a year after the announcement to put the Mission E into production.
That's why I think this is a mule with a Panamera body.
Also stated in this article from 2016:
https://insideevs.com/porsche-mission-e-out-testing-disguised-as-pajun-with-tailpipes/

So, hypothetically thinking, the same body is used on the other mule, the "Cayenne Coupé" but could be the Cross Turismo as they share the same electric platform...
Just look at it:
Porsche-Mission-E-mule-008.jpg
porsche-taycan-mule-c819830072018082243_5.jpg

Am I crazy or does it make sense?

These mules drive around for almost 3 years now so why are they so easy to see everywhere?
Porsche doesn't make any afford to hide these mules, that's wierd.
Putting a few pieces of carboard and tape on the car is just a way to make it look like a prototype but in fact it isn't.
At least, not the Taycan.
What do you think?
I agree. The mules are taking shape as the production models although they are still completely wrapped in black, obstensibly hiding some styling details. I think it will be very similar to the prototype when all is said and done.

T.G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan
Country flag
This is 100% the final body. They will show this car to the public in a few month. Not a chance that they put a totally different body on that, they have to test the final version.
I don't really get why some people here are outraged that it doesn't look like the Mission E. Sure it is not 100% the same car, because that is never the case, too much regulations which differ in every single country etc.
But it will be maybe 75% like the Mission E which is absolutely ok for me. When you take away the camouflage and the stickers which are there to make it look like a Panamera you pretty much have a more "realistic" version of the Mission E. The curves of the car will be toned down a little, that is a little bit sad but that was to be expected. The character of the front lights will be the same, the back will be the same, the side profile will be pretty close. When you imagine it without the stickers it looks pretty much like the renderings on this side.
Conclusion: It will be a very good looking car with strong attributes of the Mission E. That was to be expected an that's pretty ok for me. I totally want one!

Reactions: SHY

Granola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant Quattro
Country flag
What do you think?
Hypothetically thinking they could be anything, but in reality they are:
The first picture is Panamera Turbo S.
The second is Cayenne Coupé.
The third picture is the only EV, the Taycan.

Edit: What I'm trying to say is: They are three different mules for three different cars. Porsche is brilliant at making them all "look the same".

Last edited:

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is 100% the final body. They will show this car to the public in a few month. Not a chance that they put a totally different body on that, they have to test the final version.
I don't really get why some people here are outraged that it doesn't look like the Mission E. Sure it is not 100% the same car, because that is never the case, too much regulations which differ in every single country etc.
But it will be maybe 75% like the Mission E which is absolutely ok for me. When you take away the camouflage and the stickers which are there to make it look like a Panamera you pretty much have a more "realistic" version of the Mission E. The curves of the car will be toned down a little, that is a little bit sad but that was to be expected. The character of the front lights will be the same, the back will be the same, the side profile will be pretty close. When you imagine it without the stickers it looks pretty much like the renderings on this side.
Conclusion: It will be a very good looking car with strong attributes of the Mission E. That was to be expected an that's pretty ok for me. I totally want one!
TG, I agree completely. I think we’re seeing the final car with a black wrap over Miami Blue and Lava Orange. The vertical slits at the headlight assembly are there, the taillights will likely be the same. I’m happy as well. I can’t wait

GyAkUsOu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A1 GB
Country flag
I don't really get why some people here are outraged that it doesn't look like the Mission E. Sure it is not 100% the same car, because that is never the case,
The difference this time (compared to previous concept cars) is the fact that thousands of people put money down to preorder the car. And the main reason is probably the design of the Mission E. So if Porsche toned down the design too much for whatever reason some/many people will be outraged.

It's not helping that Porsche is using the design of the concept for marketing purposes. There's even a Mission E RC car from the toy company Playmobil.

Last edited:

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
The difference this time (compared to previous concept cars) is the fact the thousands of people put money down to preorder the car. And the main reason is probably the design of the Mission E. So if Porsche toned down the design too much for whatever reason some/many people will be outraged.

It's not helping that Porsche is using the design of the concept for marketing purposes. There's even a Mission E RC car from the toy company Playmobil.
Exactly.
It wouldn't make sense, especially when the world is switching to electric and you'd better be in that market, also cuz it takes huge investments.
I highly doubt Porsche wants to sell us an electric Panamera...

I've recieved a prospect folder cuz I've put down a deposit and it highlights the Taycan as shown in the form of the Mission E, only with mirrors present.
It would be wierd to present a totally normal EV instead of a spectacular electric sportscar.
That really doesn't make sense.
Porsche Taycan Most detailed Taycan spy pics yet, with first look at carbon ceramic brakes IMG_20190214_121456291
Porsche Taycan Most detailed Taycan spy pics yet, with first look at carbon ceramic brakes IMG_20190214_121727224
Porsche Taycan Most detailed Taycan spy pics yet, with first look at carbon ceramic brakes IMG_20190214_121742973

Last edited:

GyAkUsOu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A1 GB
Country flag
Btw I think the Taycan Cross TURISMO is giving us a good look at the final Taycan-design. Especially the front. Less pronounced fenders, "realistic" lights, different styling of the hood, bigger opening for camera/air intakes on the bumper etc.

Reactions: SHY

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Btw I think the Taycan Cross TURISMO is giving us a good look at the final Taycan-design. Especially the front. Less pronounced fenders, "realistic" lights, different styling of the hood, bigger opening for camera/air intakes on the bumper etc.
Another thing that is interesting about the Cross Turismo is that the interior is slightly different than the Mission E interior, especially on the steering wheel.
It wouldn't be surprised if the Cross Turismo interior will be close to the final Taycan interior.

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Exactly.
It wouldn't make sense, especially when the world is switching to electric and you'd better be in that market, also cuz it takes huge investments.
I highly doubt Porsche wants to sell us an electric Panamera...

I've recieved a prospect folder cuz I've put down a deposit and it highlights the Taycan as shown in the form of the Mission E, only with mirrors present.
It would be wierd to present a totally normal EV instead of a spectacular electric sportscar.
That really doesn't make sense.
Porsche Taycan Most detailed Taycan spy pics yet, with first look at carbon ceramic brakes {filename}
Porsche Taycan Most detailed Taycan spy pics yet, with first look at carbon ceramic brakes {filename}
Agree wholeheartedly. People need to relax and let Porsche do it right

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The difference this time (compared to previous concept cars) is the fact that thousands of people put money down to preorder the car. And the main reason is probably the design of the Mission E. So if Porsche toned down the design too much for whatever reason some/many people will be outraged.

It’s about mass production, aerodynamic concerns and economy of scale. Name one concept car that made it to production unchanged outside the hypercar world. It’s just not feasible to transfer 100% of the features to a production car. Besides Blume said the final car resembles the concept substantially. Why would he risk major backlash from the press and those of us who have placed deposits? More to the point, the latest mules have substantial camouflage and ?mylar wrapping covering virtually every surface so nobody but Porsche knows what the final product looks like. We just have to wait until Frankfurt

hawc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf R
Country flag
This x100%. Anyone else who thinks differently is so delusional they should be laughed off this forum.
Sponsored