JayGT4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Nice closeups... and those PCCB are mega! Could the one wearing the carbon ceramic brakes be the Turbo Taycan?

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dwraysgarage.com
Vehicles
Porsche Boxster Spyder (987.2), BMW i3 (REx), Tesla Model X
Country flag
Great shots. Thanks for sharing. Getting easier to make out some lines and definition, but still not quite all together.

I recall when BMWs M2 came out - was really hard take pictures that quite conveyed how it's haunches looked in person. Hoping the same effect going on here .

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I'm excited to see they also test the rear view cameras.
Audi has them (and Lexus) so I suspect them to be as an option in my country too!
Other than that, I don't suspect the Taycan will look like an electric Panamera, this is just a mule...
Porsche Taycan Most detailed Taycan spy pics yet, with first look at carbon ceramic brakes 2019-02-12_09.31.07

Ronin

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P85D - 2009 BMW K1300S
Country flag
Very nice pics. I'm digging the door handles. Delivery can't get here fast enough.

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
These look really close to the real thing IMHO. I swear I saw one just like these examples on the 10 in Phoenix yesterday. Too much traffic to take a pic tho.

MarkInMd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2017 F-250
Country flag
There’s clearly still a bit of camouflage going on with the headlights and taillights, but with these high resolution pictures it’s much easier to get an idea of the final design. I’ll be very interested to see if they stay with the separate hood (frunk) design or if they go back to the one piece design of the prototype and Macan. I also found it interesting that they dragged the charging cord around to the right side of the car rather than plugging in on the left. Perhaps the ports don’t work on both sides on these mules.

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There’s clearly still a bit of camouflage going on with the headlights and taillights, but with these high resolution pictures it’s much easier to get an idea of the final design. I’ll be very interested to see if they stay with the separate hood (frunk) design or if they go back to the one piece design of the prototype and Macan. I also found it interesting that they dragged the charging cord around to the right side of the car rather than plugging in on the left. Perhaps the ports don’t work on both sides on these mules.
I agree completely. You can clearly see camouflage around the headlights and the taillights and trunk, but this looks pretty much like the final version which IMHO is fine. Personally I doubt the clamshell hood will make it to production but I’ve been wrong before. I’m #27 in Chandler. Eager to see the configurator.

GratedWasabi

Banned
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan Turbo
Country flag
Not bad! If the camo is hiding Mission E style headlamps and a bit of body character that will be one good looking car.

James Dusty

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa
Country flag
After seeing these pictures I am ripping up my reservation paperwork. This version does not come even close to the concept IMO. It’s a shorter version of the Panamera ( minus the power plant, of course). Looks average at best. I’d pay $125k all day for something close to the
Concept car! Very disappointed.

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not bad! If the camo is hiding Mission E style headlamps and a bit of body character that will be one good looking car.
I agree. Porsche is doing a well choreographed camouflage strip tease by allowing progressive reveals of the production model prior to the reveal @ Paris or Frankfurt. I wonder if the company looks at Rennlist, Jalopnik and Taycan Forum. If so they must be amused reading the posts expressing “mule anxiety “. I don’t think there will be many drop outs d/t styling. I’m #27 @ Porsche Chandler: probably Q1/2020

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
there is so much tape welds(especialy on the back and sides)on these photos,i think the final will have so many more curves.

Last edited:

Joe B

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne GTS, Volt
Every time I see the fake exhaust tips I get more and more concerned they aren't going to be removed

Trued

First Name
Jörgen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, Saab 9-3 AERO CV, Saab 99 Turbo Wagonback Rally, Saab 99 Turbo Wagonback, Saab 99 Turbo 4 door sedan (former SAAB Corp. Test Vehicle), Saab 96 MonteCarlo V4 Rally
Testing in Sweden. Signs on the charging wood house says. Klimat Klivet = The Climate Step. Sponsored by Naturvårdsverket (Swedish EPA).

Joe B

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne GTS, Volt
Look at how they have put some sort of plastic around the inside of the rims to keep snow from building up on them
Sponsored

Attachments