most underrated option for taycan to tick?

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
I recommend the Storage Package. Inexpensive and subtle but it makes the space under the center console more usable and it includes a few doodads like a small net in the trunk, a grocery bag hook and a couple minor conveniences.
Sponsored

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
most under-rated?

$0 Smoking Package.

Not been mentioned yet, therefore by definition it's under-rated.

BurntToast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 944 turbo and 2022 Taycan GTS (soon)
Country flag
I recommend the Storage Package. Inexpensive and subtle but it makes the space under the center console more usable and it includes a few doodads like a small net in the trunk, a grocery bag hook and a couple minor conveniences.
You got a net? I didn't get a net. :)

BurntToast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 944 turbo and 2022 Taycan GTS (soon)
Country flag
Rear axle steering. Super helpful getting in and out of the garage and parking.

I can't remember if it's optional or not but the ambient lighting makes it feel special at night.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Sport Aero wheels. The good looking 20” wheels. (Sorry Turbo Aero)

Porsche crest on headrests.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
This made me chuckle because as I read "Most over-rated/over-priced technical option" I immediately thought of Innodrive. I specced it and never use it. I find it less than helpful. I think that Adaptive Cruise Control and Active Lane Keeping are great and I use them all the time, but Innodrive proper with the auto speed adjustment for the road ahead and based on posted speed limits - with no ability to set an offset of X mph or X% over posted - is of little value to me and I never use it.
Personal preference, but I use Innodrive whenever I'm on a major highway and find it very useful and quite relaxing. The automatic speed adjustment for posted road signs doesn't bother me at all, in fact I like it. I set my speed to about 5 mph or so above the posted speed limit by simply taping the control stalk forward 5 times and it will maintain that speed until a sign with a lower limit is observed. Then I just tap control lever forward 5 times and I'm good to go until there is another speed change.

As for the most under rated option, I'm not sure, perhaps the storage option but in the US that comes with the premium package and it seems most people opt for the premium package. I had way too much time and added a lot of options, including the premium option (although I did remove the pano roof. I don't like glass roofs), and so far, 4 months in, I don't regret any of them and there aren't any additional options I regret not getting.

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
For those with Mission E wheels, having them painted to match the exterior color. Unless you have Dolomite I think this is a must. I have Carrera White and the paint matched Mission E’s are probably the first thing that draws people’s eyes to the car. Even at the dealership the service advisors all come to check it out, saying they just don’t see it that much.

WarryBhite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S, BMW IX3
Country flag
Can you elaborate on this? What do you get if you don't, what looks different visually?
Well my dealership said to take black or blue letters to get the full strip in the back... Could be wrong of course but saw already 2 taycans who do not have the full led strip in the back while braking. Could also be for 4S and up but worth checking because it makes all the difference for the appearance of the back side...

I'm still happy I have it would be a shame if you missed out on this by not ticking an option or getting a package imho

PP7QNHV5

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-tron
Country flag
The one option I am really looking forward to is the panoramic roof with sunshine control. Its just amazing on the videos how it works.

Reactions: B61

ben1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
2. comfort access
I smile every time that when i get close the car reacts to me by opening up its doorhandes and prehear/cool the car. Just get in, and drive off.. no need to push start.
I don't have comfort access. I found a description how it behaves when unlocking the car. But not about how it locks the car.
Does it lock the car when moving away from the car ? (like Tesla)
(I am asking because I could pay extra to enable it with over-the-air updates)

By the way: the fact that you can start and stop without pushing start is standard. It is not part of the comfort access option.

WarryBhite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S, BMW IX3
Country flag
I don't have comfort access. I found a description how it behaves when unlocking the car. But not about how it locks the car.
Does it lock the car when moving away from the car ? (like Tesla)
(I am asking because I could pay extra to enable it with over-the-air updates)

By the way: the fact that you can start and stop without pushing start is standard. It is not part of the comfort access option.
It will not lock when you walk away. Quite frustrating in the beginning but you'll get used to it.
Sponsored