Motor Control Error and System error

SPG Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Today I noticed my car only charged to 211 miles after charging all night, when I usually get 258. When I start driving, the numbers started going up, one at a time. Then, after about 1/4 mile, the car slammed on the breaks and showed MotorControl error and System Error in red and something was clicking for about a minute in the back of the car. It was totally dead and I was stuck in the middle of the road. I turned it off and on and was able to go another 1/8 mile and it happened again.
it’s at dealership now. This car had a faulty strut the day I got it. I absolutely love the Taycan to drive, but this is scary. Has anyone else had these issues?

Porsche Taycan Motor Control Error and System error 98CDB6A2-234C-45DF-BE27-FE402A0EEDAA
Sponsored

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Today I noticed my car only charged to 211 miles after charging all night, when I usually get 258. When I start driving, the numbers started going up, one at a time. Then, after about 1/4 mile, the car slammed on the breaks and showed MotorControl error and System Error in red and something was clicking for about a minute in the back of the car. It was totally dead and I was stuck in the middle of the road. I turned it off and on and was able to go another 1/8 mile and it happened again.
it’s at dealership now. This car had a faulty strut the day I got it. I absolutely love the Taycan to drive, but this is scary. Has anyone else had these issues?

98CDB6A2-234C-45DF-BE27-FE402A0EEDAA.jpeg
I also got this warning message today. Turned the car off and on again, and was able to drive home (2 km) without the message showing up again.

I have sent a mail to my dealer today and are waiting for his response. Hopefully it is just a minor software bug...

OP
OP

SPG Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I also got this warning message today. Turned the car off and on again, and was able to drive home (2 km) without the message showing up again.

I have sent a mail to my dealer today and are waiting for his response. Hopefully it is just a minor software bug...
My Taycan stopped me in the middle of street and wouldn’t move or respond until I turned it off and on again. Did your stop you as well? It would be really scary if it was on a highway!

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
My Taycan stopped me in the middle of street and wouldn’t move or respond until I turned it off and on again. Did your stop you as well? It would be really scary if it was on a highway!
Yes same here. Thankfully I was at a stoplight and turning right slowly when it happened. But was able to quickly turn it on again and proceed.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Do you mind providing the build date of your Taycan(s) and if they have already received the latest software updates that update control modules?

Rex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan, 911 Turbo

98CDB6A2-234C-45DF-BE27-FE402A0EEDAA.jpeg
Any word from dealership what problem was? Same thing happened to me yesterday. turned car off and on several times but car wouldn’t budge when put in drive mode. Car was towed away & now sits at dealership awaiting diagnostics.

OP
OP

SPG Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Any word from dealership what problem was? Same thing happened to me yesterday. turned car off and on several times but car wouldn’t budge when put in drive mode. Car was towed away & now sits at dealership awaiting diagnostics.
Nothing yet. Been there 2 days and they said they don’t have a loaner. Not a happy camper right now. I’ll post when I hear something g. You too please!

OP
OP

SPG Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Do you mind providing the build date of your Taycan(s) and if they have already received the latest software updates that update control modules?
Sure! I’ll get that for you tomorrow.
I had a few other issues with it a month ago and they did like an entire day of updates.

Rex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan, 911 Turbo
My local dealership didn’t have a loaner either! Not happy

OP
OP

SPG Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Sure! I’ll get that for you tomorrow.
I had a few other issues with it a month ago and they did like an entire day of updates.
The build was finished on 3/12/2020. It arrived into the US on 4/14/2020

OP
OP

SPG Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
OP
OP

SPG Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
3 days and no answers. Scary.
Sponsored