Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
Get it in to your PC and have it checked. It shouldn't be like that.
Have the brake pedal depressed untill you get "HOLD" sign on the display.
Try to capture the water bottle on a video when it is at its worst.
Standing still there would be no vibration what so ever.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Arno

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
T-Fury: Thanks for the tip. I actually use the hold function a lot, so you're probably on to something there. I will try to se if this occurs just using normal brake manually.

Yes, I got my car updated around easter holidays.

OP
OP
Arno

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Gubbjaevel: Thanks for your tip. I will follow up on that.

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
Over time, I have noticed that the car shakes a little when it stands still in front of intersections, for example when I wait for the green light. This only happens when the gear is engaged in "drive". It feels as if the electric motor is trying to push the car forward while the brakes are on. This is so obvious that both passengers and I find it annoying. It's somewhat like the car says, "Come on, I'm ready, what are you waiting for?"

I assume these are magnetic electric impulses from the rotating motor, but is it supposed to be like that, and so noticeable? Are these any of you others who have discovered the equivalent?

I am looking for input from users on this forum, before I possibly create a case for Porsche on this.

Thank you in advance!
I’ve experienced the same situations as you describe. MY2020 4S updated. Inconsistent, but pretty noticeable, water bottle shakes, if you’re talking over the phone, your voice is also a little shaky and you definitely feel it in your seat.
I am not sure at all what is the cause but I like the idea of a member who proposed as a cause gravel or dirt in a fan blade / AC compressor
It seems indeed as there is a resonance point in which the car starts to vibrate and then when the light turns green and you accelerate and start to move again, you don’t notice it anymore.
@Arno, did you follow up with your Porsche service department?
I will schedule an appointment on July 9th for that and an annoying noise coming from the right front end during climate pre-conditioning
Will keep you posted if they find the problem and a cure ...

OP
OP
Arno

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Tonytones No, I'm still waiting for the appointment at my Porsche Center, which hopefully will be soon.

I have discovered though, that this issue seems to disappear when I switch from normal driving mode to sport or sport plus. That means it can be a software issue of power saving or hibernation of some sort. I mostly drive in sport mode from now on though :captain:

I should also not rule out that it may also be related to the fan of the heat pump or AC. I just posted another issue which appeared again, regarding odd noise and vibration:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/odd-noice-from-ac-or-battery.2225/page-2

Last edited:

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Tonytones No, I'm still waiting for the appointment at my Porsche Center, which hopefully will be soon.

I have discovered though, that this issue seems to disappear when I switch from normal driving mode to sport or sport plus. That means it can be a software issue of power saving or hibernation of some sort. I mostly drive in sport mode from now on though :captain:

I should also not rule out that it may be related to it may also be related to the fan of the heat pump or AC. I just posted another issue which appeared again, regarding odd noise and vibration:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/odd-noice-from-ac-or-battery.2225/page-2
Thanks for following up. I’ll try and see if the mode change from normal to sport / plus makes a difference in my case as well. ??

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I should also not rule out that it may also be related to the fan of the heat pump or AC. I just posted another issue which appeared again, regarding odd noise and vibration:
Update on my side,
the car was at the dealership last week for the AMB5 campaign, and they checked for the noise out of the front end, passenger (right) side. Apparently, it was dirt/little rocks in a fan. Cleaned it and I haven't heard it so far... I suspect though it might probably be a recurring problem in the future as I do use the car on unpaved roads on occasion and during winter/ski season.
Sponsored