Pwh819

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cross Turismo - Chalk
Country flag
New to the forum and have a question to anyone whose moved on from a 911 to a Taycan. I’m in my annual winter (& Covid) sequestration when I typically get the itch for a new toy. Currently drive a 2017 Targa 4s and very interested by the Taycan and will be look at a couple of new 4s arrivals at my dealership this weekend. Before I head out, I’d would love to hear from anyone whose done the same and if you’ve had any buyers remorse afterwards! (or the maybe the opposite) I realize that they are two different beasts but its a “Sophies choice” for me, cant have both.

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
New to the forum and have a question to anyone whose moved on from a 911 to a Taycan. I’m in my annual winter (& Covid) sequestration when I typically get the itch for a new toy. Currently drive a 2017 Targa 4s and very interested by the Taycan and will be look at a couple of new 4s arrivals at my dealership this weekend. Before I head out, I’d would love to hear from anyone whose done the same and if you’ve had any buyers remorse afterwards! (or the maybe the opposite) I realize that they are two different beasts but its a “Sophies choice” for me, cant have both.

I had 911 4S, miss the noise, but that’s about it. The Taycan is definitely an upgrade on a 911.

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
My brother had a 911 convertible, two Benz SLs, and I have a Corvette C7. The T4S beats them all.

I was wondering if I should miss the V8's sound, but so far, didn't. I'll retest this summer :).

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag

I had a 991.2 Targa 4 GTS and sold this for a Taycan 4S in November. I had a 992 Turbo on order, and the Taycan was meant to be a stop gap until the 992 arrived. After a month with the Taycan, the 992 order was cancelled and replaced with an order for a Taycan Turbo S.

I have been a 911 owner in one shape or another for 13 years, and love them as excellent everyday sports cars. They’re just brilliant vehicles.

However, after 10 minutes in the Taycan 4S I was completely sold. My partner has a 992 Turbo S and if I had the choice between the keys for that and the Taycan, the Taycan would win everytime. It has moved the motoring experience to a new level for me - it’s refined, quiet, powerful and beautifully balanced.

TVL

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
Did the move from a 991.2 Carrera T to the Taycan 4S, no regrets, totally different but both very rewarding experiences.
Main reason for the move for me was tax considerations and EV curiosity.
You’ll miss the sound, but will get addicted to the acceleration.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Went from a 911 4s to to a Taycan S.

No remorse
No engine noise and less road noise in the Taycan
With the air suspension the ride is much more comfortable
With the low CG the car feels more stable at speed
With instant torque the car feels like it accelerates quicker
The wife hated the 911 because it was noisy and too hard riding
The 4S does not maneuver as quickly as the 911, especially in parking lots
No paddles but have never heard anyone complain about not being able to shift

TomP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Carerra 4 GTS, GT4RS
Country flag
Went from 2017 991.2 4GTS to Taycan Turbo and have ZERO buyers remorse.
The instant torque and acceleration is addicting.

Try to drive one with the performance package which includes among other options the rear axle steering. It really helps in tight spots - making the vehicle feel smaller.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had a 992 C4 on order that I swapped to a Taycan 4S. Zero regrets.

I honestly feel that you go NA 911 or Taycan. The 991.2 and 992 don't do anything special that the Taycan doesn't do, and you get a lot of special attributes in the Taycan (amazing ride quality, instant torque, more room, etc..)

The Carreras just don't sound good enough any more for it to feel special.

Just make sure you're fully prepared to own an EV and realize the software is a bit buggy right now.

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
I had a couple of 911s, the most recent of which was a 2012 991.1 Carrera S Cabriolet that I sold just before getting the Taycan. I do miss the sound of the flat six a bit, and I miss the open air, but the Taycan is a fantastic drive and I don't regret it. I love the fact that--at least in the context of what's reasonable on public roads--I have 911 performance with a bit more utility. I love the way the Taycan looks and drives. And as noted above, instant torque is addicting.

Without a doubt you can feel that the Taycan is heavier, but between the even weight distribution, ultra-low center of gravity, and science fiction level suspension technology, it's a car that shrinks around you as you drive it fast.

CJE

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Ford GT (part owner)
Country flag
I had a couple of 911s, the most recent of which was a 2012 991.1 Carrera S Cabriolet that I sold just before getting the Taycan. I do miss the sound of the flat six a bit, and I miss the open air, but the Taycan is a fantastic drive and I don't regret it. I love the fact that--at least in the context of what's reasonable on public roads--I have 911 performance with a bit more utility. I love the way the Taycan looks and drives. And as noted above, instant torque is addicting.

Without a doubt you can feel that the Taycan is heavier, but between the even weight distribution, ultra-low center of gravity, and science fiction level suspension technology, it's a car that shrinks around you as you drive it fast.
I have a 911 Turbo S and am a partner in a Ford GT. I got my Taycan Turbo S in July and I have no desire to drive anything else. The idea that you can be faster than either of these super cars and still have room for luggage and passengers, as well as listen to music like you are in a studio is a combination that nothing else provides.

I like driving the canyons in LA and while the 911 and the Ford GT turn a trip along the ridge line into an E ride, the Taycan is equally satisfying in a strange way that defies expectation and sometimes gravity.

We're keeping the 911 , just because the Taycan likes company. The Ford will eventually go to auction and a collector.

Get the Taycan. It's hard to argue that it's not the world's best car.

OP
OP
Pwh819

Pwh819

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cross Turismo - Chalk
Country flag

I honestly feel that you go NA 911 or Taycan. The 991.2 and 992 don't do anything special that the Taycan doesn't do, and you get a lot of special attributes in the Taycan (amazing ride quality, instant torque, more room, etc..)

Just make sure you're fully prepared to own an EV and realize the software is a bit buggy right now.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
Counterpoint: Taycan is great, but if I didn't need the utility (kid) I would get a real sports car (in stick). (Tried to a make a 2+2 work but it doesn't.) Taycan is objectively special but doesn't feel as special, if that makes any sense.

okkotonushi

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Porsche 992S, Genesis GV60
Country flag
I owned a Cayenne and a 991 4S before and I only missed the sound the first 2 weeks, but now
I can't imagine ever switching back to a non electric car.

Nearly everything is better than before and the normal 911 looks so oldschool
Sponsored