Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I got a brand new 911 turbo s convertible as loaner when my TTS needed service. Noise was nice but I was glad when I got my TTS back.
Sponsored

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Totally different machines. I just bought a Taycan 3 weeks ago and it’s been amazing. I ordered a new 911 turbo s which was delayed in the us from epa clearance. I started thinking “maybe I don’t need the 911 now.” However yesterday I took delivery of the 911 and glad to be keeping both.

Porsche Taycan Moving from a 911 to a Taycan? 88177219-7FDC-40E2-A0EA-04425CE7B024

Porsche Taycan Moving from a 911 to a Taycan? 4EEEA9B7-3B2E-41E2-A7A2-2441B6BE4C56

OP
OP
Pwh819

Pwh819

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cross Turismo - Chalk
Country flag
Totally different machines. I just bought a Taycan 3 weeks ago and it’s been amazing. I ordered a new 911 turbo s which was delayed in the us from epa clearance. I started thinking “maybe I don’t need the 911 now.” However yesterday I took delivery of the 911 and glad to be keeping both.

88177219-7FDC-40E2-A0EA-04425CE7B024.jpeg

4EEEA9B7-3B2E-41E2-A7A2-2441B6BE4C56.jpeg
Perfect world...wish I had that option. Beautiful Turbo s BTW...

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I switched my 911 Turbo Cab order to a Taycan Turbo order (with 911 delays and interest in EV being the final push). Haven't received the Taycan yet to know if I made the right move lol

OP
OP
Pwh819

Pwh819

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cross Turismo - Chalk
Country flag
I switched my 911 Turbo Cab order to a Taycan Turbo order (with 911 delays and interest in EV being the final push). Haven't received the Taycan yet to know if I made the right move lol
Thanks for the feedback and a question for you Alex. I think that the Mamba Green is a stunning color on the Taycan. Did you consider anything else? I’m between Mamba and Carrera White (but they’re worlds apart from a visual standpoint right?).

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback and a question for you Alex. I think that the Mamba Green is a stunning color on the Taycan. Did you consider anything else? I’m between Mamba and Carrera White (but they’re worlds apart from a visual standpoint right?).
My last car (Panamera) was silver with black accents, it looked nice, but I thought I'd go for a brighter color. My car before was a sepang blue Audi S6 - so I do tend to prefer brighter colors especially in 4 door colors. I liked the Red's for the Taycan (especially with black wheels), but my wife vetoed that. White isn't bad with the mission E wheels, but I felt like if I'm going to do a custom order, might as well get something more unique (white ones are easy to find in dealer inventory). My 911 Turbo Cab was going to be in the gentian blue, but I don't like that color as much on the Taycan. I think all personal preference.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Get the Taycan. It's hard to argue that it's not the world's best car.
I have to agree with this sentiment. I can't think of another car that combines the level of performance, luxury and practicality of the Taycan. In fact, nothing else even comes close. We've lived in the same house for over 30 years and aren't moving - therefore I get one garage spot...:( For me, where I can only have one car I can drive on the street, the Turbo S is the perfect car.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Counterpoint: Taycan is great, but if I didn't need the utility (kid) I would get a real sports car (in stick). (Tried to a make a 2+2 work but it doesn't.) Taycan is objectively special but doesn't feel as special, if that makes any sense.
While I agree, my counter counterpoint is would you really consider the 991.2 and 992 "real" sports cars? They've clearly turned into GT cars, IMHO. Great, fantastic GT cars, absolutely.

Yes, they still feel great (/amazing/ethereal) at 8.5/10 and beyond but now that it takes pulling 1.1+gs in a turn to even reach that point it's kind of moot outside of a race track.

I'd go a NA manual Cayman or older 911 if I wanted the real sports car feeling.

Last edited:

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Looks like Porsche is cannibalizing its 911 sales. I thought it would have been the Panamera.
Porsche’s 2020 sales numbers by model seem to indicate that the Taycan is cannibalizing the Panamera rather than the 911, though.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh they are REAL sports cars. The 992 is on a different level. I just did a track day at the PEC with a Turbo S 992. It’s more of a track car than my prior 458 and 488. Launch control is 2.2 seconds and the track ability is unreal. We did 2 hours of tracking on all different surfaces (polished concrete covers in flour or skid plates watered down and standard cone tracks. Never experienced such performance and I had a 991.1 and 991.2 Turbo S. The 992 is next level. However the Taycan is one of the best Daily drivers I’ve had as well.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
EV = best daily driver - instant power & low CG makes it "very sporty" - porsche makes it better - not a good track car - heavy and lacks on track stamina - track side fast charging is mostly non-existent
911 = best track car - a bit tight and limited functional for daily driver - fun to drive, hard to live with - although porsche does it the best...

perfect combination = Taycan for DD, and GTS, Turbo, GT3 for "recreational/track" vehicle - each doing what they are best at...

EV's will ruin you for gas cars - and after a good to excellent EV only the best examples of a gas car will fit the bill - all others are simply not worth it.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
I went from a 991.2 Targa 4s to the T4S. Different indeed! In a way you can’t compare (which is your favourite child?) but I have to say I am really enjoying the T4S more after two months of ownership than the 911 after two months a few years ago. (Just don’t mention the Taycan PCM to me — that might change my mood.).

If I ever go back to a 911 it would have to be a Turbo S!

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It is a little odd. The PCM in my 2021 Taycan is not as user friendly as the 2021 992 Turbo S I got yesterday. wireless car play and the whole connect experinece was vastly superior in the 911 which I assumed would be the same. That said the 911 doesnt have the wireless charger so a lot of little things are different across the platforms?

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
I've had multiple 911's over the years and I don't think I'll ever go back to a new 911. The Taycan is the best all around car I've ever had. It makes any 911 feel slow. Add to the fact that new 911's have so many nannies and electronic assists, that they loose a lot of the classic sports car feel anyway. The Taycan just feels 20 years ahead.

In my opinion, if I were to get another 911 as a third vehicle, I would get a classic (964 or 993). I wouldn't be buying the 911 to compete on speed, but more nostalgia, the sound, and feel of a classic sports car.

The only new addition I could see from Porsche would be a 2-seater electric sports car. If the rumored Cayman/Boxster electric happens, I would definitely consider buying one.
Sponsored