MRM & RV for 4S (w/ PB+)

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Hi,

I was told on this forum that the lease MRM for Taycan 4S w/ Performance Battery + is 135k. Otherwise it is $129,400. Is this true ? And if so, is there anyway to get published data ? Is the RV same for both or different ?

I was also recommended the best term is probably 36m/10k miles (RV 54%)

I’m trying to negotiate my lease with the dealer. So any input would be great. Also, anyone has an idea when the 2022 lease numbers will be out ?

Lastly, what would lease payments look like for a $180k turbo s (under the turbo MRM).

Thanks.
Sponsored

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Higher the Taycan model, the lower the residual
For 36/10:
Turbo 49%
Turbo S 46%

Your payments will be lower on a Turbo compared to a Turbo s because of the 3% difference in residual value.

2022 lease numbers are not out yet.

Last edited:

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
Most people who lease around here do it as a hedge against some future EV tech rendering the Taycan obsolete.

My opinion is that the way the car market is right now, I don't think there are many new cars that will be worth less than 54% of MSRP in three years. That knocks out one of the biggest arguments in favor of leasing.

You should also run the numbers for financing just for comparison. Porsche's lease terms are so awful, and current interest rates are so excellent, that leasing isn't much cheaper.

OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Higher the Taycan model, the lower the residual
For 36/10:
Turbo 49%
Turbo S 46%

Your payments will be lower on a Turbo compared to a Turbo s because of the 3% difference in residual value.

2022 lease numbers are not out yet.
Thanks !

OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Most people who lease around here do it as a hedge against some future EV tech rendering the Taycan obsolete.

My opinion is that the way the car market is right now, I don't think there are many new cars that will be worth less than 54% of MSRP in three years. That knocks out one of the biggest arguments in favor of leasing.

You should also run the numbers for financing just for comparison. Porsche's lease terms are so awful, and current interest rates are so excellent, that leasing isn't much cheaper.
I have similar thoughts. I don’t think the tech would drastically change in 3-4 years.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I have owned more expensive cars than the Taycan, but have purchased them vs. leasing. My Taycan was the most expensive car that I have leased. I was unaware of the MRM issue until it was delivery time. My decision to lease was that my 2020 was Porsche's first full EV, and I was a bit nervous about taking a $143k risk 5 years down the road. My recollection is that the MRM on my 4S was $138k. The residual was 49%. At the end it didn't matter because the dealer was kind enough to throw in all of the excess options and do the deal with the MRM as the sales price. (it helps that I have purchased many other cars from the dealer).

Yusufsuleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS
Country flag
As for the 2022 lease numbers, they tend to be released closer to the launch of the new model year. It's a bit of a waiting game, but staying in touch with your dealership or checking online Porsche forums can help you stay updated. Lease payments for a $180k Turbo S can definitely vary based on your chosen lease term, down payment, and interest rates. Using online lease calculators can give you a ballpark figure, but discussing specifics with your dealer will give you a clearer picture. When it comes to maintaining vehicles, checking out spare parts for truck is a wise move. Ensuring you're using reliable components can go a long way in keeping your ride in top shape.
Sponsored

Last edited: