MSRP Dealers (selling Taycan with no price mark-up)

bangersandmash

First Name
bib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Alpina B3S, Opel Corsa electric
Country flag
Good result! No discount in Munich.

Cheers,
Henrik
yes was lucky. I never even asked. He just said 3% as I had to spec the Porsche charger. Funny thing was I only went because its 3k more expensive in France.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Can this be the difference in VAT levels. I know France has 20% TVA, but Germany only 16%?

bangersandmash

First Name
bib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Alpina B3S, Opel Corsa electric
Country flag
I believe German value added tax is 19%. When i register I will need to pay the 1% difference in France.

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
Stevens Creek in sfbay area offered to sell someone's allocation (that had not yet been given to them I think) for a may delivery to me yesterday for a 15k markup over MSRP.

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
Stevens Creek in sfbay area offered to sell someone's allocation (that had not yet been given to them I think) for a may delivery to me yesterday for a 15k markup over MSRP.
WHAT!!! That is crazy Typical Bay Area Dealer robbery... I understand them configuring their own cars, buying them and then putting a markup on them on the lot but for a car someone already reserved you should only have to pay the reservation holders deposit amount so they get it back. Did they want to charge you a deposit on the car of 15K? Deposits are usually 10k so if they where they were making it up another 5K OR a deposit on a car PLUS a 15k markup over MSRP?

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
15K markup over MSRP. So whatever the total value (180K in my case) + 15K
I ended up working with Porsche Riverside. ~300 miles south. They had one locking this month I purchased(just a 2k deposit). They still have several allocations available at MSRP and I can give anyone that needs it the salesperson there that has been great.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
A reservation is nothing more than you declaring interest. The dealer will still be deciding who gets what allocation when. I expect the short allocation cars to see some market adjustment for people that want to jump the queue. Dealers are there to make money. The first batch of allocations all went to VIP customers... :p

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
A reservation is nothing more than you declaring interest. The dealer will still be deciding who gets what allocation when. I expect the short allocation cars to see some market adjustment for people that want to jump the queue. Dealers are there to make money. The first batch of allocations all went to VIP customers... :p
My dealer in the Bay Area took my reservation 1k deposit back in March 2018 then my confirmation full Deposit 10k in Oct 2019 when the order was submitted and the car is at MSRP with no markup. As I said if the dealer is buying the car and configuring it themselves they can charge whatever they like... But marking up a previously configured car with a deposit already on it is wrong IMO. Not all Bay area dealers do that just some!

Squiden

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
You can add the Porsche of Colorado Springs (CO) to the list of dealers with no mark-up. Just had to put down $2500 deposit, but otherwise no hassles or added costs - very easy to work with. They still have a couple more allocations in March apparently (they had one if February as of last week, but couldn't get all my options on a 4S for that slot).

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche of Tacoma took a $2,500 deposit but no markup. Honestly there seem to be plenty of 4S allocations available.
Sponsored