MSRP Dealers (selling Taycan with no price mark-up)

unbiased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
Not sure whether it violates any forum rules but initial ask for a 36 months/10k miles lease for MSRP of $129.370 was 5k down with $2332 monthly payment. Within a day that dropped to 4K down and $2150 per month. My goal is no down payment with closer to $2k a month. I am pretty confident they will budge, no one wants to spend >100k on a car right now.
Sponsored

refazi

First Name
Refael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2020 Macan, BMW i8, Audi ETron
Country flag
Not sure whether it violates any forum rules but initial ask for a 36 months/10k miles lease for MSRP of $129.370 was 5k down with $2332 monthly payment. Within a day that dropped to 4K down and $2150 per month. My goal is no down payment with closer to $2k a month. I am pretty confident they will budge, no one wants to spend >100k on a car right now.
What’s the residual and MF they quote you with on the 4S?

unbiased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
I didn’t ask. It’s the first time for me leasing a car and I am not planning to keep it after the lease. Next time I talk to the rep I’ll find out.

refazi

First Name
Refael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You should definitely ask, with the right negotiation skills you can get the same monthly payment with much less down (2k or less)
E.g the bmw in my avatar was 155k MSRP and I got it for 1300/m with 1k down.
Now, Porsche leases are always bad and BMW leases are great, so you result may vary..

unbiased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
You should definitely ask, with the right negotiation skills you can get the same monthly payment with much less down (2k or less)
E.g the bmw in my avatar was 155k MSRP and I got it for 1300/m with 1k down.
Now, Porsche leases are always bad and BMW leases are great, so you result may vary..
You hit the nail on the coffin. I could get a lease on a brand new M8 competition grand coupe with MSRP 155k at 0 down with around 1800-1900 k a month. That’s the only reason Porsche showed some flexibility. When it comes to leasing there is a huge difference between those 2 companies. The sales rep even acknowledged that by saying he will never able to come close to BMW terms.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Although leases through Porsche Financial Services are usually bad as far as the money factor (and currently there are no special subsidies for the Taycan), you should be able to get a your monthly payment down to your target without any money down (as far as any additional cap cost reduction). Is your dealer applying the $7500 federal EV credit towards the car? If not, the dealer should be doing that even though it is a lease vs. a purchase. PFS will allow the EV credit to be applied as a "down payment". Your MSRP is also below the max cap on a Taycan 4S lease (the cap is about $138lk). My MSRP was over $142k so I know what you are trying to achieve is doable.

refazi

First Name
Refael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here is a good explanation why the Porsche leases are usually a bad deal -

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
One of the benefits of leasing through Porsche Financial Services is that during the last 6 to 12 months of the lease, PFS will offer a lease pull forward. If you are willing to purchase or lease another Porsche, PFS will forgive the remaining lease payments. This means that with all the speculation on what new features will be available on the post-2020 model year Taycan, as well as improvements in battery technology, you will be able to get out of your lease fairly quickly to take advantage of the next refresh of the Taycan.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Quoting monthly numbers for a lease is about worthless. Only the MF and residual matters (and the MRM for Porsche). The exact same lease will have different monthly amounts, depending on where you live, because it includes sales tax on your payment.

Dealers love to talk payment per month, and it's never the thing to haggle over.

As for Porsche leases, if the residual is terrible, then there's no benefit over getting out early (in a lease vs. purchase argument) because if you could just sell the car for more than the residual, you'd be better off anyway.

Calculating a lease is easy, given the residual and MF, so if you can't do that, you probably should learn. Well, or not care about the price, which I understand also. :)

unbiased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
Thank you for the feedback and I understand the residual and money factor part. But if you are not wanting to keep the car at the end for sure are those numbers that important? I mean they will determine your down payment and monthly payments. My understanding is they are connected to each other so if you negotiate residual and MF it reduces the payments. In my mind it doesn’t really matter as long as what you pay monthly is as low as you can get.

unbiased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
And yes, they claim they included the tax credit in the calculation. Which makes it an even worse deal compared to leasing the M8 competition. Unfortunately Porsche is still doing business as if the car is flying off the shelves and demand is crazy high like it was when it was released. It hasn’t occurred to them that there is a pandemic going around and people are not buying the Taycans they had ordered. They truly are in denial. Called another dealership yesterday that had a Taycan Turbo demo car on sale with about 2k on it, they had it listed barely 10k below MSRP. I am like you do understand this is a used car? His reply was demand is so high they can list it that expensive. When I asked why they have all those brand new Taycans on the lot and he had heard about a pandemic that’s occurring he was suddenly very quiet.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for the feedback and I understand the residual and money factor part. But if you are not wanting to keep the car at the end for sure are those numbers that important? I mean they will determine your down payment and monthly payments. My understanding is they are connected to each other so if you negotiate residual and MF it reduces the payments. In my mind it doesn’t really matter as long as what you pay monthly is as low as you can get.
With Porsche Financial Services, the residual on the 4S for a 39 month lease is 49% for 10k miles/yr and 48% for 12k or 15k miles/yr (those were the numbers when I got my car). The MRM is $138,200. Those numbers are not subject to negotiation with the dealer, and are set by PFS. You will have more wiggle room with the MF since the dealer usually does not do a straight pass through on its cost of funds. Regardless of all these factors, I agree with you that ultimately it still comes down to the monthly payment and whether or not even with the best MF, it is a number you are willing to pay.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag