MSRP Dealers (selling Taycan with no price mark-up)

twporscheguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In the market for a Taycan
Country flag
I ordered by car from Porsche Fremont at MSRP last week. 4 days ago the sales agent told me they now have a 10k markup but mine will stay at MSRP. I asked why markup suddenly and he said everyone else is doing it too.
I was interested in a car that they got few days ago due to a cancellation. They wanted 5k above msrp. I passed, but someone else picked it up the next day. Literally didn't last more than 3 days after being listed.
Sponsored

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Is selling at MSRP still a thing? I am looking to order a GTS and few I’ve asked about are asking for a premium over. I am in SoCal and can order out of state and take delivery at the LA experience center. Any pointer is greatly appreciated.

Viswaa

First Name
Vis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan BMWi3s
Country flag
Avoid:

Porsche Redwood City = $20k markup
Porsche Downtown LA = $15k markup
Porsche Mckenna = $10k markup
Porsche Livermore = $5k markup
Porsche Fremont = $5k markup

Potentials:

Porsche Stevens Creek, said no markup and sells at MSRP, no allocation
Porsche Monterey, sells at msrp, but no allocation.
Porsche Marin, no allocation..
I asked my SA at Redwood City about the markup and he said no. May be need references to get at msrp during this time.

Tavsan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW M5
Country flag
Monterey dealer asked for markup for ordering a DTS model from me. I guess they are not asking for markup on non-GTS models?

Avoid:

Porsche Redwood City = $20k markup
Porsche Downtown LA = $15k markup
Porsche Mckenna = $10k markup
Porsche Livermore = $5k markup
Porsche Fremont = $5k markup

Potentials:

Porsche Stevens Creek, said no markup and sells at MSRP, no allocation
Porsche Monterey, sells at msrp, but no allocation.
Porsche Marin, no allocation..

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Porsche Plano sells their allocations at MSRP for most models when you order from them. Specialty vehicles like the new GT4RS will be marked up.

Just bought my CT4 from them and specifically asked this question, and that was the response I got.

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am very new to Porsche and their allocation (and now markups) games. Is it common for customers to place refundable deposits at multiple dealers to be on the waitlist for the next allocation and proceed with the one who has an allocation first?

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
I am very new to Porsche and their allocation (and now markups) games. Is it common for customers to place refundable deposits at multiple dealers to be on the waitlist for the next allocation and proceed with the one who has an allocation first?
Every dealer does business their own way and several are owned by larger auto groups. They will each have their own deposit requirements.

If an allocation is available, the deposit is usually non-refundable. If they just have a waiting list on a future allocation, some require a refundable deposit, other's just maintain a list and prioritize repeat customers or do first come first serve basis.

If the deposit it refundable, yes, it isn't unheard of for folks to place a lot of deposits. This typically only has happened for rarer trims of cars like Turbo S models, RS trims, etc. Unfortunately, even basic bread and butter Porsche models are seeing increased competition due to build scarcity. When the Taycan came out this thread wasn't really even necessary after the initial new model rush, and up until spring of this year builds were more available and most dealers had cars on lots waiting around where a discount could be had.

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
Just ordered a Taycan GTS in the Seattle (Washington) area.

Called multiple dealerships and got MSRP at Porsche Bellingham - excellent service and very friendly.

Porsche Bellevue asked for a 15k markup and Porsche Tacoma mentioned 5-15k "to be discussed after receiving an allocation."

Back in March 2021, I was able to get a 7% discount for a Taycan 4S at Porsche Ann Arbor (Michigan) but things may have changed since then.

manuel

First Name
papa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Hi, I am new to the Forum :fist bump:

I am interested to get a Taycan. I am located in Bay Area. I actually spec one:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNQ1W2B0

What do you think? I am in contact with Stevens Creek. They want $25k over MSRP markup. I find this kind of crazy. They also said this is for all orders independent of preallocation or not. Do you know any other dealer in Bay or around without that crazy Markup?

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi, I am new to the Forum :fist bump:

I am interested to get a Taycan. I am located in Bay Area. I actually spec one:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNQ1W2B0

What do you think? I am in contact with Stevens Creek. They want $25k over MSRP markup. I find this kind of crazy. They also said this is for all orders independent of preallocation or not. Do you know any other dealer in Bay or around without that crazy Markup?
I've talked to these dealers that don't do markups, on the GTS:

Porsche Marin (possibly first batch. $5k deposit. I already got a commission #, was told I am one of the first to get an allocation)
Porsche Redwood City (not first batch. $1k deposit, no commission #. 30k+ if you want the first batch)
Porsche of the main line (no allocation yet, waitlist of 4 people, no deposit required)

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche Columbus/Byers Imports of Columbus, OH sells Taycans @ MSRP.
Extremely smooth and problem-free buying experience. I took delivery of Taycan 4S in December.
Has arranged for delivery to LA PEC and shipping elsewhere.
DM me for person to contact.

Last edited:

NewToPorsche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry
Country flag
I'll post this in case it helps others looking right now. This information is recent.

I found the following MSRP dealers:
- Porsche Stevens Creek (no allocation, over a dozen in the wait-list though)
- Porsche Livermore (has allocation(s) but whether you get MSRP could depend on where you live)
- Porsche Englewood (has allocation(s))
- Porsche Redwood City (if you want MSRP then it could be 12 month wait, immediate allocations are $25k ADM)

Dealers with markups:
- Porsche Downtown LA - $10k markup
- Porsche Fremont - 8% to 15% markup

jjoshi1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S '22
Country flag
I placed an order few months back. Though, I didn’t discuss with the dealer about possibility of a markup, the build sheet is at msrp. does this imply there won’t be a mark up or could they add costs during the final buying process?

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I placed an order few months back. Though, I didn’t discuss with the dealer about possibility of a markup, the build sheet is at msrp. does this imply there won’t be a mark up or could they add costs during the final buying process?
If you do not have a firm, written agreement, signed by you and dealer manager specifying price, sweating out whether you will be faced with a markup at delivery is part of this buying experience, along with TYD schedule ups and downs.... , waiting to be assigned ship at Emden, tracking your car's ship across the Atlantic, through the Panama Canal and into Pacific, then wondering after car arrives at US port when it will get transported to the dealer. Welcome aboard... ;)

bdy0627

First Name
brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Tesla Model X, Hyundai Santa Fe
Country flag
Porsche Waukesha is no longer at MSRP, so they can come off this list. I just test drove a Taycan 2 days ago and spoke with Jeff in sales. They are now doing a $5k mark up on new vehicles. He was very apologetic about it and of course his GM insisted they had to do it even though he didn't want to!
Sponsored