cfp

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo '22 (ordered),MB E350, Mini Cooper SE
Country flag
Interested to see more reviews. Tough to believe it handles better than a Taycan. Does it look like a badly styled Lincoln MKZ or is that just me? And that steering wheel! The more the merrier though.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Sounds interesting. I know Lucid has been involved with building components like batteries for some time, and I'm probably being overly cynical, but my main concern would be spending $170,000+ for a vehicle from a company that has never sold an actual car before. I wish them luck, though.

Thor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla S
Country flag
Before I bought my Taycan, I checked out Lucid in their showroom. I inspected the Lucid car for 5 minutes and decided that it was not for me. It had a 2-tone color scheme (reminded me of Buick), the trunk had a very tiny opening, and overall felt like a big boat. Lucid and Taycan are trying to target different audiences, IMO. Maybe Lucid is going after the S class market. Lucid may have more power, more range, more LCD screen, but I would still buy a Taycan.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Before I bought my Taycan, I checked out Lucid in their showroom. I inspected the Lucid car for 5 minutes and decided that it was not for me. It had a 2-tone color scheme (reminded me of Buick), the trunk had a very tiny opening, and overall felt like a big boat. Lucid and Taycan are trying to target different audiences, IMO. Maybe Lucid is going after the S class market. Lucid may have more power, more range, more LCD screen, but I would still buy a Taycan.
pretty sure they are exactly going after the S class. Tesla and Mercedes have been going at it over BMW’s market share

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
The lucid is more like a tesla model S than a Taycan, I don't think that it will impact on the taycan. the competitor for the taycan is the audi etron which will impact on taycan rwd sales

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
pretty sure they are exactly going after the S class. Tesla and Mercedes have been going at it over BMW’s market share
i thought that too originally. But now that more details are out along with some early reviews I think they are going after Tesla, BMW, and Audi. Porsche will be out on its own with the Taycan (best driving) and Mercedes with the EQS (most luxurious). Lucid seems to be hitting a sweet spot of performance, tech and luxury. I typically think of BMW and Audi in that space, and Tesla with performance and tech.

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
“Makes the Taycan look silly”
So the boat made by lucid handles basically like a 911? Wow ! That guy should work for Elon.
I like Lucid, and I'm considering an Air Grand Touring, but I'm still really skeptical that it handles better than the Taycan. I'm sure it's faster in the straight line, and probably has an equally nice interior, but getting a car to feel the way a Porsche does is a really difficult task. Porsche nailed it with the Taycan and I doubt anyone is going to suddenly have a 5000lbs EV that has better handling.

I would love to be proven wrong however. Competition is good.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Where are those quotes taken from?
Exactly. As nice as the range, tech and materials may be - it'll never be a Porsche. There is no substitute......

OP
OP

ChalkTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The Lucid is one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen. I don't care if it drives exactly like a 911 and has twice the range of a Taycan, I'd never be caught in the driver seat of one.

Also exactly zero of the other "reviews" I've seen have shared his enthusiasm for the handling.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
The Lucid is one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen. I don't care if it drives exactly like a 911 and has twice the range of a Taycan, I'd never be caught in the driver seat of one.

Also exactly zero of the other "reviews" I've seen have shared his enthusiasm for the handling.
The way he answered those questions in his Instagram sound like he holds a grudge or something against the Taycan.

Don’t care how many other cars he has driven. Unbiased opinions are pretty much nowhere to find these days.
Sponsored