hkarthik

First Name
Karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S White
Country flag
even professionals can have weird takes on a vehicle that don’t agree with the owners or market consensus. The initial reviews of the McLaren 765LT look nothing like the owners’ consensus. It’s still not clear how well the 992 gt3 will fare on typical public roads, but whatever the answer is about half of these professional reviews will be wrong.
Incentives for pro reviewers are often skewed towards making brands look better, until the reviewer is so well known and respected, that they can't be bought. But no brand really wants to support the rise of such a reviewer, which is why they are pretty rare.

That's why for years, I've relied on forums and communities like this one for vehicle information. This is where you get the real deal with the good and the bad. And the long term ownership experience in the real world. But these communities can lose a lot of credibility when the fanboys completely take over, which is exactly what happened with most of the Tesla forums.
Sponsored

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Interested to see more reviews. Tough to believe it handles better than a Taycan. Does it look like a badly styled Lincoln MKZ or is that just me? And that steering wheel! The more the merrier though.
100% on your description... the styling alone is a deal breaker for me!

Reactions: cfp

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
The lucid is more like a tesla model S than a Taycan, I don't think that it will impact on the taycan. the competitor for the taycan is the audi etron which will impact on taycan rwd sales
Interesting that you would say eTron is a Taycan competitor but Lucid or Model S is not. Personally I've been driving Model S's since 2013, now looking to get a Taycan CT, but if eTron GT RS had a hatch, I might have gone for that instead. I'm not really considering Lucid but that is primarily because they are a fresh company and having experienced this with Tesla over the last 8 years, I'm ready for a grown up company. I also don't like Lucid styling much, but who knows, in a few years they might have a car I will want.

farazkhu2

First Name
Fa Fa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 750i, Taycan
Country flag
Before I bought my Taycan, I checked out Lucid in their showroom. I inspected the Lucid car for 5 minutes and decided that it was not for me. It had a 2-tone color scheme (reminded me of Buick), the trunk had a very tiny opening, and overall felt like a big boat. Lucid and Taycan are trying to target different audiences, IMO. Maybe Lucid is going after the S class market. Lucid may have more power, more range, more LCD screen, but I would still buy a Taycan.
Agreed, it will never be a Porsche!

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The lucid is more like a tesla model S than a Taycan, I don't think that it will impact on the taycan. the competitor for the taycan is the audi etron which will impact on taycan rwd sales
I mean,...the E-Tron is a Taycan with different lipstick, that comes from the same mothership.