First Name
Olav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have a CT turbo
I didnt spec 22kw charging as I still never have had any use for it.
I have an Easee charger home, which charges 7.2kw/h which is enough. At our cabin I use the Porsche Mobile Charger, which is slow, but I only charge for one night which is enough to get home again.

Electric charging cover is not really recommended, having air ducts improve range, track performance and you will have no issues when it gets extremely cold. In fact this option was the primary reason I decided against getting a Turbo S. Watch this:
Sponsored

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
I would say heat pump.
I only did two component ceramic for the paint job. I assume that and keeping distance to traffic in front should reduce the amount of impact.

Regarding the electric charge ports, I opted this for my car, and should they fail to operate in our climate, that’s really not a me problem, but a Porsche problem and they are going to have to solve that one.

joacimli

First Name
Joacim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sport Turismo M22 (2:nd Taycan), Porsche 968, 1992
Country flag
I have the 22 kW option, I don't really need it at home even though I have the infrastructure to support it, but as @Scandinavian says it is good to have when at destinations or when travelling outside the DC charger network coverage. I made a trip from Stockholm to Umeå and back during early autumn and charging possibilities in Umeå was very sparse to say the least.

Regarding PIRM, I have it and I'm happy with the way it acts, I cannot complain with what it has provided in routing and so far.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I have a CT turbo
I didnt spec 22kw charging as I still never have had any use for it.
I have an Easee charger home, which charges 7.2kw/h which is enough. At our cabin I use the Porsche Mobile Charger, which is slow, but I only charge for one night which is enough to get home again.

Electric charging cover is not really recommended, having air ducts improve range, track performance and you will have no issues when it gets extremely cold. In fact this option was the primary reason I decided against getting a Turbo S. Watch this:
There is some discussion in another recent thread if the air channels behind the front wheel really do anything for aerodynamics.

I wonder if it will have a major effect on range.

I prefer the look and function of the automatic charge cover. I hope I won’t be sorry the first time I am stuck somewhere with a non functioning cover. Still can cancel this option until next week.

Porsche Taycan Must have options in Sweden / Nordics 1E3CEFB9-866E-44E4-ACBA-600AB6AD7744

Runestone

First Name
Sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
22 kW can be useful, but marginally so I would say. 22 kW is not enough for a charge only stop or even a lunch. On the other hand is 11 kW enough for an overnight charge. I didn't take the 22 kW, but I didn't think so much about it when ordering.

If you have a 3x25 A main fuse you won't be able to support 22 kW at home. I have 3x25 and charging at 11 kW is sometimes at the limit. I have blown a main fuse when charging, running the heat pump washing machine etc. So normally run my charging station at reduced power.

Last edited:

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
22 kW can be useful, but marginally so I would say. 22 kW is not enough for a charge only stop or even a lunch.
That might be with a Bricklunch in Sweden, but here in France a quite normal lunch lasts some 2 hours????

OP
OP

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo, BMW 330e
Country flag
I hadn't thought whether my home supply could actually supply 22kW (it's 3x25 but might be at 400v because the previous owner had lots of machinery here and the sockets are for 400 volts, but the bill says 3x25). But I am likely to end up with two electric cars and I don't think even with the increasing the supply to the next level and having solar I will be able to supply 22kW to one with the other plugged in. Together with the amount of electricity I can potentially use in the house as I went a bit mad with how many circuits we have - 9 that come in to the kitchen alone I don't think I will ever use 22kW.

I looked at some destinations that I would be likely to go to and not all supply even 22kW and it might be better to try and use DC chargers on the way.
Sponsored