Mustart Charger Review

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
EV's are best used as daily drivers. Charge them at night at home (or at work during the day), just like your cell phone, and you'll never look back. Road Trips take a lot of planning, incur about 20% time penalty (vs ICE), but some folks enjoy the "challenge" anyway...

Your choice of charger will have little impact on your daily usage pattern.

You will want a charger for use at home (if possible), and maybe one to throw in the trunk (if you need it for longer trips). This could be the same unit if you choose wisely.

Note that you will want to be using high power public chargers on road trips. If you have to reach into your trunk for that "Travel Charger" you're already in trouble. (You could also be at your final destination and don't care if it takes "forever" to get a charge...)
yeah i'm thinking 99% home charging for daily driving within 25 mi radius from my home. will prob just stick with the PMCC for now since i was able to get some of the cost subsidized.
Sponsored

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
yeah i'm thinking 99% home charging for daily driving within 25 mi radius from my home. will prob just stick with the PMCC for now since i was able to get some of the cost subsidized.
Why limit your radius? 200 miles goes a long way for daily driving...

I'm guessing your comfort factor will expand drammatically once you see how well 200+ miles will serve you... Particularly if you plug in anytime/everytime your car is parked at home (not just at night). Range Anxiety is pretty much non-existent with 200+ miles of range...

I go back and forth to my speed shop in Chicago all the time with my Model-X or Taycan (on a single charge). Its about 70 miles each way. No worries in either vehicle...

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Why limit your radius? 200 miles goes a long way for daily driving...

I'm guessing your comfort factor will expand drammatically once you see how well 200+ miles will serve you... Particularly if you plug in anytime/everytime your car is parked at home (not just at night). Range Anxiety is pretty much non-existent with 200+ miles of range...

I go back and forth to my speed shop in Chicago all the time with my Model-X or Taycan (on a single charge). Its about 70 miles each way. No worries in either vehicle...
oh i wasn't meaning to say i'm limiting myself to 25 miles ... just thinking how i would drive it. i live in the city (Chicago) so I don't really get out very far unless i need to visit someone in the burbs

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
oh i wasn't meaning to say i'm limiting myself to 25 miles ... just thinking how i would drive it. i live in the city (Chicago) so I don't really get out very far unless i need to visit someone in the burbs
Cool!

Ever get out to the Autobahn Country Club in Joliet?

I run my M4 Track Car there. Really great members and staff. Unlimited access to a real Race Track (we have 2) pretty much anytime you want it (except Mondays). Sessions for Street Cars, Track Cars, and Race Cars...

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Cool!

Ever get out to the Autobahn Country Club in Joliet?

I run my M4 Track Car there. Really great members and staff. Unlimited access to a real Race Track (we have 2) pretty much anytime you want it (except Mondays). Sessions for Street Cars, Track Cars, and Race Cars...
i have been there but just for an event where you get to drive super cars on the track. it was loads of fun but i've yet to dive into tracking cars for hobby.... not sure i have the time or money for it haha

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
i have been there but just for an event where you get to drive super cars on the track. it was loads of fun but i've yet to dive into tracking cars for hobby.... not sure i have the time or money for it haha
Yeah, it can be addictive and expensive...

Save my username and drop me a PM after April 1 (when the club opens again for the season) if you want to put your Taycan (or Panny) out on the track. We'll see if we can work something out...