Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 s
Country flag
So Ive had the Taycan for 2 weeks and heres my thoughts so far :

Im starting with the bad because thats whats tempted me to post:

The Bad :

The connect App totally sucks. I cant log in most of the times and the functionality is completely pants. Im missing 20 odd services that the car is capable of because it cant log into my account ( I spent an hour and half at my local OPC and they couldnt get it to work)

The AC isnt particularly effective and the control for the flow direction is just useless. Why the direction needs to be screen controlled is beyond me.

The reversing camera is poor and looks like a picture produced on an early smartphone.

The boot (trunk) closing is hyper sensitive if anything is remotely near it.

It never remembers settings I make like auto regeneration mode always reverts to off etc. ( yes I am logged in to my account on the car)

The panoramic roof is purely for back seat passengers as you dont notice it at all when driving

The Good :

Controling the passenger seat with driver seat controls is genius ( I have a 6 year old daughter and makes adjustments easy when needed without getting out the car) ( and yes shes in a correct child seat and yes shes is allowed to sit in the front seat )

The electronic sound is actually lots of fun

The drive is very very smooth

The delivery of power is exceptional and the car is very rigid and stable

Seats are great

The Screens are really clear and sharp.

Range is good and true

Im sure ive missed stuff but thats a quick precis of two weeks of Taycan in the UK after about 600 miles

Ian
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
So Ive had the Taycan for 2 weeks and heres my thoughts so far :

Im starting with the bad because thats whats tempted me to post:

The connect App totally sucks. I cant log in most of the times and the functionality is completely pants. Im missing 20 odd services that the car is capable of because it cant log into my account ( I spent an hour and half at my local OPC and they couldnt get it to work)

The AC isnt particularly effective and the control for the flow direction is just useless. Why the direction needs to be screen controlled is beyond me.

The reversing camera is poor and looks like a picture produced on an early smartphone.

The boot (trunk) closing is hyper sensitive if anything is remotely near it.

It never remembers settings I make like auto regeneration mode always reverts to off etc. ( yes I am logged in to my account on the car)

The panoramic roof is purely for back seat passengers as you dont notice it at all when driving

The Good :

Controling the passenger seat with driver seat controls is genius ( I have a 6 year old daughter and makes adjustments easy when needed without getting out the car) ( and yes shes in a correct child seat and yes shes is allowed to sit in the front seat )

The electronic sound is actually lots of fun

The drive is very very smooth

The delivery of power is exceptional and the car is very rigid and stable

Seats are great

The Screens are really clear and sharp.

Range is good and true

Im sure ive missed stuff but thats a quick precis of two weeks of Taycan in the UK after about 600 miles

Ian

Ive had mine 3 weeks too and agree on the point about the connect app - hardly works apart from telling me charge status.

A/C is set to ECO as standard - go in to the settings and change it to MAX AC - this works a treat for me.

My reversing camera is the same - it's fuzzy too but just about does the job - unacceptable for a car of this price. Hope there is a fix soon - dealer is aware.

Same with my boot trunk - hoping it can be adjusted.

Auto regen off and sports sound always defaults to off - hoping a firmware update can fix this soon

Pan roof is great - I love it as without it the car would be pretty dark even though the real benefit is for the passengers. This is the case on most cars nowadays though - same with my wife's Evoque and my Range Rover too.

I also find the steering sensors too be too sensitive - I keep getting reminded to put my hands on the steering wheel even though I am holding the wheel.

All said and done I would not replace it for anything right now - love it!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I can agree with you on most details except the A/C. I have had no problems along the south coast of France in 30 to 35 degrees heat. It has done what it should do. The adjustments for the ventilation is something to get used to and a bit over engineered, I will agree.

I hve not had any problems with the boot/trunk. Works fine for me.

I have the same issue as discussed with the app and find it of no use at all. I have quite a lot of problems with the navigation system though. Takes me down roads that are just for pedestrians. Take me on some cul de sac. And the InnoDrive linked with the speed limits gets very confused at times. As long as it sees signs on motorway it is correct. When there is a stretch of roadworks, it identifies this correctly, but when it ends it gets confused and wrong speed limit.

I also get a lot of incorrect messages about nearing a toll booth when there is none for maybe 15 km.

So the car, as everyone has said is a pleasure and fun to drive. Handles extremely well for such a heavy car and the suspension is superb. But all the apps and support systems in the infotainment leave quite a bit of room for improvement!

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Welcome aboard. Yes, I agree on (almost) all points.

I’m ok with the AC system (once I figured it out).

The connect app is horribly slow, often fails to connect, and the route planning section is laughably awful.

The reversing camera looks like my BMW’s from 2000. Compared to the video quality of backup cameras (enhanced by NVidia chips, by the way) in current BMWs, the Taycan is pretty bad. But, I’ve gotten used to it.

The trunk is sensitive because the trunk lid interior slopes at about a 45° angle. You can’t put anything tall all the way against the back edge.

Last edited:

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Great thread of some real life experiences. Thank you.

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
Just a quick clarification on this, do any of you have the 360 cameras? I'm trying to figure out if this feedback concerns the cars with just reverse camera or also cars with the 360.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just a quick clarification on this, do any of you have the 360 cameras? I'm trying to figure out if this feedback concerns the cars with just reverse camera or also cars with the 360.
360° for me.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
360 for me and the camera is not so good, as others have stated.

You can do a lot of things with the 360 though and that takes some time to get used to. The camera at the rear has a nice feature with a washer also. But the display quality needs improvement to really be useful.

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Only had mine for a week. I'm not keen on the infotainment system in general or A/C controls. Not very intuitive or well designed. I also turned the heated seats on by accident twice, didn't realize until I was suddenly very warm! A couple other small complaints . . .

No dedicated buttons for Homelink means taking one of your programmable buttons to do it.

No auto sensing windshield wipers, which my last car had and I liked. But it does have a rear camera cleaning function, which will be great in winter.

The rear camera hasn't bothered me too much, I agree the visibility isn't as good as it could be. I've been trying to learn to use the surround view instead of the rear view, which is kind of cool and helpful.

Still, I like the car more than I thought I would, very happy with it overall. If it had wireless carplay that would be a real improvement as I don't care to use the built in NAV or Music for now, but I forget to plug my phone in half the time and end up trying to do it on the fly, not the best/safest.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No dedicated buttons for Homelink means taking one of your programmable buttons to do it.

No auto sensing windshield wipers, which my last car had and I liked. But it does have a rear camera cleaning function, which will be great in winter.

I think the Homelink can be set up to automatically pop up based on GPS location. I did it for my Mom's house in California... but I only used it once.

Mine has Autosensing windshield wipers. I assumed all do. (I was just using them on Monday!)

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
ahh, there you go . . . I'm sure mine does too. thanks.

edited to ask: so it looks like the rain sensor and the interval function somehow mesh into one? how does this work?

Last edited:

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It's actually kind of ironic.. for all the comparisons to Tesla the Taycan really shares so much more in common with the iPace, including the questionable software & cameras.

The iPace got a lot of OTA updates that helped, although the system was much worse to begin with (practically unusable at first). The Jaguar connect app was also complete garbage.
Sponsored