My 2020 4S MSRP $149k, loaner 2020 4S MSRP $113k. My opinion on what options are really important after driving a stripper 4S for a few days.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Is the partial leather a different quality than the full leather (the typical grainy automotive leather vs smooth leather)? Or does the full just give you more coverage? I really like the soft smooth leather in my Range Rover sport and would hate to go back to grainy leather. Seems like a small thing but once you've had nice leather it's hard to go back. That being said, I'm not sure I can stomach the 4k that Porsche wants for it (If i choose to spend another 4k there will always be other options that I'll likely choose before i add full leather).
It's worth it. More so than 4K worth of innodrive, night vision, HUD, glacier blue lights, etc... and those other options that really aren't that life-changing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dr Chill

Dr Chill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2008 911 Turbo, 2009 911 Turbo Cab
Country flag
It's worth it. More so than 4K worth of innodrive, night vision, HUD, glacier blue lights, etc... and those other options that really aren't that life-changing.
Agreed!!! Innodrive is a waste of a thousand dollars. Night vision unnecessary too.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
This thread has been very very helpful. I have been in a config dilemma.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMA7BQJ4

Tell me what you guys think of this configuration.

It’s subjective, I know, but let me know thoughts about white vs red interior.

I have the ACC option picked. Are innodrive and intelligent range meter OTA software purchase one can make later? If so, is it a monthly sub and can one turn on and off and pay as one goes?

Power folding mirrors are used less than one thinks. 99% of the time I see them in use after car is parked (pressing lock button).

I never adjust the lumbar on my seats so trying to stick to 8 way

The one thing I keep debating is massaging seats. Now I know that’s a costly options that upgrades to 14 way, ventilated seats too. How great are the massaging seats??

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

I have the ACC option picked. Are innodrive and intelligent range meter OTA software purchase one can make later? If so, is it a monthly sub and can one turn on and off and pay as one goes?

Power folding mirrors are used less than one thinks. 99% of the time I see them in use after car is parked (pressing lock button).

The one thing I keep debating is massaging seats. Now I know that’s a costly options that upgrades to 14 way, ventilated seats too. How great are the massaging seats??
I ordered red interior and if you're thinking about it - just do it. It's great. Electric sound is a waste of $500 IMO. I've experienced 8-way, 14-way, 18-way seats. FWIW my Taycan has 14 and my Cayenne GTS has 18. Good choice on the BOSE. The standard 150W system just doesn't cut the mustard.

Porsche website will tell you which features are subscriptions.

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
I ordered red interior and if you're thinking about it - just do it. It's great. Electric sound is a waste of $500 IMO. I've experienced 8-way, 14-way, 18-way seats. FWIW my Taycan has 14 and my Cayenne GTS has 18. Good choice on the BOSE. The standard 150W system just doesn't cut the mustard.

Porsche website will tell you which features are subscriptions.
I have heard the structure and the actual seat of 8 way and 14 way seats is exactly the same. The 14 way just adds lumbar and some adjustments. In your opinion is it worth that extra? Any comments on massaging seats?

I know it’s all personal preference at the end if the day, would like to know your rationale and experience.

Point taken about the electric sound. I see your point. It’s actually more to entertain my kids. I want to joke that we are the Jetsons. Lol.

Much appreciated.

Last edited:

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have heard the structure and the actual seat of 8 way and 14 way seats ars exactly the same. The 14 way just adds lumbar. In your opinion is it worth that extra? Any comments on massaging seats?

I know it’s all personal preference at the end if the day, would like to know your rationale and experience.

Point taken about the electric sound. I see your point. It’s actually more to entertain my kids. I want to joke that we are the Jetsons. Lol.

Much appreciated.
MY 991.2 has standard seats. Can be a bit uncomfortable, at least for 6'3" me, after hours of driving.
Cayenne with 18-way feels much more supportive by offering cushion extensions (for long legs) and bolster adjustments. They are ventilated as well. 14-way backs differ by being wider and offer side adjustments. (7 more funcitons) No feedback on massage feature in Porsches since I have never experienced them.

OP
OP
Dr Chill

Dr Chill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2008 911 Turbo, 2009 911 Turbo Cab
Country flag

I have massaging seats on my Audi A8L and find that the novelty has worn off and never use it anymore. I find the 18 way seats on my 991.2 TTS to be more comfortable than the 14 way seats on my Taycan. The lower cushion extension on the 18 way seats is definitely a nice addition. If I am ordering the car new, I would go with the 18 ways. The 8 way seats in the loaner need more lumbar support IMO. They are adequate though if money is a real factor.

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
My advice is to get fewer options and spend your money on a 4S instead.
My advice is to get fewer options and spend your money on a 4S instead.
Thanks Dr Chill...similar to what I said to the wife. Only problem is that she will be driving it half the time and insists on Pan roof, reversing cameras, bose and privacy glass. The other stuff I added but guess I'd do without to get a 4s!!
Think I'll end up with the RWD which I think is a pretty awesome car

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
I have massaging seats on my Audi A8L and find that the novelty has worn off and never use it anymore. I find the 18 way seats on my 991.2 TTS to be more comfortable than the 14 way seats on my Taycan. The lower cushion extension on the 18 way seats is definitely a nice addition. If I am ordering the car new, I would go with the 18 ways. The 8 way seats in the loaner need more lumbar support IMO. They are adequate though if money is a real factor.
So is it just the addtional thigh support you find more comfortable on your 991's seats? In my brief test drive on a car with 14 way seats I thought the seats felt overly firm (but not in a good way). Some of the most comfortable seats I've ever experienced have been in Porsches so that surprised me (mostly 911s).

Last edited:

seskiyapan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Was so close to ordering my base Rwd with 9k (gbp) of extras. I don’t want to pay for a massive spec so have gone for basics until wife added a few bits!
ive gone turbo aero wheels
Bose sound
Standard half leather
Steel sprung suspension
Privacy windows
Folding wing mirrors
Metallic paint
Driver memory package
Sport sound
Power steering
Reverse camera
Panoramic roof
I’m open to any advice. I currently drive one of the first 997 carrera which I love but know times have moved on.
Sorry if this is wrong place but my first forum post!
I would definitely spec the air suspension. Coming from a 997 myself, my 4S with air suspension standard the car feels like a Merc S class or even better . This is the best thing that I love in this car .

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
I would definitely spec the air suspension. Coming from a 997 myself, my 4S with air suspension standard the car feels like a Merc S class or even better . This is the best thing that I love in this car .
I did think about the air suspension but from reading other reviews the springs don't seem too bad? Speed bumps are the only thing that worries me about the springs suspension though lol

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
+2
Sponsored