My 3D printed Taycan phone holder

da2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
@da2 this has not been printed correctly and also not completed (open side).
Would not recommend using it, as the edges look rough and could damage your leather.
yes looks like it needs to be redone, this was just a test as this was the first time the printer was used!
the open side was the bottom, ie printed first, will give it aonother go
Thank you
Porsche Taycan My 3D printed Taycan phone holder IMG_FA08307D003E-1
Sponsored

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
following up, anyone willing to print one for me and/or print it at a third-party company an ship me an extra one? Happy to pay for the cost + your time + shipping.

Please PM me if you are willing to help me out as I don't have a printer and don't really know what I am doing to send the file into a company that will print it for me on their machine.

Thanks in advance,

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
following up, anyone willing to print one for me and/or print it at a third-party company an ship me an extra one? Happy to pay for the cost + your time + shipping.

Please PM me if you are willing to help me out as I don't have a printer and don't really know what I am doing to send the file into a company that will print it for me on their machine.

Thanks in advance,
I second @TycanNewHampshire. My only question would be do we have the ability to select the color?

blulite

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag

Thanks in advance,
If you want one, here are instructions:

1. Send PM to @Axdenied and ask for the .STL file (per his request at the beginning of this thread).
  2. Go to https://www.shapeways.com/create
  3. Upload the STL file, and order one.

I selected Versatile Plastic, Black, Natural for my holder:

Porsche Taycan My 3D printed Taycan phone holder Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 2.36.07 PM

Last edited:

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you want one, here are instructions:

1. Send PM to axdenied and ask for the .STL file (per his request at the beginning of this thread).
  2. Go to https://www.shapeways.com/create
  3. Upload the STL file, and order one.

I selected Versatile Plastic, Black, Natural for my holder:

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 2.36.07 PM.png
@blulite did you go with the natural finish? I would think the Premium would be a bit better as it smooths out the finish (worrying about scratch on the car interior).

MJDCT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
That’s cost!!!! I think it would have cost me maybe 15p to print that. Those companies like shapeways are taking the piss right..

OP
OP
Axdenied

Axdenied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi all, files have been posted earlier in this thread here

Agree the prices of shapeways are crazy…. and would not recommend a low print quality as this could damage the leather trim. You need a smooth surface without rough edges.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s cost!!!! I think it would have cost me maybe 15p to print that. Those companies like shapeways are taking the piss right..
Did I miss something in their pricing? $33? Sounds cheap to me.

Satyricon

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s CT
Country flag
Maybe slightly off-topic, just curious if someone has experience with this: is the magsafe magnet strong enough to hold an iPhone 12pro max when driving, braking etc… or do you need a more physical phone holder. The magnet seems strong. can’t try it yet, waiting on my 4sct to arrive in about 3 weeks….according to latest info ?

blulite

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Maybe slightly off-topic, just curious if someone has experience with this: is the magsafe magnet strong enough to hold an iPhone 12pro max when driving, braking etc… or do you need a more physical phone holder. The magnet seems strong. can’t try it yet, waiting on my 4sct to arrive in about 3 weeks….according to latest info ?
I’m using it per some photos above. I’ve done some Launch Control and hard braking and have had no problems.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just ordered mine from Shapeway.com. There is a promo code MYFIRSTPRINT saved me almost 15% on the whole order. Was $79.21 all in and discount was $10.39 making it $68.82 (US) shipped to me.

I went with the Versatile Plastic, Black, and I select Premium (doubles the price) as I wanted it as smooth as possible to not scratch my interior. I intend to mount a magsafe on it to hold the phone and allow me to charge if on a longer trip since Waze drains my phone battery.

Delivery is Nov 2. Will post pics once it arrives. Thanks @Axdenied for the 3D file and @blulite for the web link and the plastic (I had no idea which one to pick).
Sponsored

Last edited: