blulite

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Are you using apple magsafe charger? looks not? because that one should be white?

and is the cable long enough to connect to the central box? how did you get the cable into the central box?

thanks.
  • I am using an Apple MagSafe.
  • Cable is about 4 inches short, so I bought an extension on Amazon.
  • I painted the whole cable black, it came out great.
  • I bought a skin (aka a sticker) to cover the white center.
  • It sits in a modified black holder that both hides the silver and allows for cooling. holder
Sponsored

Last edited:

xqdong

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD 2022
Country flag
  • I am using an Apple MagSafe.
  • Cable is about 4 inches short, so I bought an extension on Amazon.
  • I painted the whole cable black, came out great.
  • I bought a skin (aka a sticker) to cover the white center.
  • It sits in a modified black holder that both hides the silver and allows for cooling.
Sounds good idea! How did you get cable into the box? Is it long enough?

sun

First Name
Sun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is anyone getting key not detected after installing the holder with magnet? I was at the dealer for the airbag recall and mentioned this to them and they said it was due to the magnet. I've heard folks have issues with replacing the battery all the time and they replaced mine 3 months ago as the door handles weren't popping out. I can't tell if it's the battery or the magnet. I guess I'll find out in the next week or so.

Bernard Lim

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Thanks for the file .. I just have it printed and curing it now. Hopefully I can fit it soon.

Porsche Taycan My 3D printed Taycan phone holder IMG_1207.JPG

kanthai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
All of you guys have already got a solution for an iPhone with the MagSafe mounted on Axdenied's clip.

The problem is I have the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 and it is gorgeous, makes my life easier not having to lug both tablet and kindle around. I wouldn't have traded it for any iPhone!

I've tried making a MagSafe holder/clip for my phone but the charging got interrupted whenever the car is moving, relocating the MagSafe around didn't help. The charging is slower too.

I've got my old Qi wireless charger for my phone from my previous car. It worked perfectly for charging the Fold 3, but lacked a place to put it on a Taycan.

I've created a connector to connect it to Axdenied's Taycan clip and it works perfectly for me.
(I have to elongate the clip a bit to accommodate the thickness of the felt I used)

It is on Thingiverse as well!

Porsche Taycan My 3D printed Taycan phone holder IMG_0011

Porsche Taycan My 3D printed Taycan phone holder IMG_0012

Porsche Taycan My 3D printed Taycan phone holder IMG_0015

ff2kracer

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 Spyder and TCT Turbo
Country flag
Printed @Axdenied's brilliant part (Shapeways) and VHB'd a MagSafe charger. Perfect!

Porsche Taycan My 3D printed Taycan phone holder IMG_5990.JPG

Porsche Taycan My 3D printed Taycan phone holder IMG_5989.JPG

MJDCT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Porsche Taycan My 3D printed Taycan phone holder image

Anyone in the Uk want to buy these? £25 posted. DM me. First come takes it. UK postage only.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
If anyone is looking for a more premium solution, I can confirm that this print worked great together with the Peak Design car mount that they just released. There's both a charging version and a thinner non-charging version.

https://www.peakdesign.com/products/car-mount?variant=39469260996685

It might be possible to just attach right onto the dash, but I was too much of a coward to essentially glue something on the expensive leather so this print worked great here!

I just printed it as is and it works, but if I would redo it I would probably measure the foot of the mount and resize it slightly in the slicer before printing. The mount is slightly larger than the model, but it doesn't really affect any functionality and you probably won't even notice it if you don't outright inspect it closeup.

What's cool is that they even have a case to make it compatible with Samsung phones if you don't have a MagSafe iPhone.

I'll make sure to post some photos later.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
A bit late (have been working remotely so I haven’t left the apartment for a few days), but here‘s a photo of how it looks like:

Porsche Taycan My 3D printed Taycan phone holder 566F9FB7-98F7-4A27-9190-F75551399CAF
Sponsored