TaycanATL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4s, Tesla X Performance, F150
Country flag
I picked up my '21 4s in Neptune Blue (color was stunning in person - pics below) at the Porsche Experience Center last week. Really fun experience. Started with a tour of the museum where they had a Porsche in the movies exhibit (including the 928 from Risky Business and the 356 from Top Gun). Then a really impressive lunch at their restaurant overlooking the track. Next came the delivery of my car where they take you to a special suite of rooms set up just for you and my car was veiled with a car cover that they ceremoniously whipped off.

Next, I spent 90 minutes on the track with an instructor in one of their cars. The driving was truly impressive. The only question in my mind before was whether I would regret not getting the Turbo since my wife's Tesla X Performance is faster 0-60. But any doubts were dispelled. Not only was the acceleration in Sport Mode whiplash producing, the cornering abilities of this car were astounding. Also unexpected was how difficult it was to get in trouble with the car, even on the polished concrete wet skidpad. You had to turn off traction control and really try hard to spin the car, which I did of course.

Overall, the car initially felt like a heavy sedan (I've owned M5s and an M3 in the past and this feels heavier) but its low center of gravity combined with rear wheel steering made it fee like I was in a go cart on the track. The more I drove it, the more confident I became in its preciseness. Very fun and ,in my opinion, the most beautiful sedan in the world.

While I was driving their car, they took mine around the PEC for a photo shoot (see below) before handing it over to me. Overall, kudus to Porsche and the PEC for a fantastic car and really fun day.

P.S. Of the many options I ordered, my favorites today are the thermally insulated glass (very quiet) and rear wheel steering which makes parking deceptively easy.

Porsche Taycan My 4s (Neptune Blue) delivery at PEC Atlanta IMG_4472.JPG
Porsche Taycan My 4s (Neptune Blue) delivery at PEC Atlanta IMG_4416.JPG

Porsche Taycan My 4s (Neptune Blue) delivery at PEC Atlanta IMG_4439.JPG
Porsche Taycan My 4s (Neptune Blue) delivery at PEC Atlanta IMG_4339.JPG

Porsche Taycan My 4s (Neptune Blue) delivery at PEC Atlanta IMG_4429.JPG

Last edited:

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Beautiful and congrats. You have great taste in colors. I get so many compliments on Neptune. It really is striking. I also did PEC in LA last month (on my 992) and I agree it’s such an amazing experience. Highly recommended.

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
No pan roof :like:

Makes me feel better for not getting one ?

Taycans look so much better in the flesh.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Picture me drooling....

A quick question: can one book a session at the PEC post purchase and delivery? I'd love a hands on tutorial.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
OP
OP
TaycanATL

TaycanATL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No pan roof :like:

Makes me feel better for not getting one ?

Taycans look so much better in the flesh.
Living in Atlanta with our summers, I was afraid the glass roof would roast me. My wife had to get a mesh screen to install with her glass roof in her Tesla because the sun would get too intense. I agree that it looks clean without it too.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
https://www.porschedriving.com/los-angeles/driving

Yup. I would recommend asking your dealership to help you out, they might be able to get you a more VIP experience than just the driving session.
Great suggestion--I'll do that.

I did a bit of research and you can book a Taycan experience after purchase and delivery. Here's the link:

https://www.porschedriving.com/los-angeles/driving/taycan4s

And here's the kicker; I called the PECLA and the gent I spoke to told me if you're local to California use the discount code LOCAL20 and get a 20% discount on your experience. It may apply to other locales, but definitely California. Not sure when this deal expires.

Last edited:

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
Congrats on your new Taycan and thanks for the writeup of your experience. Porsche did a special event for GT3 owners shortly after the Atlanta PEC opened in 2014 and it was terrific. I wish I could have arranged to pick up my forthcoming 4S at the LA center but just couldn't make it work.

I especially enjoyed reading your impressions of the 4S's performance; they help reinforce my own decision. Also, I think you made a good choice on the aluminum roof. I really like the look of the car with it and it's how I ordered mine. Enjoy!

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Great suggestion--I'll do that.

I did a bit of research and you can book a Taycan experience after purchase and delivery. Here's the link:

https://www.porschedriving.com/los-angeles/driving/taycan4s

And here's the kicker; I called the PECLA and the gent I spoke to told me if you're local to California use the discount code LOCAL20 and get a 20% discount on your experience. It may apply to other locales, but definitely California. Not sure when this deal expires.
It works with PECATL so if you want to go to this on the East Coast use LOCAL20.

Guy A

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW X7
Country flag
Hi and congrats on your beautiful new Taycan. I am about to order mine in Neptune as well :) is the interior you went with Chalk Beige? I am leaning towards Bambile (dark purplish)

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I went with whats called "Blackberry / Slate Grey two-tone leather interior" in Ireland for my Neptune Blue car. I really like it and if you're leaning towards the Blackberry/Bramble then give it a consideration.

I think the dual-tone interiors are better than the single color –but in this variation there is still a lot of the blackberry color: doors, roof, side pilars, dashboard, wheel, etc. The lower dash and the seats are grey.

I ordered it sight unseen and am super happy. It will be a rare combination!

Porsche Taycan My 4s (Neptune Blue) delivery at PEC Atlanta IMG_0910

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Hi and congrats on your beautiful new Taycan. I am about to order mine in Neptune as well :) is the interior you went with Chalk Beige? I am leaning towards Bambile (dark purplish)
I have limestone/black and it looks awesome!

Porsche Taycan My 4s (Neptune Blue) delivery at PEC Atlanta 7D8A7BA7-2EA1-4EB3-A3E1-6DBDE9494BE1

OP
OP
TaycanATL

TaycanATL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My interior is limestone like RCorsa's above. The lighting in our pics is different and so the beige tones come out more in mine.

Porsche Taycan My 4s (Neptune Blue) delivery at PEC Atlanta tempImagetZeL5f
Sponsored