My battery range says 208 miles… shouldn't it be 250 miles?

LewChappers

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Just collected my taycan rwd with the plus battery. Range says 208… I was under the illusion it should be more 250 odd. Any ideas??
Sponsored

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Brand new? It will take a few weeks/miles to activate the regen which will give you some miles. It will also adapt to your driving style/schedule and driving types. And if you're in the UK it's getting cold, so obviously range goes down. According to the range calculator, a RWD with the settings in the picture, will get 194 miles range
Porsche Taycan My battery range says 208 miles… shouldn't it be 250 miles? Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 09.18.12

Reactions: B61

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Brand new? It will take a few weeks/miles to activate the regen which will give you some miles. It will also adapt to your driving style/schedule and driving types. And if you're in the UK it's getting cold, so obviously range goes down. According to the range calculator, a RWD with the settings in the picture, will get 194 miles range
Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 09.18.12.png
you haven't got the plus battery ticked here though

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just collected my taycan rwd with the plus battery. Range says 208… I was under the illusion it should be more 250 odd. Any ideas??
It depends a lot on temperature and tyre size too. Also at first the system doesn't use much regeneration to make sure the new discs and pads are properly bedded in, so range is worse when new.
I don't know whether this is just a fixed time or distance or whether there is an algorithm taking into account deceleration, the data is there, and bedding brakes can be done fairly quickly if you know how - I intend to try it when my car eventually arrives ;)

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
you haven't got the plus battery ticked here though
Good point. What I was saying was that the range didn't seem out of operational specification, especially if the car was brand new. And yeah OP didn't state what size wheels/tyres it's on.

OP
OP
LewChappers

LewChappers

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
21inch wheels with performance plus battery

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
21inch wheels with performance plus battery
So the predicted with 21” wheels, plus battery and 10 Celcius is 214 miles of mixed motorway, country and town driving with climate on, and 235 miles with climate on eco, 246 with climate off altogether.
Remember heating is the only accessory which uses significant power.
The wide tyres knock about 5% range off compared to standard.

im85288a

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST
Country flag
To echo what has been mentioned above the range in winter/cold temps is significantly less than what will be seen in summer/warmer temps. The good news here is that you will see your range increase in about 5 months once we get past the cold temperatures....your battery drain through the night/when left standing will also be less in warm temperatures.

Disclaimer - Basing all this on my current Tesla EV that I have had for 3 years, like many others waiting on my Taycan to get a 12V battery...but expect battery tech to be near enough the same for the above to be correct.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
The good news here is that you will see your range increase in about 5 months once we get past the cold temperatures....your battery drain through the night/when left standing will also be less in warm temperatures.
The amazing thing with the Taycan is that battery drain is close to zero. Even after 4 to 5 weeks there is hardly any change in charge levels. Teslas seem to be online much more

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Exactly one week ago I collected my RWD Taycan with the Performance Battery Plus and 21" RS Spyder rims. I've driven it 326 km in those seven days, with mixed driving. I charged it back to 100% last night, and the range is now predicted to be 360 km, which is 224 miles.

Since collecting the car, I charged it twice (once to try the Ionity charger near Liege, and the second time to charge it up to 100%). The figures are below:

Distance driven: 307.0 km
Power added: 88.07 kWh
Average cost per kWh to charge: €0.16
Total cost of the charges: €14.14
Actual power consumption: 28.7 kWh/100km
Cost per km: 4.6 € ct/km

I did a 150 km drive along a flat highway at 100 km/h, and the trip computer came back with a figure of around 20.6 kWh/100km, which would give a theoretical range of 406 km (252 miles).

Last edited:

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Congratulations - enjoy it! Your estimated range will improve as your Taycan adjusts to your driving.

When I picked up my 2022 RWD with PB+ in June 2022, the range was 212 miles at 100% SOC. Here's what it was last month:
Porsche Taycan My battery range says 208 miles… shouldn't it be 250 miles? PXL_20221001_155952675

OP
OP
LewChappers

LewChappers

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Congratulations - enjoy it! Your estimated range will improve as your Taycan adjusts to your driving.

When I picked up my 2022 RWD with PB+ in June 2022, the range was 212 miles at 100% SOC. Here's what it was last month:
PXL_20221001_155952675.jpg
311 miles, surely that’s not the same car lol

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
311 miles, surely that’s not the same car lol
It is, I promise. I switched it to Range mode and the guess-o-meter jumped up to 325 miles at 97% SOC, but that's cheating so I didn't take a picture. My most recent home charging session had 259 miles at 85% SOC.

• Wow
Reactions: B61

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Drive it, stop when you need to recharge and then drive it again. Take comfort in the fact that the range shown is pretty accurate on the Taycan, much better than the various Tesla cars I have had over the years which takes any worry away.
Sponsored