My car charges to 100% despite profiles/timers set to 80% - Advice?

mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a pmcc at home, and have timers and a profile enabled on my connect app. The timers and profile are set to charge the battery to a maximum of 80% state of charge. Unfortunately, there have been times where the car continues to charge to 100%, despite “direct charging” being off. Any advice?

Porsche Taycan My car charges to 100% despite profiles/timers set to 80% - Advice? image0

Porsche Taycan My car charges to 100% despite profiles/timers set to 80% - Advice? image1

Porsche Taycan My car charges to 100% despite profiles/timers set to 80% - Advice? image2

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Do you have a preferred charging window defined?

As it stands just now your car will charge to 80% and commence the session as soon as you connect your PMCC to the car ignoring all departure timers.

Likely this will conflict with the various departure timers you have set depending on the battery SOC when you connect the PMCC.

80% is a high minimum in the first place but not an issue in of itself. Is there a reason to have it set so high?

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
On the 1:45 Departure timer check what charge limit is defined. Same with the 2:40 as I don't see a charge limit defined.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
On the 1:45 Departure timer check what charge limit is defined. Same with the 2:40 as I don't see a charge limit defined.
I think that means they aren’t using the charging with the timer. Just the climate.

OP
OP
mrdrummergoalie

mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think that means they aren’t using the charging with the timer. Just the climate.
Exactly. These departure timers are free of any chargers or charge timers.
Also 80% minimum enables the car to charge to 80% and no further,

Dave777

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 911SC, 997C4S, Cayenne, 2022 CT4
Country flag
I had similar issue when I first tried to set up timers and profiles, and it still would go to 100%.
i found this video very helpful.

its sets the profiles from the car, but explains the logic quite well.

HockeyDad

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Why do you have your home profile set to 80%? This defeats the purpose of the timers aside from the AC timers. Try setting your home profile lower. This should work since your goal is to charge to the SOC established in the timer by the set time.

OP
OP
mrdrummergoalie

mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Why do you have your home profile set to 80%? This defeats the purpose of the timers aside from the AC timers. Try setting your home profile lower. This should work since your goal is to charge to the SOC established in the timer by the set time.
Home is a location-based profile designed to limit my state of charge to 80%. I'll try deselecting it and leaving the timers on and see what happens.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
I had the same problem. I ended up deleting all the timers and removed my 'Home' profile. Now it charges to 85% and starts charging when I plug in my car.

But I'll watch the YouTube video Dave777 recommended to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm sure I did something wrong.

OP
OP
mrdrummergoalie

mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
These departure timers are to have the car preheated only

HockeyDad

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Home is a location-based profile designed to limit my state of charge to 80%. I'll try deselecting it and leaving the timers on and see what happens.
When you use a timer the profile designates your min SOC. If you set it to 80% it will immediately charge to that. Without a timer it becomes your target SOC. Setting both a profile and timer to 80% is at best redundant. The idea is that with a timer the profile will provide a min SOC in the event you need to use the car before achieving the SOC set by the timer.
It’s confusing I know but needless to say the best way to do this is set your home profile to something like 25%-30% and your timer to 80%. That way you’ll at least have a 25%-30% charge in case you need it before fully charging and the timer will work as the clear target to 80%.

HockeyDad

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I had the same problem. I ended up deleting all the timers and removed my 'Home' profile. Now it charges to 85% and starts charging when I plug in my car.

But I'll watch the YouTube video Dave777 recommended to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm sure I did something wrong.
It’s stupid confusing but basically the profile is the min SOC when used with a timer. When no timer is selected the profile becomes the max SOC. That’s the easiest way to think about it.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Silly. I want to set up 3 levels - 85%, 50% and 90%. I can only set up ONE in general and that is 85%. Whenever I try and run the 50% it's only in local and it always charges to 100%. There should be provision to set 3 (or more) SOC and be able to easily toggle through which one you want. The local thing is dumb as shit

HockeyDad

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
BTW- The Home
Silly. I want to set up 3 levels - 85%, 50% and 90%. I can only set up ONE in general and that is 85%. Whenever I try and run the 50% it's only in local and it always charges to 100%. There should be provision to set 3 (or more) SOC and be able to easily toggle through which one you want. The local thing is dumb as shit
Honestly I do not like the profile/timer set up. You could change the target in General or set a timer assuming you are charging away from the desired profile location. Other than General the profiles really work best when used with timers. That’s not absolute but just the best way to think about it. Again it’s dumb.
Sponsored