My car has been born.

Marshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S; 2021 Macan S
Country flag
I just spoke to PCNA and they told me that my car completed production and it is at the port in Emden awaiting transport to San Diego. PCNA gave me the VIN for the car but they do not know the name of the ship the car will be transported on. PWL has not updated their website since May 3. Does anyone know if there is a way to find out what ship the car will be on based on the VIN? The car is scheduled to be at the dealer on August 7. That seems like a long time based on my previous experience with Porsche unless I just missed a ship. Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just spoke to PCNA and they told me that my car completed production and it is at the port in Emden awaiting transport to San Diego. PCNA gave me the VIN for the car but they do not know the name of the ship the car will be transported on. PWL's has not updated their website since May 3. Does anyone know if there is a way to find out what ship the car will be on based on the VIN? The car is scheduled to be at the dealer on August 7. That seems like a long time based on my previous experience with Porsche unless I just missed a ship. Thanks
Nice! Our cars might be ship buddies!

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That seems like a long time based on my previous experience with Porsche unless I just missed a ship. Thanks
I have been waiting 4 weeks for a ship to Northern California, and was supposed to go out last week - but hasn't happened yet and unclear when it will be.

Then it is 4 weeks on the water and they have scheduled 2 weeks from the port to the dealer, but that time can be dramatically lower.

This site may help you with the VIN - put it in the bill of lading box. It doesn't always work though.

https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps/?f...cean.do?method=getDefaultOceanQuickSearchPage

Your dealer should be able to tell you when they think it will leave Emden, and once it does, they can tell you which ship.

Curtis6525

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera 4s
Country flag
I just got word mine is waiting at the emden port also and due for transport to San Diego as well. So I think we will all be ship buddies lol......Have you found anything concerning which ship it will be on?

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Your salesman should be able to provide you with all this information you are requesting. Mine did.

OP
OP

Marshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S; 2021 Macan S
Country flag
Your salesman should be able to provide you with all this information you are requesting. Mine did.
PWL has finally updated their shipping schedule. It looks like the next ship out to San Diego is the GLOVIS SUNRISE leaving Emden on June 16 with an ETA in San Diego July 12. Hopefully our cars will not be in the port that long and we will all have them by the third week of July. The GLOVIS SUNRISE is supposed to be in Benecia (Northern California) on July 14. We are getting close.

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine is supposed to get to Emden on June 12 and leave in July. Maybe I’ll get lucky and catch your ship!
Sponsored