OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Update on my situation: I talked with another woman from PCNA yesterday. I gave her the build numbers of some other builds that are being produced much faster than mine. (Thanks TriTaycan and MissionC for sending me your build numbers!) She said that she is not allowed to discuss other people's cars, due to confidentiality or something. That's pretty bogus to me, and makes it very easy for her to sidestep an explanation about what's slowing my build down. She told me what the other woman said - that the system shows nothing as slowing down the build. As we agree, they re must be something otherwise other cars woudn't be getting produced 2-3 times as quickly as mine. My original late may delivery is now the end of August. Ugh.

She said that she would keep an eye on my build and send me regular updates. She also asked if there is anything I would want to make it right. I told her the only thing I could think of - that they could throw in a full PPF and ceramic coating, which would be nice.

I'm still very annoyed, and thinking of cancelling my order and waiting for MY2021. But I'll give it a little while yet and see if it gets sped up.
Sponsored

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Too bad you haven't gotten sorted favorably. If you look at the thread about orders there's a fairly wide dispersion in production/delivery times across orders, so doesn't seem you are the only one in that boat. I pick my car up Sunday (actually could have picked it up yday, just out of town until Sunday.

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes. I know there have been lots of delays getting onto a ship, etc, but I haven’t heard of anyone else having an assembly line delay like mine.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So, again - is there anyone out there with a recent build schedule update, whose car entered V260 (Entry to Body Shop), on or after mine (3/9), and is projected to exit the body shop before 7/3?

I know you're out there!

If so, could you do me a HUGE favor and send me your commission number? I'd really like to hear Porsche's explanation as to why my car is taking over 2 months to complete on a running assembly line.
Have you asked them for the screen shot of the summary page (not the detailed schedule) of your order? Reason I ask is that my schedule hasn't changed (still says not in Emden), but the other page shows which ship I am on and when it is supposed to sail. Wondering if that schedule page is not getting updated for some orders.

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I don’t think I’ve seen the summary page. Not sure what that looks like. But presumably the PCNA woman checked. She confirmed that my car is still on the assembly line.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
...My original late may delivery is now the end of August. Ugh.

I'm still very annoyed, and thinking of cancelling my order and waiting for MY2021. But I'll give it a little while yet and see if it gets sped up.
My car is 4 months delayed. Production moved from Feb to June. Good things take time, gotta be patient! :rolleyes:

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My car is 4 months delayed. Production moved from Feb to June. Good things take time, gotta be patient! :rolleyes:
They were going to build the car in February and now it's June?? How did that happen?

igad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
all sold waiting for a Taycan!
Country flag
Don’t believe the hype. I’ve been offered Many cancelled Taycan orders this week in the UK, few with delivery this month. Also heard Porshce have ramped up production to churn out Taycans like fast food burgers

Where do you hear about cancelled orders? do you just ask your dealer?
Sponsored