OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I think there is something wrong with your particular situation. If I recall we were both originally expecting cars with a May-ish delivery to Boston? My car was delayed by the shutdown, but is supposedly on the boat and expected to get to me later this month. I wonder if you have some particular option that they are having trouble fulfilling? Just a guess.
That's what I'm wondering too. I was originally supposed to have it early May. Now early August. The one month shutdown caused me to have a 3 month delay. What dealer are you? I'm Herb Chambers in Burlington.
Sponsored

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That's what I'm wondering too. I was originally supposed to have it early May. Now early August. The one month shutdown caused me to have a 3 month delay. What dealer are you? I'm Herb Chambers in Burlington.
same dealer.

Julien

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Ducati X Diavel S, Mercedes CLA, KTM Super Adventure R.
Country flag
Join the club! I have confirmed production late december 2019! Then a letter saying delayed 10 weeks, then nothing for months, then today, might get it towards the end of june. No explaination why.

Sport Mode

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S P100D, Range Rover SVR, Porsche 4S, De Tomaso Pantera
Country flag
My Turbo S was originally a 6/5 build 9/4 delivery to SF Bay Area and is now 7/17 build 10/9 delivery.

It looks like the new projected delivery shaved 8 days off 92 days vs. 84 days. Perhaps the shipping/sailing timing is better.

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Anyone else in the US whose car was in production at the time of the shutdown, care to share your build schedule?

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Anyone else in the US whose car was in production at the time of the shutdown, care to share your build schedule?
I had a 4S for which I placed an order in mid-March, a few days before the lockdowns here in NY. I told that the car was going into production in late May and was advised to expect the car in September.

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Ok, I just got off the phone with a nice woman at Porsche. She is claiming that all cars are being built on the same schedule, and should be entering and exiting production at the same rate. That goes against what people are saying in this thread and elsewhere.

To reiterate- my car entered production on 3/9. So at the time of the shutdown on 3/18, it had been in production for 9 days. The shutdown ended on 5/5. My car is scheduled to exit production on 7/3. So that has it in production for a total of 68 days. Then I'm supposed to get it 6 weeks after that.

If anyone has a recent update showing their car entering production after mine and exiting sooner, would you mind PMing me your commission number? The Porsche lady said she would look at it to see why I'm being delayed. Still seems like something is going on.

68 days in production!

Last edited:

tk23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mclaren 600LT. Porsche macan gts. Porsche 964 C4. Volvo xc90
Country flag
Anyone else in the US whose cars were in production when the shutdown started? Another forum member's build schedule says his car will start the end of this week, and is expected to be delivered to him in early August, ~before~ I get my car that started production on March 13!! There is something going on with my car, it doesn't make sense that other cars will enter and exit production while my car is "in production". They seem to have put it aside for some reason, could I have something in my build that is delaying it?
There must be certain cars that get delayed for some reason. I suspect certain options cause issues. Mine was one of them. My car went into production 12/18/19 and I still don’t have it. It got delayed with the pre-covid delays and then was built and at the port when it shut down. Then held at the port here for a recall. By the time I get it next week it will be nearly 6 months from the start of production. I wish I knew which options cause delays as I avoid them in the future.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ok, I just got off the phone with a nice woman at Porsche. The Porsche lady said she would look at it to see why I'm being delayed. Still seems like something is going on.
Is this just a Customer Service agent at PCNA? As in you just called a publicly available Porsche number? If so, they have no knowledge or power and are just there to dissuade you from bugging anyone further up the chain.

No offense to them, it's a job, but that's the sole purpose of what they do.

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Is this just a Customer Service agent at PCNA? As in you just called a publicly available Porsche number? If so, they have no knowledge or power and are just there to dissuade you from bugging anyone further up the chain.

No offense to them, it's a job, but that's the sole purpose of what they do.
I didn’t call her, she called me, after the prompting of the GM at my dealership. I didn’t ask her what her role was.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I may be in a similar situation. I was in production rig
Entry to body shop: 3/5
Entry Compound: 3/17
Exit Compound: 4/28
Exit Production: 4/29
Entry Emden: 6/16

About 53 days production, but then another 45 days to get to a boat.

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I may be in a similar situation. I was in production rig

Entry to body shop: 3/5
Entry Compound: 3/17
Exit Compound: 4/28
Exit Production: 4/29
Entry Emden: 6/16

About 53 days production, but then another 45 days to get to a boat.
When I say I will be 68 days in production, I’m talking about the time between entry and exit body shop. It looks like you were in production for less than two weeks. You got out right before the shutdown. Nice!

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
When I say I will be 68 days in production, I’m talking about the time between entry and exit body shop. It looks like you were in production for less than two weeks. You got out right before the shutdown. Nice!
I wasn't out of production until 4/29 (started on 3/5). near the end of production, the car was moved to a compound, stayed there for over a month, then finished production after that.

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I wasn't out of production until 4/29 (started on 3/5). near the end of production, the car was moved to a compound, stayed there for over a month, then finished production after that.
Yes, ok, but I'm talking about the time my car will have been in the body shop, excluding the shutdown. So 68 days in the "body shop", while the factory is running. Your car was in there for less than two weeks, which is more like it!

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So, again - is there anyone out there with a recent build schedule update, whose car entered V260 (Entry to Body Shop), on or after mine (3/9), and is projected to exit the body shop before 7/3?

I know you're out there!

If so, could you do me a HUGE favor and send me your commission number? I'd really like to hear Porsche's explanation as to why my car is taking over 2 months to complete on a running assembly line.
Sponsored