My car keeps unlocking

ardevd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have my Taycan in my garage which is situated directly below the living room. Whenever I enter the living from it seems like the car senses the proximity of the key and unlocks itself. I’ve never had other cars do this and I guess the key signal is just stronger than my previous vehicles. Has anyone had this issue? Perhaps I need to get some sort of faraday pouch for the key fob?
Sponsored

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I think you can turn the key fob off by pushing 2 buttons together for a few seconds. Should be in the GTK app

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have my Taycan in my garage which is situated directly below the living room. Whenever I enter the living from it seems like the car senses the proximity of the key and unlocks itself. I’ve never had other cars do this and I guess the key signal is just stronger than my previous vehicles. Has anyone had this issue? Perhaps I need to get some sort of faraday pouch for the key fob?
If you see the key flashing then it is within range.

Get a faraday pouch or similar OR place the keys elsewhere otherwise your fob battery will quickly deplete.

Nesting

First Name
Jordane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2022
Country flag
You can also deactivate the Comfort open option I think.
Honestly they are not that useful it will just shut off the front trunk "slide hand" opening, trunk "kick opening" and touch open for the door.

It will not deactivate touch to close which I like and I prefer opening the car by pressing the fob personally I like the physicality of it and seeing the car come to life from further away.

But you should still get a faraday pouch, for your battery yes but I also think someone mentioned the "electrical error" issue might be triggered from storing the key too close from the car.

Last edited:

Eknut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Watch out that the key battery will die very fast if it's constantly in contact with the car.
Sponsored