IanD

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.2 Targa, 981 GT4, 997 C4S
Country flag
My build is due to lock down later this month and after much deliberation, we’ve arrived at this spec. We‘d looked at adding some deviated stitching to give some life to interior, but have gone for the carbon trim instead. Still on the fence a little for the active cruise control and the surround view parking, but need to draw the line somewhere. :rolleyes:

PNNR4J17
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNNR4J17

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

**edit**

Final spec code:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN3ZJMZ9
Sponsored

Last edited:

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
My build is due to lock down later this month and after much deliberation, we’ve arrived at this spec. We‘d looked at adding some deviated stitching to give some life to interior, but have gone for the carbon trim instead. Still on the fence a little for the active cruise control and the surround view parking, but need to draw the line somewhere. :rolleyes:

Let me know what you thin.

Thanks
Nice spec!

I would recommend the ACC and surround view. I use them both every time I drive. Maneuvering with the bird's-eye view is a breeze, and ACC is useful in city driving, highway cruising, and winding down a long mountain road without constant brake-pedal use (although you might not encounter many mountain roads without first ferrying to continental Europe).

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Looks very similar ;)

A couple of points but again it's all personal opinions:

- Love the off road package! If I could go back i'd spec it, looks great in the flesh
- Defo satin black wheels.
- Lose the upper carbon mirrors already has so many shades of black going on it does need it. If you went turbo s then yes as there are other carbon bits to match it to.
- 18 way seats for sure but get them ventilated, first time I've got them and use them all the time.
- The standard red callipers add something to the exterior but black I'm sure will look great too
- Get ACC, it's great in traffic. With it optioned you can select other options later through the app
- I never use the cameras in other cars so I never spec'd it on mine
- Another one I would have ticked is race-tex headlining just to finish off the interior.

And good luck with the wait! ?

OP
OP

IanD

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks very similar ;)

A couple of points but again it's all personal opinions:

- Love the off road package! If I could go back i'd spec it, looks great in the flesh
- Defo satin black wheels.
- Lose the upper carbon mirrors already has so many shades of black going on it does need it. If you went turbo s then yes as there are other carbon bits to match it to.
- 18 way seats for sure but get them ventilated, first time I've got them and use them all the time.
- The standard red callipers add something to the exterior but black I'm sure will look great too
- Get ACC, it's great in traffic. With it optioned you can select other options later through the app
- I never use the cameras in other cars so I never spec'd it on mine
- Another one I would have ticked is race-tex headlining just to finish off the interior.

And good luck with the wait! ?
Thanks for this… I do love the race-tex headlining, but wasn’t sure if the pillars were included and the cost seemed to ramp up quickly!
The carbon mirror caps are maybe a bit random and would be the first thing to drop if we need to add anything else.

…back to the configurator!

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for this… I do love the race-tex headlining, but wasn’t sure if the pillars were included and the cost seemed to ramp up quickly!
The carbon mirror caps are maybe a bit random and would be the first thing to drop if we need to add anything else.

…back to the configurator!
The top of the pillars are but the lower end is not. I think you can only spec them in Leather for a silly cost.

Another thing was the 22kw charging option you ticked... not sure on your charging situation but the majority of the time you will not need or use this option. Save yourself the cash.

OP
OP

IanD

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The top of the pillars are but the lower end is not. I think you can only spec them in Leather for a silly cost.

Another thing was the 22kw charging option you ticked... not sure on your charging situation but the majority of the time you will not need or use this option. Save yourself the cash.
most of our local public charging is 22kw and I think I have the option of getting a 22 KW charger at the office as it’s got 3 phase. I need to research this a bit more as it’s certainly not a cheap option and should be standard.

looked more into the race-tex headlining and adding that. It seems to cover a bit more than I first though, so thanks! Carbon mirrors removed to help balance the cost?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
most of our local public charging is 22kw and I think I have the option of getting a 22 KW charger at the office as it’s got 3 phase. I need to research this a bit more as it’s certainly not a cheap option and should be standard.

looked more into the race-tex headlining and adding that. It seems to cover a bit more than I first though, so thanks! Carbon mirrors removed to help balance the cost?
Not sure how the charging situation is in the UK, but I have been EV's driving in the USA for over 8 years bow, and having had 20KW charging available I will say this of its use:
  1. Very useful if you have a short Time of Use charging window at home and cannot get a full charge within that window using 10KW
  2. Somewhat useful on the road because for overnight charging stays you can usually charge to full at 10KW just fine. Useful mostly if you ever have to stop for just a 10KWh chargeup to extend your range to reach a DC charger, and assuming where you stop has a 20KW charger - there it means 30m instead of an hour. In America most L2 chargers are not 20KW capable either, so its usefulness varies (I used to use one in Canada in the old days, 30m stop at a store gave me enough range to reach the next DC charger on the US side, but since then they've built more DC chargers in Canada, so wouldn't use it today if I went there). I guess the usefulness of 20KW charging on the road depends on how often you charge at L2 while waiting.
  3. Useful for me 1-3 times a year (before COVID) at home where I would do a long drive in the morning, then had to do more in the evening. Stopping at home for only a couple of hours I appreciated the double charging rate.
  4. My work office has EV chargers, including one or two 20KW chargers, but you know what, they are outside in the weather (read: rain) while I prefer to park in the garage. I could get free $1.00 a day, perhaps more if I choose to not charge at home at all, but too much hassle for little gain (I pay $0.10 per KWh at home). And even then, I could charge to full even at 10KW through the workday. Also, I rarely go to the office at all, no more than once a week even before COVID (I discovered work-from-home almost 2 decades ago).
That said, I am planning to equip my Taycan with 20KW charger, as it will be replacing a car with similar range which has 20KW charger (Tesla Model S) and my garage charging supports up to 20KW per car. I also hobby around with EV's and chargers, so nice to have an 80A one to test chargers with.

Last edited:
OP
OP

IanD

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure how the charging situation is in the UK, but I have been EV's driving in the USA for over 8 years bow, and having had 20KW charging available I will say this of its use:
  1. Very useful if you have a short Time of Use charging window at home and cannot get a full charge within that window using 10KW
  2. Somewhat useful on the road because for overnight charging stays you can usually charge to full at 10KW just fine. Useful mostly if you ever have to stop for just a 10KW chargeup to extend your range to reach a DC charger, and assuming where you stop has a 20KW charger - there it means 30m instead of an hour. In America most L2 chargers are not 20KW capable either, so its usefulness varies (I used to use one in Canada in the old days, 30m stop at a store gave me enough range to reach the next DC charger on the US side, but since then they've built more DC chargers in Canada, so wouldn't use it today if I went there). I guess the usefulness of 20KW charging on the road depends on how often you charge at L2 while waiting.
  3. Useful for me 1-3 times a year (before COVID) at home where I would do a long drive in the morning, then had to do more in the evening. Stopping at home for only a couple of hours I appreciated the double charging rate.
  4. My work office has EV chargers, including one or two 20KW chargers, but you know what, they are outside in the weather (read: rain) while I prefer to park in the garage. I could get free $1.00 a day, perhaps more if I choose to not charge at home at all, but too much hassle for little gain (I pay $0.10 per KWh at home). And even then, I could charge to full even at 10KW through the workday. Also, I rarely go to the office at all, no more than once a week even before COVID (I discovered work-from-home almost 2 decades ago).
That said, I am planning to equip my Taycan with 20KW charger, as it will be replacing a car with similar range which has 20KW charger (Tesla Model S) and my garage charging supports up to 20KW per car. I also hobby around with EV's and chargers, so nice to have an 80A one to test chargers with.
Thanks for the insight. It certainly seems useful, but I suppose its a case of weighing up the cost benefit from charging away from the house and also the convenience of getting a slightly faster top up. Our cost is around £0.17 per KWh so it's certainly a long payback from a pure cost perspective! :)

OP
OP

IanD

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ok... so I've made a few teaks and added the race-tex headlining and added the steering wheel to match, but removed the carbon trim on the wheel. Also changed back the callipers to red as our Targa has the same and looks good. Also better than paying to simply change the colour.

Just need to decide, between ACC, Vented seats or comfort access. All would get used, although never had the vented seats so in some ways you don't miss what you've not had.

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ok... so I've made a few teaks and added the race-tex headlining and added the steering wheel to match, but removed the carbon trim on the wheel. Also changed back the callipers to red as our Targa has the same and looks good. Also better than paying to simply change the colour.

Just need to decide, between ACC, Vented seats or comfort access. All would get used, although never had the vented seats so in some ways you don't miss what you've not had.
It's looking very close to my perfect spec :)

I will say the the leather steering wheel is beautiful as it is, genuinely prefer it over the race-tex wheel, also wears better over time.

You know my thoughts on ACC & ventilated seats, when it comes to comfort access I didn't spec it due to security concerns which other threads have covered if that helps.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag

PNNR4J17

Let me know what you think.

Thanks
I specced ACC since I intend to use my car as a daily commuter and the traffic here can be terrible.

Surround view parking maybe very helpful if you park in lots of tight parking spots.

OP
OP

IanD

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the comments and suggestions… very close to final now and just the long wait… looking like end of year so will hopefully be a nice New Years present!

OP
OP

IanD

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
thanks... I saw this yesterday and really love the overall look. Must say it did give me a bit of a wobble on the Matt vs gloss wheels and if I should stick with the red brakes or go black. I was looking to try and justify the white ones, but not sure it’s worth the price ?‍♂

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
thanks... I saw this yesterday and really love the overall look. Must say it did give me a bit of a wobble on the Matt vs gloss wheels and if I should stick with the red brakes or go black. I was looking to try and justify the white ones, but not sure it’s worth the price ?‍♂
For me its the off road design pack, it's my only regret not ticking!

Don't worry the satin wheels would only add to that car.
Sponsored