Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Gorgeous! Now I'm regretting not ordering the CT instead of the regular ol' sedan.

Would you mind sharing where you got your PPF/tint done?
Do you live in Southern California? Otherwise my suggestion may not be helpful to you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kayone73

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I wonder what specific area you covered with PPF. My shop locally now switched from Ceramic Pro to some Fusion by XPEL product saying it is easier to apply to achieve multi-application results of Ceramic Pro. My current SUVs they covered with Ceramic Pro and I have been very happy with it.

I am pricing this now before I get the car, so I am thinking just the front bumper and what I think they call rocker panels as shown.

Anyone is recommending doing it differently.

Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S delivery experience at the PEC Los Angeles 1641504489070

OP
OP
Kayone73

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wonder what specific area you covered with PPF. My shop locally now switched from Ceramic Pro to some Fusion by XPEL product saying it is easier to apply to achieve multi-application results of Ceramic Pro. My current SUVs they covered with Ceramic Pro and I have been very happy with it.

I am pricing this now before I get the car, so I am thinking just the front bumper and what I think they call rocker panels as shown.

Anyone is recommending doing it differently.

1641504489070.png
Full front clip and mirrors using this stock image I pulled from google to give you an accurate idea

Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S delivery experience at the PEC Los Angeles ppf-full-front

HeTakesThatFivePercent

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S (incoming)
Country flag
OP
OP
Kayone73

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks! Funny, they're only 15 minutes from me and I reached out to get a quote just the other day, but didn't get a response. Will give them another ring.
They're incredibly difficult to reach by phone, try their FB page and use Messenger to get a quote.

OP
OP
Kayone73

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Since I have a MY2021(AA not yet supported) and use Android Auto, I opted to get the 2 piece Pro Clips phone mount and it works perfectly, just clips in the center console with friction and no sticky adhesives.

https://www.proclipusa.com/collections/dashboard-mounts-porsche-taycan-2020

The other plus is I can run Android Auto media/Google Maps navigation as my default but can also run the Porsche nav simultaneously for public EV charging spots to precondition the battery for max charging speeds ??

FB_IMG_1643054198914.jpg

FB_IMG_1643054201571.jpg

FB_IMG_1643054204365.jpg

FB_IMG_1643054207015.jpg

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag
Thought I would piggyback on this thread by @Kayone73 for my delivery.

I took delivery of my 2021 Taycan 4s last week at PEC LA.
Long story, ordered last April, got hit with the delays in the summer, car shipped in November and arrived late December to Benecia, then delivery at the end of January. Ordered from Princeton Porsche.

PECLA was a great experience, being new to Porsche. Had the delivery of the car, then a 90 minute driving experience, then lunch. Highly recommend it for anyone.

After the reveal, they helped setup the car, made sure the car was connected via the PCM to my porscheID, provided overview of the car.

Track experience was great also, got to do a few launch controls in a Turbo, then also went through the track at increasing speeds. Also did the skid plates and the circular low-friction area. My wife did a short drive also, but opted for low speeds and got a little sick when the instructors were driving her around at high speeds.

Car was with me one day, then off for front ppf, ceramic and tint, hoping to get it back in a few days. Used Aerowerkz for this service.

Love the color, got neptune blue with chalk interior.

Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S delivery experience at the PEC Los Angeles IMG_1124.JPG

Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S delivery experience at the PEC Los Angeles IMG_1152.JPG

Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S delivery experience at the PEC Los Angeles IMG_1273

Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S delivery experience at the PEC Los Angeles IMG_0469
Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S delivery experience at the PEC Los Angeles IMG_1119.JPG

Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S delivery experience at the PEC Los Angeles IMG_1249.JPG

Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S delivery experience at the PEC Los Angeles IMG_0469 2

OP
OP
Kayone73

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Some depressing news: a couple weeks ago I got into an accident with a commercial truck that wasn't driving straight (NO PASSENGERS IN MY CAR, NOBODY INVOLVED EVEN REMOTELY HURT), clipped my driver side front end and basically tore and peeled the front bumper away from the front crash beam and caused some radiator damage as well. After a full front tear down and damage assessment, the estimated repair bill submitted to my insurance is of course $$$$ but it's currently sitting idle at the collision center affiliated with the local Porsche dealership near me.

Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S delivery experience at the PEC Los Angeles received-1292818237886848

Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S delivery experience at the PEC Los Angeles received-659959215245441

Fortunately appears to be zero frame damage, no air bags went off, and all the parts replacement appear to be straight bolt on replacements, but given the current state of parts shortages, we're all bracing for a long wait. In the meantime I'm driving around a loaner Macan until then.

Will update the thread with positive news updates as it comes.

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
Some depressing news: a couple weeks ago I got into an accident with a commercial truck that wasn't driving straight (NO PASSENGERS IN MY CAR, NOBODY INVOLVED EVEN REMOTELY HURT), clipped my driver side front end and basically tore and peeled the front bumper away from the front crash beam and caused some radiator damage as well. After a full front tear down and damage assessment, the estimated repair bill submitted to my insurance is of course $$$$ but it's currently sitting idle at the collision center affiliated with the local Porsche dealership near me.
Sorry to see that happen to your Taycan. Hope you can get it back on the road soon !!

OP
OP
Kayone73

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
All the replacement parts have finally arrived and front end reassembly almost done, what a painful long wait.

Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S delivery experience at the PEC Los Angeles received_2904337349865770

Once this is done, back to the dealership service center to recalibrate all the front end electronics (parking sensor, radar cruise, parking cameras, etc) and a handful of overdue software updates...
Sponsored